Code of Conduct

Default Help me find a scent?

Hey so im a highschool junior and im looking for my perfect scent. Im looking for something that lasts a while, but you can only get hints of it when youre close to whoevers wearing it. As for the scent im looking for something thats not too crazy but just clean, manly, and sexy smelling. Maybe what you'd think a sports player would smell like. Thanks guys if you could give some suggestions thatd be great, also what do you think of burberry touch? I wanted to try it out but ive heard it can smell like old woman haha.

Default Re: Help me find a scent?

Burberry London

Mugler Cologne or Gucci Pour Homme II.

Overcome By Fumes

Dior Eau Sauvage

thanks guys. Also what do you think of burberry touch?

Another vote for Gucci PH II. Definitely check that one out. You wont regret it!

^^^ gph ii +2
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Not a fan of burberry touch here. Rive Gauche pour homme is a fresh and clean fougere. I also second the Mugler if you want something even fresher and cleaner.

cacio

Mugler cologne is the freshest scent I've ever smelled. Like come out of the shower clean
    GPHII is the one I'd go with tho.
    Burberry London reminds me of Christmas too much and that's the only time ill wear it.
    Touch can get cloying.
    Sauvage would be my other pick. Superb vetiver and citrus.

Alright thanks ill for sure check out gucci ph 2. Any other youthful yet mature, nice, manly frags you can think of? Btw im not looking for something TOO clean that it just smells like soap, but something like a man would smell like, you know?
    Last edited by J223; 2nd February 2013 at 03:28 AM.

Agree with GPH 2, but also Halston Z-14, Calvin Klein Eternity, Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet, Aramis, Hugo Boss Soul, Creed Millesime Imperial, Chanel Allure Sport Edition Blanche, Chanel Egoste Platinum (I personally prefer the original one in the black box by far, but for what you are looking for the Platinum might fit the bill better). All skins are different so sampling is half the fun.
    Welcome to the quest.

Creed Millesime Imperial
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Azzaro Chrome (my past and ever favorite!)
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste

I remember Prada as smelling soapy, but there was a floral hint to it that you may not like.

Someone mentioned Burberry London. It's not soapy, but it is very nice. I tested it today and there is cinnamon, leather, and sweetness. It stays close to the skin. It's a great fall and winter fragrance.

If you have the bucks, I think that Green Irish Tweed fits what you are looking for. It's clean, manly, and sexy. Aventus is another good choice, less clean and more sweet but very good.

It's a bit loud but its clean and fresh. My vote goes to 212 Men. It's got some sophistication, but it's not over complicated.

I never thought Touch made anybody smell womanly, but what do I know?

I think Green Irish Tweed would fit the bill.

I'm in highschool and I have git. I'm very glad you mentioned it. The only problem is that some people might not want to spend $100-$320 on a fragrance.

I would say dior dune, but its not soapy rather woody and green though its good, Yardley's citrus and wood is fresh and manly and won't gas someone out either, Green Irish Tweed would be a classy feel that would fit your choice criteria but not the highschool junior scene that greatly though it can be good for dates. Blue de Chanel can be your go to frag as its very versatile and usable day and night in both hot and coldish weather (smell them out first but always get samples as a scent may smell different to your nose a week later than it did on the first day you got/tried it). And while you're at it also try L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme

Try that
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Y...bre-12602.html
    I think it might suit you.

(L'Homme Libre)
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

+1 L'homme Libre

Polo Blue

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Boss Bottled #6 for a h.s. student

all of the recommendations are good.
    boss bottled
    bleu de chanel - this is exactly what your described. sexy. lasts awhile. projects but not too much.
    gucci pour homme II - this is on my buy list.
    L'Homme and L'Libre - l'homme is sophistication in a bottle. libre, to me, is slightly more masculine, better projection.
    eau sauvage - its been reformulated and smells more modern. once again, on my buy list
    there are many others you could try if you wanted to. just go to a sephora, macys, etc. etc. and test out what you think you will like

Molecule 01. It fits your requests precisely and is an outstanding smell. Its not your standard scent, it has a strange behavior that makes it fun to wear. Sometimes you can smell it, sometimes you cannot, but it's always there. People will smell it when passing by or when you are first near them, but after just a short time the molecule it's made from over-fatigues the nose and makes it "seem" invisible, only to later reappear when you are not thinking about it. I can get 6-8 hours out of a wearing, and even longer if sprayed on clothing. Lots of people will bad-mouth it for being a "one-ingredient-wonder" but you cannot let that affect you opinion, try it yourself and see if it's for you.

I wear it everyday. Layer it with other scents to "enhance" them make them last longer. You can find samples for a reasonable price on ebay.

Banned
    Blog Entries

clean shower fresh is excellent though it might project too much. touch is a great light scent. also check out the body shop's white musk(money saver)

Quote Originally Posted by J223 View Post
    Alright thanks ill for sure check out gucci ph 2. Any other youthful yet mature, nice, manly frags you can think of? Btw im not looking for something TOO clean that it just smells like soap, but something like a man would smell like, you know?
    Tom Ford for Men. A modern take on "smelling like a man"