Code of Conduct

Default Frapin 1270 just might out do DHI

I might have just fell in absolute love with Frapin 1270. I am trying not to go over board, but I just got a decant today and it's only been 45 minutes, but all I can do is keep my nose to my hand! I know I have to give this more time before I declare this my ultimate frag, but performance aside just off of smell alone I think it just might do it. I know this is all subjective and my nose will be different than the next person's but WOW. Just can't say enough.

Am I crazy?
    "Oh busy busy bee. Walking to and fro. What if we close our eyes? What if we can't wake up?" - The Chariot

Default Re: Frapin 1270 just might out do DHI

Both very nice scents but each special in their own way. Wouldn't want to be without either.

Interestingly enough, I've sampled just about every major designer or niche player on this forum, except for this one. Supposed to be D&G The One killer.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Both very nice scents but each special in their own way. Wouldn't want to be without either.
    Yeah for sure DHI will always be in the rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Interestingly enough, I've sampled just about every major designer or niche player on this forum, except for this one. Supposed to be D&G The One killer.
    I have heard that too, but I don't really get that 1270 is sweeter, and TO ME its less tropical.
    "Oh busy busy bee. Walking to and fro. What if we close our eyes? What if we can't wake up?" - The Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Dcampbell View Post
    Am I crazy?
    Nope. 1270 is a far superior fragrance (smell wise) IMO. I'd take 1270 over DHI any day, no contest.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

1270 is a great smelling fragrance. However, it has very poor longevity and because of that, simply not worth the price. I get way more longevity from DHI. Better investment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    1270 is a great smelling fragrance. However, it has very poor longevity and because of that, simply not worth the price. I get way more longevity from DHI. Better investment for me.
    +1. 1270 starts out very nice, but dries down a bit more ordinary, then fades away too quickly on me.

1270 would be favorite if not for the terrible longevity, barely lasting longer than The One for me.

Great scent that has terrible longevity. This would be a scent I would carry around a small atomizer of if I was going out for more than 3 hrs or so.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Yeah so after spending a few hours with it I can see the point with longevity. This would have to be a night out with the wife frag. Speaking of which she likes it not more than DHI but she said it is a new favorite. So final judgement purely off of smell 1270 to me can't be beat, but it looks like good ole DHI is still number 1 in my heart.

Absolutely love Frapin 1270 and I wear it when going out on dates, but the terrible longevity absolutely requires a little atomizer to keep along if you want it to last. My skin tends to make scents last pretty long, but still only about 3 hours on this one. I'm just surprised that Frapin hasn't tried to make a longer lasting version since it seems to be pretty universal that it would be a top scent if it did.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Dhi > 1270

I'm hesitant on buying any Frapin fragrances after 1270 and L'Humaniste. Both were really well done but neither of them lasted more than a couple of hours and the projection was extremely low. At this price point you would expect something that would last.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    +1. 1270 starts out very nice, but dries down a bit more ordinary, then fades away too quickly on me.
    Agree with this completely.

A few points:

We all are entitled to opinions and there is no right or wrong answer.
    45 min into a decant is way too early to determine one fragrance as being better vs another! I think it is going overboard 45 min into a first try (though enthusiasm for scents is good).
    1270 has poor longevity vs. DHI.
    Last edited by cameron; 3rd February 2013 at 03:07 PM.

DHI is far superior IMO.

I don't get the hype with 1270.
    Yes, it smells good but somehow, it doesn't do anything for me.
    It evokes no emotion. It leaves me cold.

As stated, DHI has better longevity, but I agree that 1270 smells better.

I have 1270 and I really like it, but it doesn't come close to Dior homme. I haven't tried dhi, but I would assume the same about it.

1270 fades fast on me. Never smelled any of the DHI formulations. Been trying to get my hands on some.

1270 has horrific performance on my skin, often less than an hour of longevity. DHI of course wins in this department.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Agree with this completely.

45 min into a decant is way too early to determine one fragrance as being better vs another! I think it is going overboard 45 min into a first try
    Yeeeeeaaaahhh I MAY have jumped the gun a little. I still stand by my assessment of how friggin good this stuff smells I just can't get enough of it! Day two with this stuff and looks like I top out at right around 5 hours. Yes this sucks but its just long enough for me that ill be buying a bottle after my decant is gone. DHI however is king and I'll never be quick in judgement against it again. Thanks for all the opinions guys I like hearing from everyone.