Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: what is the best between those 4!

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior Homme

21 18.75%
  • Dior Homme Intense

43 38.39%
  • L'instant

9 8.04%
  • L'instant Extreme

39 34.82%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dior Homme vs Dior Homme Intense vs L'instant vs L'instant extreme!

if you have to pick just one between dior homme , dior homme intense , l'instant de guerlain , l'instant extreme , what would it be ?

what is the best between those 4 winners ?

i like to start a poll on this one because am curious which one of those are the best for basenoters here ( which means it is really the best because we have some really experienced noses here! )

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Dior Homme vs Dior Homme Intense vs L'instant vs L'instant extreme!

1) Dior Homme Intense
    2) Dior Homme
    3) L'Instant Extreme
    4) L'Instant

Dior Homme Intense/Dior Homme brought something new to the game.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 3rd August 2011 at 02:10 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    1) Dior Homme Intense
    2) Dior Homme
    3) L'Instant Extreme
    4) L'Instant

1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) L'Instant
    4) Dior Homme

L'Instant Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) L'Instant
    4) Dior Homme
    +1......

1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) L'Instant
    4) Dior Homme
    +2

1. Dior Homme, by a mile
    2. Dior Homme Intense
    3. L'instant

Haven't tried L'Intstant Eztreme.

Dior Homme is unique.
    DH Intense is too gourmand for me.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

L'Instant Extreme though I've never seen this bottle being sold at retailers.

1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Dior Homme
    4) L'instant

Definitely agreed with the first 2, I just don't remember the L'instant EDT enough too fairly place it though although I know it wasn't better than DHI or L'IDGE

Dior Homme by a lightyear

Dior Homme. Fact.

I have not tried L'Instant Extreme and except of very late drydown that reminds me of A*Men/Pure Malts drydown I dont like L'Instant EDT because it smells too "old" to me. I may consider it in like 5 years (I am 29 now)

Best scent:
    1. Dior Homme
    2. Dior Homme Intense
    3. L'Instant EDT

Most versatile:
    1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Dior Homme
    3. L'Instant EDT

Best longevity:
    1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. L'Instant EDT
    3. Dior Homme

If I am forced to choose just 1 I'd probably pick DHI just because of longevity that is outstanding, and versatility. I dont find it more cloying in summer than Boss Bottled of my colleague and jeans and t-shirt are absolutely ok with it.

For formal events or dates which lasts just few hours and you are dressed up, I'd pick Dior Homme.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 3rd August 2011 at 07:51 AM.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Dior Homme Intense

Dior Homme

Dior Homme Intense. I find it very sophisticated, wearable, innovative, subtle. I don't like the fruity vibe of L'Instant and I find L'Instant Extreme a bit too potent.
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Dior Homme Intense again

L'Instant Extreme, no contest for me.

1) Dior Homme Intense & L'Instant Extreme
    3) L'Instant & Dior Homme

i tried l'instant extreme in this hot weather here ( 35 C ) and it's definitely cloying! i should give this a try in the colder weather...

1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) L'Instant
    4) Dior Homme
    Yep. Though 1 and 2 border on interchangeable for me and number 4 is a very distant 4th.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Dior Homme. I don't want it to be any more gourmand than it already is.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) L'Instant
    4) Dior Homme
    +3..

from the voting , i can see that there is a BIG difference between L'instant and L'instant extreme! is there so much difference in term of how they smell ? aren't they similar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi007 View Post
    from the voting , i can see that there is a BIG difference between L'instant and L'instant extreme! is there so much difference in term of how they smell ? aren't they similar ?
    To me yes, there is a fairly big difference. L'instant EDT has a more citrusy opening, whereas with L'instant Extreme, you get the deep cocoa accord from the beginning. L'instant Extreme smells a little like a root beer float to my nose, and is more linear in its development, whereas L'instant EDT is more of the anise/vanilla/tea/woods and is much more complex to me.

I prefer the EDT version of L'instant, and it surprises me a bit to see it getting killed so badly in this matchup, but these are 4 truly excellent fragrances, and you couldn't go wrong with any of them. The EDT projects much better than the EDP for me, and the longevity is roughly the same, with the EDP perhaps lasting 9 hours, vs. 7 to 8 hours for the EDT. I like the EDP, but I've wound up swapping two new bottles of it away over the past few months. I may regret that once fall/winter rolls around. Probably should have kept one of those bottles...

I agree with the overwhelming votes for Extreme which is a masterpiece in my book. Even though I love Dior Homme intense the Guerlain is just in another class by itself in every department. If I was exiled to Siberia and could only take one fragrance for the rest of my life it would be Guerlains L'Instant Extreme Pour Homme.lol

1/ Dior Homme Intense
    2/ L´Instant pour Homme Extreme EDP
    3/ Dior Homme
    4/ L´Instant pour Homme EDT

I think L'Instant PH Extreme is excellent, one of the best Guerlain's fragrances. I don't particularly like Dior Homme/Intense, too "hollow" and synthetic for me.

