Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sampling Montale's Dark Aoud. and it occurred to me that I've smelled this before.. OFF candles..

Does anyone else gets a hint of this at all..?
    I know i have a beginners nose, but that's all I get from this.. Could it be the mossy-ness vibe?

Default Re: Sampling Montale's Dark Aoud. and it occurred to me that I've smelled this before.. OFF candles.

Not in the slightest - at least not for me.

Default Re: Sampling Montale's Dark Aoud. and it occurred to me that I've smelled this before.. OFF candles.

Sorry, but I did not think so, but Montale Aoud Purple Rose did smell like bug spray to me.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 3rd February 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know dark oud in particular, but Montale ouds do have a common sharp cedary vibe. Not citronella, but still, I think they'd work well as moth repellants. I like them, of course, unlike other perfumes that will certainly repel moths but will repel humans as well.

cacio

You've got me wondering, so I'm dabbing on a bit as we speak...bug spray, nope...cedar, yes - woods, yes...but no bug spray smell. Sorry.

Didn't get it. Like others have said it's probably the cedar