Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleu de Chanel

Default Bleu de Chanel

Anyone have this?
    Thoughts?

I just bought it and it smells amazing. But it smells like a Cologne i smelt before...Just can't point out what other fragrance it smells like.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 15th February 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Default Re: Bleu De Chenal.

this means that it is not original enough... one of the good fresh scents though. suits very well a young person. the problem is that very likely you will get tired of it long before you finish the bottle

I did not like it at first. now I LOVE it.

I love it.

Gets so much hate on here for being generic, but it is a great daily wear/all season fragrance.

It's quite popular, so maybe you have smelled it before on other people..
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Like many here, I'm not a big fan of the genre, but as fresh scents go I think Bleu de Chanel is quite good. It's one of the few I own.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Hows long is longevity on this? I sprayed it on me in the mall but took a bath when i got home.
    Haven't open my bottle yet to retry it.

Quote Originally Posted by retrosuperfuture View Post
    Hows long is longevity on this? I sprayed it on me in the mall but took a bath when i got home.
    Haven't open my bottle yet to retry it.
    I get about six hours.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Not a fan. pepper, iso e, something turns bad on me after about 30 min.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I think you got a fake...
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I love it. I burned through a 3.4 oz, so I bought the 5.0 oz economy size.

Terrrible terrible terrible crap.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    How? I bought it straight out of macys.

Blog Entries

How? I bought it straight out of macys.
    I think he's just funning you a bit!

BTW, welcome to Basenotes, and LOVE your username! It strikes me as very "steampunk", even though I don't have a clue where it comes from!

Banned

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - One is immediately greeted with a very fresh, citrus pas de trois by the tangy orange tree, the tart lemon tree and the zesty grapefruit. Warm pink peppercorn as well as a well-developed peppermint join in to make a very crisp cocktail as it flows to the waiting middle. Wonderfully, spicy and sweet nutmeg and a somewhat penetrating ginger, floating on an ethereal cloud of sweet jasmine, subsume the delightful opening. The lighthearted heart is drawn to the strong, woody base with its dry cedar and bright and fresh sandalwood, along with a smattering of evocative incense. The welcoming base is augmented by patchouli with its slight peppery, herbaceous aspects, vetiver with its earthy grassiness as well as radiant labdanum imparting a sweet and salty, vegetal, mossy facet. Thence, the resplendent base meanders to its soft drydown. Really an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, this mainstream scent is subtly nuanced enough to set it apart. This pleasantly refreshing composition has good longevity and good projection.

Beautiful review, D&S. Almost makes me like this scent more then I actually do.

I think it should be perfect for you working retail, Retro. Happy sniffing! The main thing is that you enjoy it on yourself and you don't choke out your fellow employees. Buy a tester or decant of 1 million or Le Male and wear that when you go out at night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - One is immediately greeted with a very fresh, citrus pas de trois by the tangy orange tree, the tart lemon tree and the zesty grapefruit. Warm pink peppercorn as well as a well-developed peppermint join in to make a very crisp cocktail as it flows to the waiting middle. Wonderfully, spicy and sweet nutmeg and a somewhat penetrating ginger, floating on an ethereal cloud of sweet jasmine, subsume the delightful opening. The lighthearted heart is drawn to the strong, woody base with its dry cedar and bright and fresh sandalwood, along with a smattering of evocative incense. The welcoming base is augmented by patchouli with its slight peppery, herbaceous aspects, vetiver with its earthy grassiness as well as radiant labdanum imparting a sweet and salty, vegetal, mossy facet. Thence, the resplendent base meanders to its soft drydown. Really an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, this mainstream scent is subtly nuanced enough to set it apart. This pleasantly refreshing composition has good longevity and good projection.
    Nice!

I wish that some of the folks who dismiss this scent too easily, would take the time to look for the many natural facets mentioned in this review, and find some enjoyment in this level of complexity, which really is there. Thanks!

