Code of Conduct

Smile Good sweet colognes?

Gonna try to be as concise as possible. I need help.

I like sweet scents that aren't going to send me to the dentist.

Examples that are too sweet: 1 Million, A*Men, Pi, etc.

Examples that are just right: D&G The One, Allure Homme, La Nuit (I can definitely go sweeter than this though), and especially Play Intense.

Play Intense was great, which means I'm willing to dip into some light gourmands. At first I didn't like it because it almost seemed medicinal; however, I came to love it. It is so sweet with limits. I also like that it seems similar to coffee, but not so close that I feel like a walking Starbucks, and at $43 for 1.7 oz I can't complain. So if you know anything similar to it then please tell me. Oh, and I've never tried Rochas Man...don't kill me.

Colognes that I'm looking into include Pure Coffee (because I hear it isn't as sweet as A*Men and I expect the name isn't literal), Armani Attitude (or Extreme, depending on which is the sweeter), or Dior Homme Intense.

And before anyone shouts DHI, I think it is important to note the fact that I dislike Dior Homme very much. It smelled like a deodorant stick combined with a layer of foundation or lipstick. I didn't get sweet from it at all but, considering DHI is supposedly more sweet, I want to try it out. Blinding is so risky though...

I like sweet with some spicy. Once again though, NOT TOO SWEET.

Any help will come appreciated (as long as it isn't pretentious or condescending). Suggestions welcomed. I don't mind if it is niche or designer, just nowhere above the price of DHI since that is the most expensive I mentioned. I also don't mind whether a mentioned fragrance is feminine or not, I'll even wear women's frags if they hit the spot. Oh, and if a fragrance has a little coffee then I'll give it top priority. I don't care if it seems immature or young, but I am weary of anything that smells "musky" because that is basically synonymous with musty which is gross. Also if describing a smell, do not label it with a euphemism. Example: "it's not old, just mature." Mature isn't a smell, just a feeling. I guess I'm also trying to say stay away from abstract representations of actual smells. I'm not a cologne/fragrance enthusiast, I just like things that smell good haha.

Sorry if I seemed to have limited/confined your responses with these recommendations. You don't necessarily have to follow them, they're just recommendations. I'm just hoping they'll help you help me. I'll respect your response regardless.

P.S. I bolded some words or fragments to signpost if you don't feel like reading all that. I wasn't as concise as I hoped I would be haha. Thanks to anyone that responds

Default Re: Good sweet colognes?

Quote Originally Posted by funrun View Post
    I need help.
    The fact that you've come here is all the proof we need.

Seriously, it sounds like you're already doing a good job of checking things out first.

Still, some other possibilities that are relatively easy to find are:

Hanae Mori
    Lolita Lempicka

Another that I like, with that little bit of coffee/latte thing you mentioned, is Penhaligons Endymion. Not as easy to find at your local Sephora, but worth trying if you order samples from LuckyScent or something.

Good luck!

Perhaps G Nejman Le Professionnel.

Banned
    Blog Entries

dunhill desire, mont blanc individuel and taste of fragrance by mugler. way cheaper than pure coffee

- - - Updated - - -

dunhill desire, mont blanc individuel and taste of fragrance by mugler. way cheaper than pure coffee

Hi funrun and welcome to Basenotes!
    IMO Armani Attitude is the best value of the ones you named.
    I would also like to recommend Jacomo for Men (aka Silver). It has a nice fruity top (plum and pineapple) plus a mild coffee note which I think you'll appreciate. It has a sweet amber base. Very good price range and easily available on line.
    Have fun!

Hey guys thanks for the responses!

A couple questions:

@DaveStPaul, aha I know right? Anyway, what do Lolita and Hanae Mori smell like to you?

@Tony T, I've heard Taste of Fragrance smells like chili, honestly kind of scares me, what do you think of it?

@Renaissance_Man, have you tried Attitude? If so is the coffee in it prominent? Is it more sweet than spicy?

Sorry for all the questions, you guys definitely have me interested

The coffee in Attitude is more dark like espresso but to my nose it's not a mainly coffee scent like Mugler Pure Coffee. The spices are not like hot pepper but more sweet like cardamom.
    Overall I don't consider it extremely sweet.
    Jacomo, Hanae Mori, and Lolita Lempicka are sweeter still--and I love them.

If you didn't like Dior Homme because of the lipstick, don't bother with DHI.

Do you know if you like sweet tobaccos and/or vanillas? If so, try (or sample) such things as Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir, Pure Havane (my favorite in the A*Men line), Pure Malt, Viktor and Rolf's Spicebomb, Aramis Havana and L'Occitane's Eau des Baux.

Also sample Guerlain's L'Instant de Guerlain (LIDG) and L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme (LIDGE) for a great cocoa drydown.

Dcampbell

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    If you didn't like Dior Homme because of the lipstick, don't bother with DHI.

Do you know if you like sweet tobaccos and/or vanillas? If so, try (or sample) such things as Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir, Pure Havane (my favorite in the A*Men line), Pure Malt, Viktor and Rolf's Spicebomb, Aramis Havana and L'Occitane's Eau des Baux.

Also sample Guerlain's L'Instant de Guerlain (LIDG) and L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme (LIDGE) for a great cocoa drydown.
    +1 to all of this

Overcome By Fumes

Guerlain Habit Rouge

A*Men Pure Havane, Avon Black Suede Touch, Rochas Man, Burberry London for Men, Gucci Envy, YSL La Nuit de L'Homme Parfum

sweet and spicy:
    Burberry London, Or Black, MDCI Invasion Barbare, Givenchy Xeryus Rougue

You could try New Haarlem, but I think you might find it too sweet. It is a coffee frag, but smells a lot like Cinnabons to me.

Jaipur Homme EDP is another one that you might want to try.

Sorry for taking long. Thank you all for your responses, if you're curious, I'm now deciding between Endymion and Jaipur because they seem to hit the nail on the head. Thank you again!

CologneFan85

DG The One Gentleman ...Smells like juicy fruit Gum