Code of Conduct

Default Anyone own a LARGE SIZE Tom Ford Private Blend ?

I was wondering if the top is a screw on or a rubber stopper ? Unfortunately I was told that it isn't a spray. I much prefer sprays but $205 for a 1.7 oz is ridiculous.

Would it be secure in checked luggage while traveling ?

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone own a LARGE SIZE Tom Ford Private Blend ?

It's not rubber, but a glass stopper that is usually very secure when new. If the box is sealed you should be ok. Make sure the box is taped shut very well. The top of the box should keep the stopper secure.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

I wish I did...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    It's not rubber, but a glass stopper that is usually very secure when new. If the box is sealed you should be ok. Make sure the box is taped shut very well. The top of the box should keep the stopper secure.
    Thank you for responding.

So there is an outer box and then an inner box ? Have you noticed the fragrance change since you have been opening the bottle so often ?

I would rather have an airtight spray for a $500 purchase. Decanting from a sprayer is a piece of cake for me and you don't have to worry about leakage.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 2nd February 2013 at 05:32 AM.

I hear ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS1169 View Post
    I wish I did...

The 250ml has a nice hand-blown (supposedly) glass stopper. I don't know if that is a bigger bottle than what you were meaning, but it is quite impressive.

Glass stopper with a rubber o-ring. Very secure.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Glass stopper with a rubber o-ring. Very secure.
    The rubber o-ring really makes it. Much better than Creed.

Ok so if it's only a stopper how do you spray the stuff?

Mimic spraying action with your finger tips after dabbing in bottle.

for swap/sale:

Buy an atomizer?

I was told an atomizer is included with the purchase. Anyone know if it's a decent one ?

Included in each set is a atomiser, a funnel and two plastic pipettes. The pipettes are rather inexpensive soft plastic but are much easier to use than the funnels particularly when the bottles are full.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus

Or take a mouthful off the bottle and do a firereater-style spit at self.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I was told an atomizer is included with the purchase. Anyone know if it's a decent one ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Included in each set is a atomiser, a funnel and two plastic pipettes. The pipettes are rather inexpensive soft plastic but are much easier to use than the funnels particularly when the bottles are full.
    Of the 7 or so sealed 250ml flacons I've bought, none had pipettes or an atomizer in it.

for swap/sale:

Interesting....I have three of the 250ml size fragrances. Each bottle was sealed (as in cellophane around it) , but were presented in a box with an atomizer and two pipettes. All three were bought at the same store in London. The box was presented very beautifully.

- - - Updated - - -

So this had me intrigued...this atomizer and pipettes, as I intend to buy Azzure Limes shortly. As these three bottles were all gifts, I have rung Selfridges this morning where my gifts were purchased, and they told me every customer who buys the large 250ml bottles is given an atomizer and sometimes several pipettes. On the rare occasions they don't have the atomizers the customers name is taken and it is sent out as soon as they arrive.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

love this!!!!!
    haha.

Man Tom Ford needs to make sure these come with a sprayer, that's poor form for such a high end standard

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    They don't do this anymore, at least in the states. Occasionally, they stock the stores with atomizers, but it's rare and they run out extraordinarily fast. While it would seem like it might be safe to ship with the juice in the flacon, I've never found it worthwhile to risk. I've found the interior packaging that holds the flacon in place can easily bend and allow the bottle to jostle around, so every time I've bought one from someone here that's not brand new, I've asked that the juice be decanted into a separate bottle to be shipped more securely.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Thanks for that information fitch256,

Interesting that the selling policy is different between countries. Selfridges and Liberty in London are always incredibly generous regarding purchases with any of the perfume *houses* (and for that matter any items). Can't remember ever asking for a *sample* but they will always send a stack.......but then what have they got to lose.....if I really like a fragrance, i or my boyfriend will probably buy it.

Frederick Malle is probably still the fragrance house in Paris MOST generous with everything.

The clever retailers/hotels/airlines don't do *hard sell*...they do customer loyalty. This is always going to work anywhere in business.

If Tom Ford is not going to look after his customers worldwide (which is a pity as personally I really like the line) , there is always another gorgeous fragrance (like anything) who will step in and take that portion of the market. In the greater picture the production of atomisers, and bits is insignificant in cost, so it makes no sense to be cheap about items that can be bought in bulk for pennies/cents. As for the the interior packaging ...argh...detail detail detail!!!!!!!! What are they thinking?

Hope you continue getting your *juice* (always a weird word in translation for me) safe and secure!

regards

sea roses

Oh, TF is quite generous with samples and what not, the rep at my store is by far the most helpful I've run into anywhere, and has been beyond generous. It's that the company does not stock the store with nearly enough atomizers to be given out with each purchase. They've received one shipment a year for the past two years, and they're gone in a matter of weeks and not restocked at all.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

For a Tom Ford 250ml bottle, how long would the fragrance last, given it was stored in a cool dark place?

After a long time would the smell start to fade? Obviously if you're buying a large bottle for that amount of money you'd want it to last years.

Basenotes Plus

It would last exactly 872 days. After that, it would start fading like Marty McFly and his siblings on his family photo in Back to the Future.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    It would last exactly 872 days. After that, it would start fading like Marty McFly and his siblings on his family photo in Back to the Future.
    So about 2.38746 years then? Thanks, that was the specificity I was after!

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    So about 2.38746 years then? Thanks, that was the specificity I was after!
    He is pulling your leg. It should if kept securely, last for many many years. Tf atomisers are 20ml and give many a couple.of hundred sprays.

I've never had a decanted fragrance last longer than a few days. This is with using glass atomizers and teflon tape to seal it. To me a fragrance needs to be put right away in an airtight bottle or else it loses something.

There is no way I would trust a splash bottle over a spray bottle.

The large TF's for $495 are good deals if you really like the fragrance but the lack of spray bottles killed the deal for me. The smaller travel size for $200 is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I've never had a decanted fragrance last longer than a few days. This is with using glass atomizers and teflon tape to seal it. To me a fragrance needs to be put right away in an airtight bottle or else it loses something.

There is no way I would trust a splash bottle over a spray bottle.

The large TF's for $495 are good deals if you really like the fragrance but the lack of spray bottles killed the deal for me. The smaller travel size for $200 is a joke.
    Surely that can't be right seeing as so many people decant? There'd be no point in a split if it only lasted a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    He is pulling your leg. It should if kept securely, last for many many years. Tf atomisers are 20ml and give many a couple.of hundred sprays.
    I was being sarcastic, so was he, but I got the idea that it would last a long time

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    Surely that can't be right seeing as so many people decant?
    I am surprised myself that people decant. Obviously it doesn't bother them.

I decant often when I travel but only what I need for a day or two.. Sometimes I have a little left over that sits in the bottles for a few months. Eventually they all turn on me. Decanting is great for a very short time IMO.