Code of Conduct

Default Where to buy Tom Ford 250ml flacon at a discount?

I am looking to purchase a few 250ml flacons of various Tom Ford fragrances. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased these for less than full price? I can only find them at the tom ford website, neiman marcus, and other department retailers. However, they are all at full msrp. This seems to be the only line of fragrance that I can't find at discount websites (at least for the 250ml flacons).

Anyone have a site they have used for a TF flacon?

Default Re: Where to buy Tom Ford 250ml flacon at a discount?

They're not usually discounted. Try eBay, but be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte84 View Post
    I am looking to purchase a few 250ml flacons of various Tom Ford fragrances. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased these for less than full price? I can only find them at the tom ford website, neiman marcus, and other department retailers. However, they are all at full msrp. This seems to be the only line of fragrance that I can't find at discount websites (at least for the 250ml flacons).

Anyone have a site they have used for a TF flacon?
    Just buy from a retailer and have peace of mind.
    By online from a retailer if possible, that way often no tax is added.

I don't completely oppose to buying from a retailer. I just found it odd that their stuff isn't anywhere else for cheaper. I'm buying about 5 flacons for me and my family to share. At that price, anything helps.

Basenotes Plus

I don't completely oppose to buying from a retailer. I just found it odd that their stuff isn't anywhere else for cheaper. I'm buying about 5 flacons for me and my family to share. At that price, anything helps.
    Not sure why you find it odd. They are on top of their distribution chanels, making sure the Private Blends do not make it to discounters. You may find from time-to-time a place like Fragrancenet may have them, but it is very rare.

Basenotes Plus

I've seen Fragrancenet occasionally carry the 50ml bottles, but I don't recall ever seeing their 250ml flacons there...

TF Private Blend is not available through unauthorized 3rd party resellers and discounters, so the only place you may find these bottles (not at Tom Ford boutique, Neiman Marcus, Saks, and couple others) would be through eBay - where someone may be selling an unwanted bottle, used bottle, samples, etc. But no one really discounts these in actual retail - Tom Ford holds tight grip on the distribution channel.

Basenotes Plus

OP - What are you looking for, specifically?

I'm looking for tobacco vanille, neroli portofino, and a few others.

Basenotes Plus

You could always purchase out of Europe if you are so inclined. Right now, at Premier Avenue out of France, pricing is 371,67 euro which is about $425.00 USD. There is a $38,00 euro shipping charge whether it be one bottle or multiple bottles. If you are wanting to save money, this is a good way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    You could always purchase out of Europe if you are so inclined. Right now, at Premier Avenue out of France, pricing is 371,67 euro which is about $425.00 USD. There is a $38,00 euro shipping charge whether it be one bottle or multiple bottles. If you are wanting to save money, this is a good way to do so.
    True, the euro exchange rate is quite good at the moment, however the OP should keep in mind that establishing a strong sales relationship with a Tom Ford SA may be worth more (in samples, etc) than the discounted rate.

Basenotes Plus

I'd do this. The current USD/EUR exchange rate is a 10 yr low and always request samples when you check out.

That is a very good idea. I did see some overseas stores, but most didn't offer international. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    True, the euro exchange rate is quite good at the moment, however the OP should keep in mind that establishing a strong sales relationship with a Tom Ford SA may be worth more (in samples, etc) than the discounted rate.

What benefits, other than samples, do you think I can get? If there are certain perks, then it may indeed be better in the long run than saving a few $.

Basenotes Plus

What benefits, other than samples, do you think I can get? If there are certain perks, then it may indeed be better in the long run than saving a few $.
    My personal opinion, none. While an SA may throw some samples at you, the reality is, they are doing their job, and that job is to sell you more.

If you plan on purchasing several Flancons, at a savings of $100.00 per, they are going to have to throw a whole lot of samples, samples you would probably get anyway to make up for several hundred dollars you would save in a single purchase.

If you were only looking at one bottle, different story by the time you add in the €38,00 shipping b