Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default grown appreciation for Body Kouros

when i sampled body kouros, i thought it was alright (like a 6 out of 10). i did end up buying it at one point because i had enough money at the time to buy a cheapie. at first when i sprayed it, i liked it a little, but i was neutral toward it largely. but something allured me into it.

i've owned it for months, and worn it from time to time. i didn't take time to appreciate, but over time i started liking it more and more. at first i thought the opening was okay, and then the drydown got good. now, i love the opening too.

granted this is not a scent that i love so much, a ton of endorphins rush out of my brain and i simply must smell it. it's not that kind of scent, in my eyes, and thats a shallow way to judge a scent as all kinds of fragrances play some role in a large collection. but it is one i like a lot.

i own le male, the dreamer and midnight in paris. three other powdery vanilla-tonka fragrances at a relatively cheap price. but i think body kouros is topping these. it has more personality than midnight in paris, easily. it's not as harsh as the dreamer in opening.

it just has so much going for it:
    - excellent price point
    - great longevity, and great development in drydown
    - it's not in stores anymore, people aren't wearing it much, few non-basenoters have heard of it
    - it smells unique and distinct (there is no other fragrance out there, that ive tried, that smells like it)
    - projection is enough for people to smell you, but safe enough for work
    - this is great for a young person going out clubbing, but not too immature for an older person to wear

leave it to yves saint laurent to create something original, full of artistic prowess, with personality and loveable charm at the same time.

Default Re: grown appreciation for Body Kouros

Agree in that this is a scent worthy of having in one's collection. Quite nice.

I love this. I blind bought it and was disappointed at first, but it only took a couple of days to bring me around. It really grew on me and the more I wear it the more I appreciate it.

It's sweet but it's also classy; I own Le Male and I love it as well but it lacks the same sophistication that Body Kouros does. Body Kouros projects well and lasts a long time, but it also has this intimacy about it that I love, it's not loud like Le Male. And it's a lot more versatile, you can even wear it to work like you said.

The uniqueness, price, and overall smell make this a must-have imo. It really is wonderful. Even if it was $60-70 I would probably still buy it, but obviously the fact that you can pick up a 100 mL bottle for $35-40 is a great bonus.

The only real flaw with this scent is that it's a bit linear, but again when nothing else really smells like it, it's not that big of a deal.

low projection on me, would say more of a summer scent! disappointed anyway by my blind buy!
    the good, the bad, the ugly & the ludicrous...

This is the best blind buy I have made to date. I would highly recommend for someone who wants a unique tonka fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    low projection on me, would say more of a summer scent! disappointed anyway by my blind buy!
    I once purchased a bottle of Body Kouros with very low sillage, I then returned it and bought another one on another site, the new bottle has very strong projection and sillage

Quite good as a casual/summer/warmer weather scent, but also quite versatile during the whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I once purchased a bottle of Body Kouros with very low sillage, I then returned it and bought another one on another site, the new bottle has very strong projection and sillage
    can't return it, also prefer the real Kouros!
    the good, the bad, the ugly & the ludicrous...

I didn't like it much at first. But it really grew on me too.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Only sampled it a few times. Nice frag. You can't beat the price for the quality you get with this one.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i think the price does have a lot to do with body kouros appeal.

good or good only for the price?

with a fragrance that starts out nuetral and then grows on you, a $60 price-tag would discourage people from buying it. But had I known what I know now, I would have paid $60 (hypothetically) back then for BK.

Have to agree -- I really like it, but the actual bottle is well fugly.

Body Kouros is niche quality in my opinion

I love it but can't wear it as often as I would like because my wife hates it. She is not a big fragrance fan, so unless it is sporty or aquatic she usually turns up her nose.

Bought a sample of this from TPC over the summer. I had very low expectations, but was pleasantly suprised - I actually found it to be quite nice. I need to give it a few more wearings to decide how much I like it, but it was much better than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Have to agree -- I really like it, but the actual bottle is well fugly.
    Not anymore. They changed the bottle up. It's the original Kouros bottle except it has the Body Kouros colour scheme. Looks fantastic.

Agreed. It's a great scent. It was my daily wear for a while after it came out.

I very much agree with you. This is a great scent at a decent price and it basically caters for everything that you expect from a fragrance...good longevity/projection and above all it smells great Overall its a bang for the buck kinda scent!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    Not anymore. They changed the bottle up. It's the original Kouros bottle except it has the Body Kouros colour scheme. Looks fantastic.
    Ok - thanks, about time. I normally am not interested in the bottles, but the original for BK was just hateful.

BK was one of my first buys after joining Basenotes and was my signature scent for a long time.