Code of Conduct

Default Identifying a Diesel fragrance

I need help identifying a fragrance.

We had a house guest from Mexico City and he wore a Diesel fragrance that drove me crazy. It wasn't Alejandro that did it, it was strictly the fragrance.

It didn't have much sillage - I smelled it twice, when we hugged as he arrived, and when we hugged as he left, so... not a sillage monster.

But it took my breath away. I don't know or care if it was classic or good. My reaction was strictly visceral. He said it was a Diesel fragrance but that was all he knew (or cared). I tried to get him to show me the bottle, but that never transpired.

For the fragrance: hard to explain - I believe it was in the heartnote or drydown phase. Hints of freshness, not too base-y, not too strong, smooth, non-gourmand, non-sweet, possible 'new' chypre; tmn amazingly sensual. That was as far as I could pick up without clinging to his neck, which I was almost willing to do.

I know chemistry is everything. This might have been a 'perfect storm' fragrance on him, but am hoping not. Is there anyway of discerning this fragrance through the little I have given? Thanks so much.

Default Re: Identifying a Diesel fragrance

Fuel for life?

Could have been fuel for life, Only the Brave, Diesel by Diesel or if it had a green vibe, it could have been Diesel Green Masculine.

Has to be Only The Brave with its beautiful and soft leather note.

Probably either of those two already mentioned.

I love leather - it might have been Only The Brave.

I'm going to a store today that has a line of Diesel, and will try the suggestions. Should be fun if nothing else, but I really am intent on this fragrance, so hope I hit the jackpot. Thanks for the suggestions. Nice to have a knowledgeable group to turn to.

If you say it wasn't sweet, I'd be surprised if the frag ended up being FFL - I find that so sweet that it induces a toothache just writing about it.

It does sound most like Only The Brave.

I own quite a few Diesel scents. Fuel for Life projects like a beast, and most people can smell the raspberry in it. Zero Plus has average projection and is mostly a cinnamon bomb, with a rubbery smell along with heliotrope (sort of vanilla-ish). Plus Plus projects pretty strong and has a very synthetic smell.. sort of grape-ish, creamy, hard to categorize, and harder to explain, similar to B*Men or Escada Magnetism, I would say. Green Masculine is basically lime and vanilla, very fresh green, sits a bit closer to the skin.

Only the Brave is fresh and peppery, amber/leather -- doesn't project very well either. Sounds like this may be it.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)