Code of Conduct

Default Bond No 9: Some fragrances that redeem their ill

I have been known to bash this house from time to time. Perhaps that is a little harsh. I've considered them a high end knock off company, but to be fair, its hard to create something that totally smells like nothing else in todays offerings. There are some unique fragrances is their lineup such as Riverside Drive, Bleeker Street and such. However, I'm loving this house for these 3 fragrances: Central Park, Nouveau Bowery, and Bleeker Street. Their citruses are fresh, lively, and last for ages unlike Eau D'Hadrien, Eau D'Orange Vert and the like. Just like any house, there are ones you like and ones you don't. However, I do believe that they try to put a good quality fragrance and I don't think anyone can argue with their longevity and sillage.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Bond No 9: Some fragrances that redeem their ill

Personally not a fan of anything they offer that I would consider adding to my almost 40 year collection.

I haven't owned any but I agree with how bright they are. I found Central Park to be one of the greenest fragrances I've tried and really loved the fresh/brightness of Bleeker St when I was testing it while visiting New Orleans.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally not a fan of anything they offer that I would consider adding to my almost 40 year collection.
    Wow hednic, a 40 year collection. Totally stunning. Does the juice from 40 years ago still have integrity? I'm aware that you store your fragrances with care and I'm curious to know if the juice has turned. Back to Bond, their citruses have always put a smile on my face. When I want to be anti-cologne or just need a pick me up, they've always gotten the job done not to mention they are great to wear to the gym because they tend to last more so than other citruses I've tried. I love Mandarina Duck Man for these qualities as well. Don't get me wrong, I love Eau d'hadrien and Sud. They just don't last or project well on me. Perhaps the musk and woods in central park help out with longevity. Needless to say, there is obviously a high concentration of oils in it.

I agree with ya bro! Their frags have great longevity, but like any other house they have some good ones and some not so good ones. I enjoy New Harlem, Chez bond and Riverside Drive.

TIP: I put 5 sprays of central park on my oil warmer and it fills my whole apartment gorgeously as well as the candle, if not better. Its my fav scent for doing this.

Wow...40 year collection. I want to be like you when I grow up..
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

I love and own many Bond No. 9 fragrances. They all last a long time, and I think many smell great.

With spring around the corner (a long slow corner)... I would recommend Eau De New York - a great citrus/neroli fragrance with great longevity. Also Montauk is a subtle twist on Bleecker Street (which I love) and is worth a look. And when it gets warm, I will be looking forward to wearing Chez Bond which is a nice variant (rip) of GIT.

I haven't found anything from Bond that I'd buy, but that's just a reflection of my own tastes rather than a statement about Bond's quality or uniqueness. I've tried a ton of their scents, though certainly I haven't tried them all. I haven't found one I like enough to purchase. Not yet, anyway. But they're definitely unique and high quality.

Brooklyn is superb. It's not for me, and I don't think the name fits the scent at all, but the scent itself is excellent.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I'm a fan of Silver Factory, Harrods Swarovski Oud, New York Oud, and New Haarlem (If the mood strikes me for it). I view them kind of like Creed minus the inconsistencies. A few I love, others I like, most I don't care about.

They do have some rather petty business practices though (which doesn't make a difference on how I think they smell however).

One thing I could never knock any Bond scent that I've ever tried for though, is the longevity and sillage. They're quite excellent in both these departments.

Dcampbell

I used to really like Bond, but the more I smell from other houses I feel they are charging way too much for the product they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    One thing I could never knock any Bond scent that I've ever tried for though, is the longevity and sillage. They're quite excellent in both these departments.
    I totally agree.

Banned
    Blog Entries

New Haarlem, in my opinion, is a masterpeice. The best Bond scent out there.

Bleecker Street, Wall Street, Cooper Square and Chinatown are good, but I don't think, for the price, it's worth it to buy a full bottle of them. Maybe decants.

My personal favorite is Eau de New York. It's got a really nice soft vibe to it. Excellent in any weather. Very pleasant.
    Bleecker street is great too!

And btw, Chicago is stunning as well. I tend to forget about it because I don't own a bottle, just a tiny decant from saks. But this would be a best seller if it were in production.