Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday, 2nd February, 2015.

Welcome back Basenotes! So sorry you have been poorly -
    I did notice things were getting harder to post and there were
    lots of double posts! Hopefully all is sorted now and "Thank -you"
    to those clever doctors.

Anyway, I shall wear Chamade after breakfast (full English, of course.)
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Saturday, 2nd February, 2015.

Hi Kewart, hello all! Have a nice weekend.

I had an exam at instrumental analysis yesterday, I think it went quite well. Results shall appear on Monday.

SotD is Mon Nom Est Rouge by Majda Bekkali

Good morning everyone At my dad's again after stayed at my bf's place what suddenly appeared to be a week :P Off to work now in Tam Dao. Hope you all have a great day!

Morning All,

Yum, Kewart. That Full English sounds delish.
    Jicky PdT today from my new bottle.
    Best to everyone.

Morning all!

Sampling Amouage Jubilation for woman. Not my cup of tea at all. Phew, now I only need 4 full bottles of Amouage. (or 5 if my husband has his way: he loves Honour whilst I love Lyric, Memoir, Epic and Interlude!)

Ellen Tracy Bronze, yay for violets! It went from a like, to a non-like back to a like. That works, lol.

Hello all. Huitieme Art Naiviris again today.
    DONNA

Good afternoon

In Etro Gomma today.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good Morning Basenoters ! I'm giddily posting today using my brand new "Phablet" device. I'm giddy because, prior to purchasing said phone/tablet, I had been using a smart phone on which the internet service was constantly much like poor Basenotes was in the last few days (yes, I'm talking about my bl..kb..ry!!). Anyway, SotD is Violetta (Penhaligon).

(((Enjoy your day)))
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Good afternoon,
    Started the day early in vintage L'Heure Bleue EdP in order to make piles and piles of Austrian Nusskipferl (buttery yeast dough with hazelnut/ walnut stuffing and, needless to say when it comes to a Larimar recipe, I dumped almost a bottle of Cognac in it.). I'm lying now near the glazed tiles oven groaning like a beached whale... diagnosis: Overeaten! A spritz of Ubar to capture the mood.
    Best to all

Basenotes Plus

Between Kewart's full English breakfast and Larimar's Nusskipferl I am drooling like a fool.

Gap Om for me today, best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Saturday, 2nd February, 2015.

Current Issue
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on the new toy, Pomander. Isn't technology wonderful? A benefit of living in the year 2015, right, Kewart? ("We kid because we love," as we say around our house.)

No scent until housekeeping gets done.

No Full American here, just a cup of tea and a drop of Mauboussin between the wrists, from a sample. I'm going to make some Jambalaya later in honor of Superbowl NOLA. It has turned coooold! But the sun is shining and that is always a blessing. Love to everybody. xo

Shahnoor by Micallef

I'm wearing Un Bois Vanille again today ... I'm off to a baby shower and luncheon for my niece and then hurry home to watch the Jayhawk basketball game!

Happy Saturday everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

Santalum by Profumum (vintage juice)

Larimar, that recipe sounds yummy - enjoy!
    tdem - I love Om...it's been so long since I've smelled it
    Warm day here, off to work for a couple hours then some sun at the pool at my gym (it's beautifully hot and sunny today!)
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 2nd February 2013 at 06:00 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Cold but sunny here today. Wore Ghost to work, relaxing now before getting ready to go out later.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thursday and Friday's SOTD threads are reopened for a while in case anyone wants to add what they were wearing during the slowdown/off-line time.

Friday's SOTD thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/323...ebruary-1-2013
    Thursday's SOTD thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/323...anuary-31-2013

Blog Entries

Diabolo Rose today...and we're off to donate a bunch of books I de-cluttered, including masses of cookbooks that I never even open.

Hello everyone!

I am absolutely speechless in new lavender love this morning: Jicky extrait from one very fine gentleman with whom, it appears, I am scent twins today .

I can only imagine what this smells like... Dreams of becoming a millionaire and occasionally haunting Ebay are abound...

La Reine Margot for me.

Beautiful!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Good afternoon,
    ... diagnosis: Overeaten! A spritz of Ubar to capture the mood.
    did i hear the echo of my Ubar suitable for overeaten conditions?? hehehe.......
    Jicky i will try that one sometime too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    Morning all!

