Code of Conduct

Default A New Men's Guerlain Coming in 2013

I was speaking to a Guerlain account manager today and she told me that a new Guerlain men's fragrance is coming out in 2013, probably around August. She didn't have details of notes or name, apart from the adverising where the man for this scent is going to be a partner for the woman on the advert for La Petite Robe Noire.

When I get more details, I will post them.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: A New Men's Guerlain Coming in 2013

I hope it is better than La Petite Robe Noire !

Le Costume Noir?

It's about time they brought out something reasonably-priced that isn't another flanker!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    Le Costume Noir?
    Non, Le Grand Caleçon Noir. Haha.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

L'Heure de Jour... a fresh L'Heure Bleue?

I talked to the Champs-Élysées boutique today, and she told me that unfortunately, Guerlain has decided to postpone the release of the men's scent until 2014 because of the many other news this year.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    I talked to the Champs-Élysées boutique today, and she told me that unfortunately, Guerlain has decided to postpone the release of the men's scent until 2014 because of the many other news this year.
    Thanks for the update Mr G. Pity, I was looking forward to it. Wish they would keep their staff informed.

Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution

Joy and disappointment all in one thread!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

2014 will be here sooner than one thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    ...because of the many other news this year.
    May I ask what this news is? What launches are Guerlain planning for this year?

Well, I'm asking the same question. The Guerlain staff keeps talking about "all the news", but the first semester is fairly quiet: L'Heure de Nuit, Eau de Lingerie, LPRN EdT, Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca and Muguet. But it seems that they really want to highlight the new Champs-Élysées-only perfume for the reopening of the renovated house in August. A paradox: things postponed in favour of a non-international release.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    May I ask what this news is? What launches are Guerlain planning for this year?

Looks like my silly name for the scent was wasted lol

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Non, Le Grand Caleçon Noir. Haha.
    LOL, Prince Barry! "En Tenue d'Adam" or "Costume de Paradis" would also work.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I would be very interested if Wasser were to turn his attention to serious piece of work for men - Songe d'un Bois hints in that direction and it was welcome change after the whole L'Homme series, which I think I'm about 30 years too old to appreciate.

It's nice to have Derby, Chamade Pour Homme, L'Ame d'un Heros still on tap, and of course the regulars - Habit Rouge, L'Instant PH, Heritage - but a new kickass masculine of real quality would be a blast - God knows there are few enough of them out there these days . . .

Mind you - if it is going to be a 'partner' to LPRN then I guess it'll be aimed at the tween demographic so I won't be holding my breath.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 3rd February 2013 at 08:30 AM.