Code of Conduct

Default Any fragrances that are about to be discontinued? Or reformulated?

Are their any frags that have recently been discontinued but are available at some places or perhaps are about to be discontinued?

Same goes for any reformulations?

I see so many great reviews and the in small print reviewers write VINTAGE and where the hell am I supposed to find out the vintage version!

So if you know any please share as I am sure I can benefit from a fair number which will soon be sold at huge premiums.

Default Re: Any fragrances that are about to be discontinued? Or reformulated?

Recently heard that one of Dior's in the Privee line was going to be discontinued but can't remember which one it was. It was mentioned by another Basenoter. No worry for me though as I already have the entire line in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    So if you know any please share as I am sure I can benefit from a fair number which will soon be sold at huge premiums.
    If you're being serious, please don't be one of those guys. I find that sort of thing no better than people who buy popular concert tickets, and then sell them at insanely inflated prices. It's just unfair on those people who genuinely want what's being sold.

(Although in some cases, eBay buyers can be incredibly stupid. Buying things like limited edition A*Mens at almost double the price, when they're available for the original price at Mugler's website...)

In answer to your question, however, it looks like Gucci Pour Homme II is on the way out this year. Also, the last few tin bottles of Rive Gauche pour Homme seem to be fading fast.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Recently heard that one of Dior's in the Privee line was going to be discontinued but can't remember which one it was. It was mentioned by another Basenoter. No worry for me though as I already have the entire line in my collection.
    Was it Granville? I thought that is what I had heard...

Of course rumors of Gucci Pour Homme II have been swirling around for several months, so no one seems to know for sure. Also, Chanel only sells Edition Blanche on their website now (not available in stores), so that raises speculation...

Dirty English has been discontinued, but is still somewhat available.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Also, Chanel only sells Edition Blanche on their website now (not available in stores), so that raises speculation...
    That may be US only, as I've been to at least 3 Chanel counters today, all of which had it available and with testers, although it could well be an attempt to clear the remaining stock.

Keep them coming guys. Not a big fan of any Gucci, they are apparently very quiet.

In response to Ken, I never have till date paid any premium for these goods and hopefully never will, however retail prices are high as it is.

I bought a tin can bottle of Rive Gauche and listed it instantly for sale. It smells a niche version of Brut which I never liked.

I would've liked for example Micheal by Michael Kors going by the reviews but then it seems to have been diluted/watered down.

In the US I haven't seen it at any counter lately. You guys are fortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    That may be US only, as I've been to at least 3 Chanel counters today, all of which had it available and with testers, although it could well be an attempt to clear the remaining stock.

[QUOTE=dougczar;2831878]Was it Granville? I thought that is what I had heard...

Nope apparently Eau Noire and Vetiver may be the ones axed.

Rive Gauche, GPH2, Dior homme sport original formulation.

Nope apparently Eau Noire and Vetiver may be the ones axed.
    I'm guessing Vetiver. I was hugely surprised to see it available via an online discounter recently.

To the OP, a few - nothing remarkable really - which I can point you to are Kenzo Power (I believe this is being discontinued but can't be certain) and Azzaro's Visit. I also heard Montale is discontinuing Louban but again I can't be sure.

I think Jean Paul Gaultier's Fleur du Male is disappearing off shop shelves. Bvlgari Black has also seemingly disappeared.

What's the story with Private Blends? I need TV asap

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    I'm guessing Vetiver. I was hugely surprised to see it available via an online discounter recently.

To the OP, a few - nothing remarkable really - which I can point you to are Kenzo Power (I believe this is being discontinued but can't be certain) and Azzaro's Visit. I also heard Montale is discontinuing Louban but again I can't be sure.
    Really? Hmm strange. Especially since the Privee line is never discounted?

Basenotes Member

Does anyone know if the "limited editions" (specifically Pure Malt) from Thierry Mugler are ever going to be really discontinued? If I'm not mistaken, they have said limited edition for a few years now just taking small breaks.

Also, I see someone mentioning Tom Ford TV. Has anyone actually heard it was getting discontinued?? I really hope not.