42 68.85%
  • SMW

15 24.59%
  • Other/Unsure/Neither

4 6.56%
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Millesime Imperial vs Silver Mountain Water

Both are excellent fragrances from the Creed house in my opinion. Both unisex, but could be worn very well on a man. They are pricy, but it is quality.

The flaws on both of them would be the projection and longevity. They are both close to the skin and after a few hours they are very faint.

But in their small life cycle, both develop differently.

Millesime Imperial seems to take an interesting turn, moving away from the salty-melon-oceanic-lemon opening to a floral-musky-ambergris drydown. While after an hour, I do have a hard time saying goodbye to such a great opening, I love the drydown too.

Silver Mountain Water develops differently, and better in my opinion (even though MI is probably better at opening). The mid and basenotes (especially the tea) come out while it still retains its freshness

Your thoughts?

Default Re: Millesime Imperial vs Silver Mountain Water

Own both and love both. Wouldn't be without either.

The bottle of MI I have from a 2009 batch has that intoxicating melon note which is really lush and I get seven to eight hours in longevity so this one gets my vote. I did have a 10ml decant of SMW which I eventually gave away, loved the scent for the first few hours then it began to get on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The bottle of MI I have from a 2009 batch has that intoxicating melon note which is really lush and I get seven to eight hours in longevity so this one gets my vote.
    Not sure when mine is from, but I got a bottle of MI from fragnet (in Dec 2012) that is amazing just like you described! It has such an amazing melon note (better than the one I had a sample of before purchasing) with longevity that won't quit (for a Creed). I just recently got 7 hours and I would have easily gotten two or three more had I not showered and changed scents.

Anyway, MI would get my vote. It's just pure amazement in my eyes/nose. I like SMW for sure, but for me at least, I think it smells better on my mom (and probably other women) than it does on me. Still, I may add it to my collection and share it with her .

Don't care too much for either one but if I have to choose it would be MI. I find SMW too feminine and boring. MI instead is OK but Aventus ftw when it comes to Creed

Blog Entries

Both smell nice, but I prefer SMW because it is more unique, it lasts longer, and projects better than MI. Maybe I'm a bit biased because SWM is my current favorite from Creed.

MI for me
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Both are excellent fragrances from the Creed house in my opinion. Both unisex, but could be worn very well on a man. They are pricy, but it is quality.

The flaws on both of them would be the projection and longevity. They are both close to the skin and after a few hours they are very faint.

But in their small life cycle, both develop differently.

Millesime Imperial seems to take an interesting turn, moving away from the salty-melon-oceanic-lemon opening to a floral-musky-ambergris drydown. While after an hour, I do have a hard time saying goodbye to such a great opening, I love the drydown too.

Silver Mountain Water develops differently, and better in my opinion (even though MI is probably better at opening). The mid and basenotes (especially the tea) come out while it still retains its freshness

Your thoughts?

Silver Mountain Water for me. The MI dries down on my skin as a dirty musk. SMW dries down on my skin clean, fresh and the longievity is 6-8 hours. The shirt I had on yesterday permeated the bedroom and smells wonderful. 5 sprays does the trick, 1 behind each ear, 1 center chest, and almost a whole spray on each wrist and I'm good to go. What's even better is it works for me year round and has a coolness in the Winter. Warm weather it's a citrus and is bright. Awesome!

C

Sound Scents

I like and own MI but don't love it and would not replace my bottle if I ever use it all (not gonna happen). SMW is not my kind of scent at all, so I guess it is MI for me.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Neither. Two of the worst fragrances Creed has IMO.

If forced to pick one, I would say SMW. Having worn it about 4 times, I still can't get on board with it though.

With MI - I must really not be able to pick up what others do. All I get is a harsh bleach/saltwater smell, with a touch of lemon. I thought my samples were bad, so I ordered more. Same thing. Then received a sample of MI directly from CreedBoutique when I bought Aventus. Still same thing. I actually enjoy Exceptional - Because You Are far more than MI, so there must be something in it that I am just not picking up.

Basenotes Plus

I have MI, and really enjoy it.

