Code of Conduct

Default Spoiler Alert .... Versace Ero is at Macy's

I got doused by this from being ignorant and giving the top of my hand to the spray model. Yep she had my hand dripping wet with Versace Eros has she continued to lavishly spray herself with yep Versace Eros.

She went on to inform me how it is the most masculine sexy scent she ever smelt. All I was getting was heavy alcohol as I proceed to take a Kleenex from my coat pocket to wipe off all the Versace Eros she placed on my hand.

I was getting pushed to by a bottle ...I asked could I get a sample to try out first...yes she said...as she showed me if you purchase a 3oz bottle and deo stick in a cellophane bag you get a sample vile include.

One more time I asked do you have a sample for free to try before I purchase at that point I noticed she left me. She proceed to lavishly spray herself while taking to some young men about Versace Eros ...Yep the most masculine sexy scent she ever smelt.

Yep there you fricking have guys Versace Eros.

The image I get in my head of some lady showering herself with this stuff, while proclaiming "this is fabulous, and so am I!!"

I died laughing

Default Re: Spoiler Alert .... Versace Ero is at Macy's

I've run into some interesting salespeople myself at Macy's...not surprising.

When does something like this NOT happen at the Macy's men's fragrance counter?

God...I despise that place.

*shudders*

Not surprising.

Those women at Macy's are vicious...can't even spray yourself without getting attaked like a pack of wolves.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Have to say my Macy's is pretty cool about it. Not pushy at all. Dillard's is a little more aggressive, but their selection is a little better. But not by much unfortunately....

The moral of the story is if you ever want to be left alone while sampling frags, just ask the SA for FREE samples. Years ago, Macys would give you plenty of samples(without asking). Now, you damn near have to fill out an application to get samples.

I never had this type of experience. If someone asks if they can help, I usually say no thanks and thats it, or I tell them what I want and they give it to me.

Never met an overly pushy SA - in fragrances anyway.

Yep there you fricking have guys Versace Eros.
    Which Macy's was this? I was at the Macy's on 34th street in Manhattan and they had yet to receive it.

I work at macys and I know what you mean. I work in a different department but we have those pushy types. We also have some normal ones. They also let me try whatever I want tho. So that's not a bad perk. But besides macys being pushy, how was the actual fragrance?

Some of my fellow Basenotes brethern must remember the days of the yellow satin-clad Giorgio models in the mid-eighties pushing their wares. Those were the days!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Sounds like fun, actually. I love playing with aggressive SAs. When they attack you with sample sprays it's kind of fun to play along. Helps if the SAs are the little hotties that have a tendency to show up as SAs in better department stores.

Many years ago a super-aggressive SA in Saks literally accosted me and soaked down my bare forearm with Escada Light Silver For Men. Her haunting refrain, ". . . so light, there's no chance of overspray!" rings in my ears every time I wear it. Hell yes you can OD on it. It's particularly obnoxious when oversprayed. Still, I giggle a little every time I think of that effective sales pitch. And the fragrance is not bad, especially when applied with a properly light touch.

Also: love the OP's story. Thanks for a good laff.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I never had this type of experience. If someone asks if they can help, I usually say no thanks and thats it, or I tell them what I want and they give it to me.

Never met an overly pushy SA - in fragrances anyway.
    I'm shocked at this. You're very lucky.

The quality of the SAs is very sad. No training and no interest in their jobs, and no learning on their own either. Part of it has to do with pay rates and unstable employment. Hardly anyone cares.

Of course they wouldn't want to give out free samples. How else do you think those samples and testers end up on eBay and in downtown perfume shops? There's one in my neighborhood who sells them out of her garage. No wonder getting a job in the cosmetics and fragrance departments is so hard. They take the freebies and the extra pay from the promotional items.

That's just the way things are these days everywhere. Everyone tries to get away with what they can.

Soo ... bottom line, how was the scent itself ??

The SAs and vendor reps at the Macy's where I live are actually quite good, and several know me by name.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."