Banned

Just had DHI and L'instant de Guerlain Extreme delivered and they are both incredible scents. I'm just about to wipe out my local store of DHI before reformulation. If I had to choose one? I think that the latter is probably winning the wrist to wrist competition at the moment as it seems darker somehow. But I really don't want to choose between them!

i can get l'instant 100 ml , or l'instant extreme 75 ml for the same price
    is the extreme worth the price difference ? or having 25 ml more is the way to go ?

is the extreme worth the price difference ? or having 25 ml more is the way to go ?
    Hard to say. While they do have many similarities there is also differences. For some occasions I would choose the non-Extreme and for others the Extreme version.

What I can say is that im 99% sure you will find occasions to wear either.

The extreme is well worth it and a far better fragrance, I would rather take one bottle of extreme than five bottles of the regular for the same price.

OKOK, I finally ordered samples of intense and extreme(along w/ vetiver tonka & tonka imperiale) since there is so much talk about these lately(and knowing about the reformulation). I still don't understand how they can be so good but not in production.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The extreme is well worth it and a far better fragrance, I would rather take one bottle of extreme than five bottles of the regular for the same price.
    +1.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

guerlain extreme is best for me followed by dior homme intense.

- Dior Homme Intense
    - L'instant extreme
    - Dior Homme
    - L'instant

Dior Homme smells like lipstick and makeup...I hope the Intense version is diametrically different than it!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    L'Instant Extreme, no contest for me.

+1!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Dior Homme smells like lipstick and makeup...I hope the Intense version is diametrically different than it!
    the intense version is definitely better than the original...
    i smelled the sport version of dior homme and it has nothing to do with the original! i don't know how they related those 2, anyway the sport version and the original version aren't worth the money , just go with the intense version...

i know that intense and extreme aren't summer fragrances , but which one suits the heat of the summer better than the other ?

L'Instant Extreme

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

i know that intense and extreme aren't summer fragrances , but which one suits the heat of the summer better than the other ?
    Either can work in the 70s. DHI in 80s if you don't overapply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen:2251123
    Either can work in the 70s. DHI in 80s if you don't overapply.
    what about nowadayz lol

Did my favorite fragrance, The Dreamer, just fall from the top spot? I need more time than this initial impression but there seems to be a chance. I vote G.E. Guerlain, bring Extreme back now(at a reasonable price, of course).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Did my favorite fragrance, The Dreamer, just fall from the top spot? I need more time than this initial impression but there seems to be a chance. I vote G.E. Guerlain, bring Extreme back now(at a reasonable price, of course).
    What? Has Extreme been discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    I would assume so.
    Last edited by Stew; 17th August 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    L'Instant Extreme is not listed on Guerlain's official website, so with that being said it's likely to have been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    L'Instant Extreme is not listed on Guerlain's official website, so with that being said it's likely to have been discontinued.
    What do you mean it's not listed I just checked and it's there. You have to click L'instant then it shows the after shave, shower gel, the edp etc.

I see L'instant, not L'instant extreme

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrydown View Post
    What do you mean it's not listed I just checked and it's there. You have to click L'instant then it shows the after shave, shower gel, the edp etc.

L'instant extreme is not discontinued just very hard to find In the US. With that said all 4 of these are masterpieces.

1. Dior Homme intense
    2. L'instant Edt
    3. L'instant Edp
    4. Dior Homme

I'm not your average blind buyer, I haven't blind bought in over a year (I only became a BNer around a year ago!), but after smelling Dior Homme and hearing about the Intense version... I have Dior Homme Intense on the way! £58? Don't even know if it's a good deal, hhaha!

Better be better than Dior Homme...

p.s If you haven't tried it, please do!! I think it's my second favourite fragrance of all time, and I've smelled a lot (compared to many).

I'll have to take your word for it(trouble with that page on my laptop).

DHI 100 ML for 135 $ , and 50 ML for 105$ here ... am i robbed ? or it is a good price ?

DHI 100 ML for 135 $ , and 50 ML for 105$ here ... am i robbed ? or it is a good price ?
    That's a bit steep, got mine at the boutique In NYC for 72 bucks 3.4oz , ive seen it on strawberry.net for 95 bucks, is that price on eBay ?

ok so thanks to this thread i bought my instant extreme today 75 ML for 100$ , dono if am robbed lol , hope it is a good buy... i've got some free samples as a gift , some are for female lol ( see the picture) , anything good from these samples ?

ok so thanks to this thread i bought my instant extreme today 75 ML for 100$ , dono if am robbed lol , hope it is a good buy... i've got some free samples as a gift , some are for female lol ( see the picture) , anything good from these samples ?
    Where did you get it from? That's not a terrible price from what I've seen.

from a local mall here in the middle east (Lebanon), man this fragrance is impossible to wear in the summer! , i tried it today with one spray on the neck and it become so cloying... better keep this thing to the colder days....

Dhi

Dior Homme Intense to me is the greatest of all time.

1) L'Instant Extreme
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) L'Instant
    4) Dior Homme
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.