Code of Conduct

Default What color is Encre Noire liquid?

Hey guys, I just received a large bottle of Encre Noire yesterday after buying a sample vial of it. The vial I originally purchased has a grayish liquid in it. No bright colors, just slightly grayish. Now today, I decide im going to fill the empty sample vial up with cologne from my larger bottle to make a travel size, and the liquid coming out of the full size bottle is a light purple / lavender color. Very distinctly purple.

Both of these were bought from the same source (fragrancenet.com) I am aware they are a reputable dealer, which makes me wonder, is one of these fake? And if so, which one. The purple or the gray? Also, do fragrance liquids change color? Is this common? The sample is a clear glass vial, and the full size bottle is obviously black. Could this be the reason?

Have any of you guys decanted this stuff? What color was it?

Thanks for any light you can shine on the subject.

Default Re: What color is Encre Noire liquid?

Is the smell the same? If it is, I wouldn't worry about the color of the liquid.

I remember my original sample being a light purple/lavender color. If it smells the same it shouldn't matter. It could be a regulation etc requiring or prohibiting a particular color chemical.

Yes they both smell pretty similar. Guess I'm just paranoid. Thought it was strange that the 'same stuff' would be different colors.

Thanks for the information guys!

Mine's clear.

Mine is pretty dark.

I just decanted about 15ml of my bottle and it is definitely a gray tinted hue to it. Not purple though.

But it makes sense that it would be this color...can you imagine if this deliciously dark and earthy scent came from the masculine black bottle looking pink like joop!?? haha

So this is not alarming to anyone else? Four different people with varied colors of the same stuff? From clear to light gray to grape purple to 'pretty dark'.

I've also noticed many of their advertisements and customer photos ive seen show the bottle as semi transparent when a light is aimed at the bottle. My bottle is completely opaque.