Sur la Plage

I like to wear it when I drink a glass of white zinfandel and munch on some un-salted saltine crackers topped with Velveeta, while watching a Keanu Reeves "dramatic" movie. I think they all pair up quite nicely.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Smelled kinda familiar (and I haven't smelled that many fragrances).

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Very nice review. Next time you wear it try and smell the oakmoss in it. Although not in the notes list, it is listed on the box.

Of course, I think the mossy facet you attribute to the labdanum is actually the oakmoss at play as I've never really smelled moss, per se, in labdanum.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

It reminds me a lot of Arpege PH. Can't say I'm a fan, although I do like Arpege.

Have it and like it, although Chanel has better offerings IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mspa View Post
    the problem is that very likely you will get tired of it long before you finish the bottle

I find it's the exact opposite with Bleu. The first few times I smelled it I thought "this is kind of boring, I've smelled this before," but then the more and more I wore it, the more I liked it and began to appreciate how good of a fragrance it actually is. It's very well-constructed and there's lots of little nuances here and there. I love wearing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Lol. I really thought this post was going to be about counterfeit Chanel. I expected a close-up jpg. of "Bleu de Chenal" in somebody's pasty, unsatisfied hand.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like to wear it when I drink a glass of white zinfandel and munch on some un-salted saltine crackers topped with Velveeta, while watching a Keanu Reeves "dramatic" movie. I think they all pair up quite nicely.
    Hahaha.

Could be renamed to Axe Body Spray Extreme

Anyone have this?
    Thoughts?

I just bought it and it smells amazing. But it smells like a Cologne i smelt before...Just can't point out what other fragrance it smells like.
    That would be hard as it smells like countless others. Also, as far as I know Oakmoss has been banned now due to ir being deemed an allergen.

I like it but I sold my bottle, so I don't like it That much

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Bleu de Chanel: A quality frag with generic pretensions.

BdC smells like so many other lesser frags that one could almost miss the fact that it (1) a Chanel, and (2) made of quality ingredients. I like BdC a lot but cannot deny it smells so "every-scent".
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I have it and like it. Wasn't too crazy about it at first. After I got it, wore it a couple times, forgot about it for about a year, then woke up one day and liked it. It can be safely worn to work and and going out.

The thing that I like about it is that it doesn't have the usual DNA that we'd come to expect from a Chanel fragrance. The thing that I don't like about is that it's become a VERY popular fragrance and you run the risk of smelling like someone else if you wear it. I like to be a little original. ;-)

The SA's are pushing this in my area.

I tested it once and found it to be really boring and generic.

I think if you want a warm weather Chanel, AHS and Edition Blanche are much better choices

I just spit coffee all over my desk. My father in law wears this, while wearing jean shorts (that he cut down from a pair of stone washed blue jeans), sitting in his recliner while dipping and drinking miller light, in his million dollar home. Hit a bit close to home!

It`s "Chanel quality", but I think it`s very boring..

...must be something very wrong at Chenal's since they seem to be inspired by Bruno Banani...!
    (Bleu de Enrico Coconutty, Cesare Papaya, Rodolfo Mandarino, Aristotelos Pamplemoussos...etc., etc...!)
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 15th February 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Please mods, fix the title of this thread!!!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I've never heard of this Chenal company...

Bleu is really getting a push right now -- SA's at my local department stores all push it, and I see television spots for it pretty regularly. I'd guess it's one of Chanel's men's top sellers right now, if not the top. Sad, really. Not a terrible scent, but there are a lot of guys out there that wear it just because they're being told it's the hot item right now.

Personally, I seem to like it less and less as time goes on. I can't remember the last time I wore it.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Lol i noticed i spelled it wrong SOON as i posted it.
    not sure how to edit the title..

Don't worry, it happens. Only the mods can fix it (as far as I know)

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

You should be able to fix it with the "Go Advanced option" - like I just did on my own post.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

You should be able to fix it with the "Go Advanced option" - like I just did on my own post.
    As far as I know in the Advanced Option you can fix the title for the forthcoming posts, but the original mispelled title will remain visible on the summarizing forums and on all of the previous posts...(see above).

