Code of Conduct

Default colognes for classroom use

I currently have:
    YSL L'homme
    AdG
    MB legend
    Cool Water

are they all classroom-friendly?..

what about givenchy play intense? i'm kinda looking to get this but not entirely sure in what settings this cologne is appropriate..

Looking to expand my options, would definitely welcome recommendations...

Oh and i'm only 23.
    Been reading up online, could never fully understand the distinction between "mature" smelling colognes and young ones...
    Last edited by psycho91; 4th August 2014 at 02:06 PM.

Default Re: colognes for classroom use

Any of those works fine and as a matter fact any that you encounter after those would do fine(ones you dig), it all depends how strong is the juice or how light and then is up to you to hit yourself with adequate amount of sprays : obviously if it's a beast a spray or half of spray if it's light like L'Humaniste or Millesime imperial then 5+ sprays wouldn't offend no one , it's all empirical and you have to gauge what amount suits your needs as fragrances are extremely subjective to wearers chemical composition(Skin chemistry) ...much success
    Last edited by magnus611; 4th August 2014 at 02:17 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
    I currently have:
    YSL L'homme
    AdG
    MB legend
    Cool Water

are they all classroom-friendly?..

what about givenchy play intense? i'm kinda looking to get this but not entirely sure in what settings this cologne is appropriate..

Looking to expand my options, would definitely welcome recommendations...

Oh and i'm only 23.
    Been reading up online, could never fully understand the distinction between "mature" smelling colognes and young ones...
    They're all safe. as long as sprayed within reason.

When you say you're looking to expand your options, what are you looking for (ie. purpose - every day scent / date / formal / winter / spring / etc.)? And what kind of price range?

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Any of those works fine and as a matter fact any that you encounter after those would do fine(ones you dig), it all depends how strong is the juice or how light and then is up to you to hit yourself with adequate amount of sprays : obviously if it's a beast a spray or half of spray if it's light like L'Humaniste or Millesime imperial then 5+ sprays wouldn't offend no one , it's all empirical and you have to gauge what amount suits your needs as fragrances are extremely subjective to wearers chemical composition(Skin chemistry) ...much success
    Yeah that's some sound advice, i guess i really have to experiment and see if I do get negative feedback from the people around me...
    And uhm I just want to clarify, I live in a country where it is really warm and humid (Singapore), does this mean I can do more sprays since longevity is generally low for colognes across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    They're all safe. as long as sprayed within reason.

When you say you're looking to expand your options, what are you looking for (ie. purpose - every day scent / date / formal / winter / spring / etc.)? And what kind of price range?
    Looking for more options for daily wear, well maybe a cologne for dates.

Uhm I have no particular price range though i'm not keen to splurge on overpriced stuff like Creed.
    Not really into niche, though I find myself to like vanilla notes but SDV and TV seem to cost a lot as well.
    I know I am pretty vague so I would describe myself as willing to spend on anything but the top of the range.

Basenotes Plus

If it's warmer, you want to probably use a bit less, as it tends to amplify the scent.

Ok, so daily wear designer stuff. Got it. SDV and TV are pretty much winter scents, not really for warmer climates imo.

Check out...

Dior Homme Sport

Allure Homme Sport - has a very tonka/vanilla dry down. Love this one.

Hanae Mori HM

Hermes d'Orange verte concentree (or the others in this line, worth a try)

Bleu De Chanel is worth trying to see if you like it.

A bit pricier would be...

Frapin - L'Humaniste (very light citrus scent, great for hot weather)

Creed - Virgin Island Water (Usually in the $140-150 range). Has a very tropical feel to it, great for hot weather being out and about, probably not ideal for school.

Creed - Green Irish Tweed - Perfect fresh, every day scent for warmer climates. This is priced anywhere from $120 to $150 online. If you want to spend a little more money on an amazing scent, this would be a great one. You can wear this to literally anything, and can wear it in any temperature. If you enjoy the scents you currently have, I'd imagine you'd LOVE this one.

Creed stuff can usually be found online for much cheaper than what it's sold in stores for. It's also easier to wear, and overall safer than a lot of the other niche stuff.
    Last edited by sdotlow; 4th August 2014 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    If it's warmer, you want to probably use a bit less, as it tends to amplify the scent.

Ok, so daily wear designer stuff. Got it. SDV and TV are pretty much winter scents, not really for warmer climates imo.

Check out...

Dior Homme Sport

Allure Homme Sport - has a very tonka/vanilla dry down. Love this one.

Hanae Mori HM

Hermes d'Orange verte concentree (or the others in this line, worth a try)

Bleu De Chanel is worth trying to see if you like it.

A bit pricier would be...

Frapin - L'Humaniste (very light citrus scent, great for hot weather)

Creed - Virgin Island Water (Usually in the $140-150 range). Has a very tropical feel to it, great for hot weather being out and about, probably not ideal for school.

Creed - Green Irish Tweed - Perfect fresh, every day scent for warmer climates. This is priced anywhere from $120 to $150 online. If you want to spend a little more money on an amazing scent, this would be a great one. You can wear this to literally anything, and can wear it in any temperature. If you enjoy the scents you currently have, I'd imagine you'd LOVE this one.

Creed stuff can usually be found online for much cheaper than what it's sold in stores for. It's also easier to wear, and overall safer than a lot of the other niche stuff.
    Thank you so much for your list, would definitely check them out for my next cologne trip!

Decent one's. Check out Gucci Pour Homme II also.

Looking for more options for daily wear, well maybe a cologne for dates. AXE any Cologne available??

Encre Noir by Lalique!

Yes imo. Try Armani Code Ultimate, Acqua di Gio Essenza, Bulgari Soir.

I don't wear any heavy/winter scents even if it's cold outside because I find that classrooms are always hot and stuffy so these type of colognes get cloying. I would add Versace PH to the list of good recommendations already listed.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Personally think all those in your list should work fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally think all those in your list should work fine.
    Ditto.

Many of the suggestions listed would work fine as well, but I'm surprised that Mugler Cologne hasn't been mentioned. Perfect for the classroom.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

They are all great and will work fine in a classroom. But please spray with caution because no one wants to be smelling you from 20 feet away during an hour lecture.

On the much cheaper end of the scale, have you ever thought about Jermyn Street by Taylor of old Bond street ?

Discreet enough not to bother the folks who don't want to smell it, while letting the others catch a very unique scent indeed.

Seconding especially GPH II- smooth, sophisticated, yet downright workplace/office/classroom etc. friendly, fresh and clean, without ever becoming generic because of unexpected yet perfectly rounded, balanced subtleties.

And since Taylor's of Old Bond Street was also mentioned, would add, to the many great aforementioned suggestions, Eton Collge Collection- a very discreetly projecting, partly barbershop style, partly almost scholarly fragrance, very conservatively beautiful in an unassuming yet distinctive way.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 10th August 2014 at 12:23 PM.