Code of Conduct

Thread: Ramon Monegal

Blog Entries

Default Ramon Monegal

Just got a couple of Ramon Monegal samples today...Umbra is very green and sharp with vetiver and pine and geranium predominating. Trouble is I don't really like the dry-down. Agar Musk opens with oud and nutmeg as the main notes...there is some musk too. The dry-down is spicy the vetiver shows itself. Lastly Dry Wood...It opens very astringent, citron cedar, some kind of pine. very sharp. Longevity of them is fair.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Default Re: Ramon Monegal

The fragrances I tried from the line that I liked the best were Mon Patchouli and Curielle, very well crafted fragrances imo.

Have to check them out. SAMPLE ALERT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Have to check them out. SAMPLE ALERT!
    If you like spice, incense, oud, you will like them. I have tried 5 or 6. I emailed the company this past summer hoping for samples, other BN'ers have gotten them...Nothing. I don't think they will send samples to the USA. Luckyscent has them now I believe.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Have received samples of these with other purchases made from Luckyscent. Personally didn't care for any.

Thanks for the infor bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    If you like spice, incense, oud, you will like them. I have tried 5 or 6. I emailed the company this past summer hoping for samples, other BN'ers have gotten them...Nothing. I don't think they will send samples to the USA. Luckyscent has them now I believe.

I'd avoid Voramar, a potent marine (unless of course one likes marine, in which case it will be a winner). I still have to try Mon cuir, which on paper sounds good - and I like Cuirelle too.

cacio

Just been to one of their boutiques in Barcelona and enjoyed Black Suit most - a toned down, more elegant and more refined version of TF Purple Patchouli.

Tried these in San Diego last week with another Basenoter. I thought Agar Musk, Lovely Day, and Mon Patchouly were all pretty good, but I didn't get to try any on the skin. My friend tried out Agar Musk on his hand though, and the projection on that one was top notch for quite a while.

Agar musk is 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Tried these in San Diego last week with another Basenoter. I thought Agar Musk, Lovely Day, and Mon Patchouly were all pretty good, but I didn't get to try any on the skin. My friend tried out Agar Musk on his hand though, and the projection on that one was top notch for quite a while.
    I agree :P

Yeah the Agar Musk was pretty strong and had similarities to Montale Musk Aoud.
    Dry Wood was not bad either, but I think Mon Patchouly really stood out to me - I ought to have tried it on my skin.

Basenotes Plus

It's a mixed bag with a few disappointments like Impossible Iris and Dry Woods, a few I'm ambivalent about (Mon Patchouly, Mon Cuir) and standouts (Cuirelle, Agar Musk). Nice bottles though.

I really enjoy agar musk

I have tried several from the line. I just purchased Entre Naranjos, a wonderful, bright orange - should be great Spring. Really enjoying agar musk as well, and thought Umbra was worthy for a second sampling.

Agar Musk is my favorite . I just got a bottle from NM . I tried Mon Cuir and Ambra DLuna and they were good . The leather in Mon cuir is very soft, and the castorium is soft in the amber d luna .Longevity is good on the Agar Musk with average sillage .
    Last edited by Kal1973; 20th March 2013 at 03:54 AM.

Agar musk is awesome and last forever on my skin . My next to buy
    Umbra I really like as well .
    Really excited about this line

I'm in agreement with most that Agar Musk is the best from this line, and the only one I own. I was a bit disappointed with Entre Naranjos. Not that it's a bad scent but it's very similar to many I've tried .. and if I was going to buy this "type" of orange/citrus, I think AdP's Essenza does it better and has better longevity.

Not a fan of them because they are missing something in all of them that affect me emotionally. They're almost "clinical", with good execution and ingredients but lack soul.

Well, the presentation of the perfume is fantastic. I know that should not matter, but the bottle with hinged bakelite lid and matching bakelite bottle holder is fantastic. They should win awards for the packaging!

I've tried a half a dozen from this line and all of them are very high quality. That by itself is unusual - the consistency of quality and simple originality of blending very traditional ingredients in unusual but very workable combinations.

My personal favorites so far are: Umbra, Cuirelle, Agar Musk, and Entre Naranjos.

Entre Naranjos is a very juicy, orange fragrance. I would get a bottle, but I already have Azemour les Orangers. And that would be too much orange for me. If you are looking for a bold orange spring and summertime scent, this might be the one.
    Cuirelle - a very nice leather scent. Shares a vetiver base with Umbra and Agar Musk.
    Agar Musk - dry, cool, presentation of agarwood that is civilized almost an Oud Light. A definite maybe for me.
    Umbra is a very fine vetiver scent that is cold, earthy but holds lots of resonance in its blending. This fragrance does not "lack soul". I had to get this and have no regrets.