The citrusy, semi-aquatic component in BdC smells very much like Kistna from The Body Shop.

At first I thought it was pathetic. After a while I've changed my mind. Will own it eventually.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

But it smells like a Cologne i smelt before...Just can't point out what other fragrance it smells like.
    To me it smells a lot like the original Allure Homme. Like they share the same accord or something.

Anyway, I adore Bleu ... took me some time to get use to/get to understand, though.

it's a very well made generic fragrance.

I tell people that it's for someone who only owns one bottle and needs something everyone will sort of like and it can be worn really anytime anywhere.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

Anyway, I adore Bleu ... took me some time to get use to/get to understand, though.
    Agreed. One can't smell it on a card and form an accurate perception of it. How it performs on skin is what makes it great. The extra bonus is waking up the day after wearing it and experiencing a toothsome vetiver presence that feels like a natural part of you. Trust Chanel; they didn't just throw this one together as many think. There's a real precision at work.

I bought it after I could not stop sniffing shirt that I wore when sampling it. Unfortunately on my skin it doesnt smell as good as on fabric so I eventually got bored of it and right now I consider it to be worst scent of my collection.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I think it smells great, maybe a little generic, but a very classy generic. My lady loves it too.

Banned
    Blog Entries

it's a nice one for sure, but rather bland. reminds me of Creed's Silver Mountain Water for some reason. not quite sure why Chanel chose to make this fragrance when there are other things that are more trendy right now, but eh. it's probably raking in major bucks, so they win.

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel

I own Bulgari Aqua, gives me a little of the same vibe, but the true vibe I get is on a fall afternoon and the weather is mixing between cold rain/flurries and all I want to do is get under a blanket and watch tv. It gives off a very comforting vibe. I would love to own a bottle to use as a house spray. I think it's a good change up of what I usually wear, which is all the Creeds.

Bleu de Chanel cheap smelling, boring and synthetic. A disappointment for Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    I did not like it at first. now I LOVE it.
    Same here. Thought it was gone in 2-3 hours and didn't care for it at all.

Now I love it and appreciate the subtle basenote that follow me for 8-10 even 12 hours after application
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Ya know I like the middle note, the first is a little strong and generic, but I like it, very clean and works well for the office.
    My friend says it reminds him of coconuts?
    I cant smell it.

I find it lasts about 3-4 hours.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

I am giving this a full wearing today after getting a sample at Sephora yesterday. I'm really enjoying it and can see me wearing it to work like I do TdH. I already had one woman say, "that smells good, seems like someone just got out of the shower." Which to me is a good thing. I didn't get anything in over a week with Aventus. So we will see how this lasts through the day.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I owned it once upon a time. A nice fragrance, unobtrusive, and just nice smelling. That bieng said, I gave mine away because it was very plain and the longevity on my skin was 2 hours max.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

received this as a gift from a dear friend, unfortunately it gave me a headache - something in the top notes (sharp). Does smell generic and familiar but once it hits the base notes, it mellows and becomes personal. Will give it more tries. Average longevity at best on me.

Someone mentioned Bvlgari Aqva, that gave me a headache too . LOL

high quality, classy, safe and generic.
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London & La Nuit de L'Homme
    Spring-Autumn : Aqua Fahrenheit & Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Summer : Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Indispensible : The Dreamer & Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Pour Homme & Bvlgari Aqva

It's nice. Definitely not "unique" but a great cologne either way.

I sense a certain similarity between Bleu and some of the other good designer and even niche fragrances with an aquatic/airy/sporty fresh vibe, released during the approximately same period of time.

This being said, I like this scent far more for its technical, crafted, elaborate qualities than its actual fragrance notes, far more enjoying, personally and subjectively speaking, other Chanel fragrances like e.g. Pour Monsieur (also the Concentree flanker), Antaeus or Egoiste (also the Platinum flanker).