Code of Conduct

Default Natural perfume brands

I started going the more natural/whole food route lately and started being drawn to fragrances that are in the same vein...today I picked up Indigo Wild's Get Zum perfume roll on (it's patchouli and ylang-ylang) and I LOVE IT! (And it lasted all day yesterday when I tested it at the store. Even on my wrist, and even though I work in oil and solvents all day!) Are there any other (preferably inexpensive) brands that I could try? I like things that are long lasting.

Default Re: Natural perfume brands

Aveda is supposed to be organic/natural. Their Yatra is a rich spicy, Pureformance an invigorating aromatic masculine. They also have a line of body sprays called Chakras, which, in the category, are quite long lasting. From Italy, there's la via del profumo (Hindukush, Grezzo, Tabac, Mecca Balsam)

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Aveda is supposed to be organic/natural. Their Yatra is a rich spicy, Pureformance an invigorating aromatic masculine. They also have a line of body sprays called Chakras, which, in the category, are quite long lasting. From Italy, there's la via del profumo (Hindukush, Grezzo, Tabac, Mecca Balsam)

cacio
    I think I did smell them, and honestly, didn't like them one bit! The sales lady told me "not everyone likes them because they're natural" (um no, I don't like them because I think they STINK TYVM lol!) Maybe I should give them another try though, if I'm near an Aveda store and remember to.

Testa Maura, 100% natural and organic.

Honore Des Pres - also natural according to their website.

Mandy Aftel is well respected in the fragrance community and sells natural perfumes, but her stuff is niche and quite pricey. But you may be able to find someone who is swapping something by her, or you should be able to get your hands on some samples if you wanted to.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    I think I did smell them, and honestly, didn't like them one bit! The sales lady told me "not everyone likes them because they're natural" (um no, I don't like them because I think they STINK TYVM lol!) Maybe I should give them another try though, if I'm near an Aveda store and remember to.
    I was given a couple of Chakras several years ago. I had tried using them mainly as room sprays. Really don't care for them.

As mentioned, there are several indie's doing all natural. Some pretty good fragrances, but also pretty costly.

The Aveda have a sort of spicy vibe, because they tend to be based on spicy-herbal material to get longevity. Especially Yatra, which does have a spicy cabinet vibe. Re the Chakra, there were some perfumes called this way many years ago, but the ones available now are completely different (of course, you've probably tried the current ones and not liked them). But again, floral they are not, so if that's what you're looking for, Aveda is not it.

There are very few other currently available natural materials that last a long time. Patch is one of the very few, so going into patch based ones, as you are doing, seems like a good idea.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention expensive Aesop. They have two, Marrakesh, which is, surprise, spicy, and Mystra, my favorite, which is instead deep ambery resinous. But, again, these are not floral.

cacio

Blog Entries

Ayala Moriel's fragrances are beautiful, though certainly not cheap. She does offer a wide range of sample sets, however.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I am relatively sure that slumberhouse scents are natural. I know they use natural absolutes from the trees around where they are based in washington. Another brand that epitomizes natural is called Juniper Hills Backpackers Cologne.

I have 7 of the Slumberhouse scents and find them to be very strong and long-lasting. Aftelier is short-lived and pricey though beautifully packaged. I recently bought Champa Infused Almond Oil from Floracopeia at a local health food store. The fragrance is beautiful, light, and the oil feels good after bathing. I'm interested in a tuberose scent in a rollerball bottle, but haven't purchased it yet. Floracopeia is expensive. I have read positive reviews about Sonoma Scent Studio.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Providence Perfume Co. I sampled Moss Gown and really like it. It is a modern Chypre and is very clear with no mustiness.
    Last edited by Curly11; 3rd February 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walkdogg View Post
    I am relatively sure that slumberhouse scents are natural. I know they use natural absolutes from the trees around where they are based in washington. Another brand that epitomizes natural is called Juniper Hills Backpackers Cologne.
    I have a sample of the Juniper Hills, I love it, but it seemed to give me a headache. I'll have to give it another try though.