Sampling Amouage Jubilation for woman. Not my cup of tea at all.
    oh this is one of my favourites now too, i am thinking of extrait , its gorgeous!! just how i like it and when i 1st tried it i thought: Oh God is this a perfume or some grey smoke ...and when i buy that one i am only left with the attars...

@Quarry the CDGs incense Jaibxxx....forgot the name, reminded me the most of their first perfume they issued, its drydown is the same as the opening of J....i liked it yes. just thought its a bit too light......but did not remind me of Vanilia

today Vanilia again....and sampling again some Samsara and Shalimar Ode Vanille from Madagascar.....its much nicer then modern Shalimar

Good Evening,

Larimar - those Nusskipferl sound amazing. I bet they taste amazing, too ! We need a recipe thread here on BN.
    Whitefluffy - coild you lean a little closer to the screen so I can sniff you better ? Mmmmm.
    Mike has me craving some sunshine. Vitamin D levels are surely dropping.

Iris Pallida (2007) tonight, from a sample kindly sent me from someone up above ( above in the thread, not 'up above' ).

Best to all.

Vintage Chergui (bell jar). The bell jar is only 1/3 full and the jus s turning dark green. Now folks, what s that going to tell us? I have my own theory ( and there are plenty of threads here ). I will post it at one point, but currently I am in the process of getting a genuine green vintage Chergui. So, we'll see and more back-up vintage stuff is always a good plan as far as I am concerned.
    You Jicky folks smell divine! ^^

Chanel 5 Elixir Sensuel.

Heeley's Agarwoud for a meditation class... I want to see if it's a fit. Lovely spiritual scent.

Best to all your busy days.

Blog Entries

Alien Essence Absolue for this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed Aventus.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Thursday and Friday's SOTD threads are reopened for a while in case anyone wants to add what they were wearing during the slowdown/off-line time.
    SoCal, we haven't crossed paths in recent days, but I remember likable things about you. Now that I see you're attitudinal avatar, I like you even more. Ain't it grand to be of a certain age?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Diabolo Rose today...and we're off to donate a bunch of books I de-cluttered, including masses of cookbooks that I never even open.
    Wooo, decluttering, debulking (as we say her), or depossessing (as Lilybelle puts it). Visceral pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    @Quarry the CDGs incense Jaibxxx....forgot the name, reminded me the most of their first perfume they issued, its drydown is the same as the opening of J....i liked it yes. just thought its a bit too light......but did not remind me of Vanilia

today Vanilia again....and sampling again some Samsara and Shalimar Ode Vanille from Madagascar.....its much nicer then modern Shalimar
    Isn't it one of the great enjoyments of this hobby that we can get different experiences from the same fragrances and still celebrate our differing pleasures? There's nothing equivalent to the rewards of perfume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Iris Pallida (2007) tonight, from a sample kindly sent me from someone up above ( above in the thread, not 'up above' ).
    Giggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    Heeley's Agarwoud for a meditation class... I want to see if it's a fit. Lovely spiritual scent.
    You're so deep. :-)

L'Heure Bleue pour moi aujourd'hui.
    Last edited by Quarry; 2nd February 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Tom Ford ~ Bois Marocain

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    SoCal, we haven't crossed paths in recent days, but I remember likable things about you. Now that I see you're attitudinal avatar, I like you even more. Ain't it grand to be of a certain age?
    Sexagenarianism is much more fun than I'd imagined! And I've always thought you, and your avatars, are the coolest Quarry!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good grief, SoCal. I used the wrong "your" -- these sorts of mistakes are the only thing that keep me humble. Ha!
    Hugs.

Congratulations on the new toy, Pomander. Isn't technology wonderful? A benefit of living in the year 2015, right, Kewart? ("We kid because we love," as we say around our house.)

No scent until housekeeping gets done.
    Thanks QJ! Technology can be so much fun.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed Aventus.

Banned

Isn't it one of the great enjoyments of this hobby that we can get different experiences from the same fragrances and still celebrate our differing pleasures? There's nothing equivalent to the rewards of perfume.
    its so late over here oh yes Quarry...you are so right!!and not only that... i get the different experience from the same fragrance myself , from day to day.....is it becasue of often rotation...,or becasue of hormones? hehe i dont know!......
    but its definitiely most interesting thing!....when one scent becomes so predictable it gets bit boring

Shalimar EDC vintage, for the dinner invitation tonight