SMW just as GIT, although a rather nice fragrances, really doesn't have a place for me in my collection. Too many others I would rather have as part of my collection.

SMW has a very unique metallic note that I love. Though it's much criticised for it, it lasts more then 8 hours on my skin and I smell it all day.

I wore the heck out of these when I owned bottles of them. Really don't miss owning either one now, but MI is the better fragrance IMHO.

MI gets my vote. However, I dont understand the love for MI. Not sure if women go gaga with it.
    SMW is quite unique scent, I dont like the scent at all.

MI for me. Not a fan of SMW.

Both are very present scents. Smw seems to cause very significant olfactory fatigue in lots if people - it's linear and strong with a honking loud high- mid range punch.
    MI seems to baffle because it changes so much - the top notes drop and leave the salty-musky-sandalwoody-ambroxan base with a little of the marine note. This phase is strong with heavy sillage but I think that because the top notes are gone people think the scent has gone.
    Personally I think MI is a much better scent. SMW has a harshness which sits on me rather than blending with me...

Now that is a question to ponder: SMW or MI, MI or SMW.
    MI has a wonderful opening, so fresh.
    SMW has a unique opening, love it or hate it, but its dry down I really like.

This question extends to what I like better: Adventus, VIW, MI, or SMW.
    The reality is I am thankful to own them all and there is no way I would want just one.

Depending on budget, I would go smaller bottles (75ml) of each SMW and MI. That way you don't have to decide what is better, just enjoy both of them.

When its all said and done I voted for SMW as I wear it year round (current signature scent).

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

While I do like the opening of MI, after a while the drydown begins to smell like a drunk that's been drinking too many fruity drinks.

SMW, my bottle has only gotten better. It opens with a strong metallic, dark inky black currant note, drying down to the lovely green tea note. SMW is just as good, maybe even better in cold weather, as it is in the summer. Longevity is astounding and as far as projection, people at work tell me they know when I've been around from smelling it when I'm elsewhere. So you know what I'm voting for.

At one point I had the entire Creed line (except the women's). I gave so many away.

Aventus is my #1, then GIT, MI, SMW, and Royal Water.

Those are absolute tops for me.

Then the rest, I can live without.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

+1. Couldn't choose between the two.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Really like both, but if I had to choose, it would be SMW.

Own both, but MI seems alittle bit more appealing to me.
    Just a pitty that they loss longevity and more important enough sillage and projection...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The bottle of MI I have from a 2009 batch has that intoxicating melon note which is really lush and I get seven to eight hours in longevity so this one gets my vote. I did have a 10ml decant of SMW which I eventually gave away, loved the scent for the first few hours then it began to get on my nerves.
    I know exactly what you mean when you say SMW started to get on your nerves. It can become biting and grating.

I feel the same way, however, I like the cologne enough to still want it. I've found just spraying less helps a lot. SMW is NOT one I have longevity issues with. In fact, it's exactly the opposite, especially if I get it on my shirt. I can literally smell it for days on my clothing.

And BTW, if longevity of MI is an issue for anyone, spraying it on clothing helps quite a bit. MI is just a beautiful scent to me. I can't ever imagine not liking it or getting tired of it.

Dcampbell

SMW just off of scent alone

SMW, I love it. The smell matches the name perfectly.

SMW is very average IMO. I perfer MI hands down.

SMW
    IMO for better longevity

My bottle of MI is also from Fragrancenet, purchased March/April 2012 and is a 2011 batch. Luscious and the definitive summer scent. Simply can't get enough of it!

MI is amazing. For some reason I just really dislike SMW.

SMW is a bit cloying IMHO. I kept it for a bit because I was getting so many complements, but after a while the creamy fresh watery-ness of all started to make me nauseous.

MI for mee foo

Occasionally I'll wear SMW but sometimes I find it annoying. Whereas MI is always a treat to wear. I actually had to stick my bottle of MI way back in my dresser to keep myself from using it up so fast. Meanwhile, my 10ml decant of SMW's been hanging around for over a year.

MI is king in my collection.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt