Code of Conduct

Default First unsolicited compliment!

Well, I never thought I'd get one but, I got my first ever unsolicited compliment today from a female co-worker. She said I smelled nice and asked me what I was wearing and it was....my first public outing with Aventus!

I have to say, I was quite surprised as although I like it (only worn a couple of times from my sample) I seem to stop smelling it on myself after a couple of hours! So, I was skeptical but it seems Aventus does get you noticed after all. As a bonus, my partner really likes it on me too!

Default Re: First unsolicited compliment!

Awesome, man!

After how many hours of wearing it did you get this compliment?

Thanks It was about seven hours after applying - I was really impressed! My partner still smelled it easily on me a couple of hours after that.

Keep wearing Masterpieces like Aventus, and it won't be your last compliment. Enjoy!

Fragrance compliments as I have said before are wonderful from whomever they originate.

I haven't gotten compliments with it and its not my fave but this 50 ml batch I got is a beast. I literally catch whiffs of it 12 hours later when I'm out of my work clothes and laying around my house. I still smell it on sweaters 2 days after the fact and its strong. Glad its working for you!
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Nice man!! I totally get compliments with Aventus literally every time I wear it when a female gets near me. I don't reach for it as often as I should but there is no doubt this stuff garners attention.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by IainCD View Post
    Well, I never thought I'd get one but, I got my first ever unsolicited compliment today from a female co-worker. She said I smelled nice and asked me what I was wearing and it was....my first public outing with Aventus!

I have to say, I was quite surprised as although I like it (only worn a couple of times from my sample) I seem to stop smelling it on myself after a couple of hours! So, I was skeptical but it seems Aventus does get you noticed after all. As a bonus, my partner really likes it on me too!
    I can't smell Aventus 3 hours later, but people around me can. There are some women who love this scent and love to sniff me when I wear it.

Nice job, bro! Glad it's working for 'ya.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Regardless what I think of Aventus as a whole, I can't deny that it will pull compliments with decent frequency.

As guys, it seems that we get far less campliments on our fragrances than do women. WOmen seem to compliment one another far more often. -- I beleive this is self serving, because whenever women or girls meet they say "oh I love your, _____, you look (or smell) so good!! and the opposite woman replies, "oh thank you, I love your _______."

When my wife does this or others do it to her, i just think to myself that they are just "reverse fishing" for a compliment.

That SAID....I really really like to get a compliment on my scent of the day. I can think back and tell you in detail each of the last 3 I received over the past 18 months!

So , I try to pay attention to others wearing scent, but I so rarily smell a man wearing something.

Overcome By Fumes

Cool, nice to hear it. It won't be your last.

I had a patient of mine tell me that my fragrance made her want to "put on the lingerie and say 'come on boy.'" I think it was probably the sedation they had just given her talking but it was the funniest unsolicited compliment I've ever gotten.

^^ I'll have what he's wearing

Aventus has to definitely move up the ranks of my test list, not just for the compliments only, but far more out of sheer curiosity.

Well, I must admit that I came to it skeptical but I found that I really liked it - the compliment was lovely but incidental Now, apparently, I just have to secure a batch that smells like my sample!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Fragrance compliments as I have said before are wonderful from whomever they originate.
    May be that's the reason why most of us can not leave this hobby...
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Very true. They are few and far between, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I had a patient of mine tell me that my fragrance made her want to "put on the lingerie and say 'come on boy.'" I think it was probably the sedation they had just given her talking but it was the funniest unsolicited compliment I've ever gotten.
    Oh snap!

Basenotes Member

Post Re: First unsolicited compliment!

As guys, it seems that we get far less campliments on our fragrances than do women. WOmen seem to compliment one another far more often. -- I beleive this is self serving, because whenever women or girls meet they say "oh I love your, _____, you look (or smell) so good!! and the opposite woman replies, "oh thank you, I love your _______."
    While there is a bit of reverse fishing it's just safer to compliment another woman on her fragrance. I've complimented men on their scent, without any agenda, and men aren't sure how to take it. Some get embarrassed, some think I'm hitting on them and avoid me, some think it's a signal to approach me. Unless I know a guy reasonably well, I'll bite my tongue.