Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD - Monday 4th February 2013

Morning all!

Sunny again here, yay!

I'll be wearing Sheer Obsession for work today.

Have a good week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: SOTD - Monday 4th February 2013

Sunny here as well!

Testing some Patchouli Patch. Don't think I like it....

Have a nice Monday
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning every one, a wonderful day to you:

Good morning dear ones.

Jean Couturier Coriandre.

May this day bring us all peace.

Morning All,

Definite case of Mondayitis, here. Prescription: Fumerie Turque.
    Will try and catch up on Superbowl highlights tonight. Just saw clips of Jones' incredible TDs :-0

Have a great start to the working week, everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Vanille Noire du Mexique for me today.

Wish all a good start to the week.

Group hug (((((BNers)))))
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Morning all,

Ubar today.

Have a good Monday!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Sunny again here, yay!

Looks like we may actually be set for a week of dry weather for a change, or could this post be the kiss of death ?

SotD is Herrera for Men.

Seconding group hug participation, and wishing everyone all the best for the forthcoming week.

Private Label No. 7 For Men by Micallef

Bonjour!
    .La Vaniglia EDP

Banned

Homage today

and Aoud cuir d Arabie........its so goood

Fahrenheit Aqua
    Last edited by sjg3839; 4th February 2013 at 02:32 PM.

Smile Re: SOTD - Monday 4th February 2013

Patchouli
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bois du Portugal this chilly SE Florida AM
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good morning, goodsmelling people. KBE is not making things up; it is COLD here in FL this morning. I could see my breath! My hair does not like the dry weather, LOL.

Neil Morris City Rain today

Also a happy...My second daughter was accepted to her 'first choice' college this weekend. This will give me two at Davidson College in NC. Very good feeling to have that settled. We have 9 years now before going through this again, well, hopefully

Good morning everyone!

I see things haven't been fixed around here ...hmph! And I was so sure a few days of my absence would do the trick, lol! My ballet classes start up again today, and I'm in Chanel 1932 for my first day back. My mother went to Paris and came back with it, saying that she was told that it's a Paris exclusive. I didn't have the heart to tell her I sniffed it at Saks last week, hehe. Oh well, she'll see it there herself soon enough, I'm sure. The fragrance is beautiful, btw ...aldehydic jasmine vanilla floral with a clear Chanel signature. No doubt it'll be a warmer-weather favorite.

Okay then, I'm off to dance - y'all have a great day!

Congrats to you and your daughter, Robin! That must be quite a heavy load off your mind!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

^ Jealous ! Waiting for the 12th when it appears here....

Don't be too jealous g ...it's all Chanel, which generally means gorgeous but not too terribly exciting, to me anyway. I'm sure I'll wear it often, but I'm not entirely sure I would have bought a bottle for myself ...it didn't immediately go on my wish list after sniffing it, if that tells you anything. But I could definitely grow to adore it ...I just don't know yet. At any rate, the 12th will be here before you know it!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good afternoon everyone. I hope that you are all well.

Chergui for me today.

I completely understand, E. I'm excited to try any new Chanels, but don't expect to be blown away by this one.

Good morning everyone!

Snowing again, after 15" in less than a week. I'm in Amber Oud, needed something warm today!

Banned

i am so curious about Chanel 1932 )....jasmine, vanilla ---is this like sweet jasmine like Samsara? ...am very curious to smell if it has synthetic vibe in it like Chanel 22 or is better

Today I went luxurious path wearing Chanel No.22

Guess what! I got a top score at instrumental analysis exam I had on Friday, Feb 1.

Congrats lucasai!! Well done, sir
    MRS E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotta sniff that one. Or not, as I imagine a blind buy coming up. I am always looking for an easy, breezy springtime fragrance.

Ava Luxe No. 23 today for the start of a work week.

Testing of Yohji didn't go so well. Must have ylang ylang as a top note? Often a scrubber for me. Now happily trailing Anne Klein Blazer as my SOTD.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good morning, gang 'o mine.

I know at least Shades and Billybelle watched the Super Bowl (I want to and have spelled it "Superbowl"). I wouldn't normally remember this sporting event, but last night's was exceptionally entertaining, and I'm not just referring to half-time entertainer Beyoncé (all good) or the commercials (two or three were good). The half-hour power outage added layers and layers of ponder-full amusement. Plus, having brothers born just 15 months apart as opposing coaches, well, you just can't write stuff like this. By the time gandhajala catches the highlights, the pundits will have had time to compose all sorts of jokes about a raccoon falling into a power station or a sports commissioner putting a penny in a fusebox to bring the lights back on.

In news from Great Britain ... I see that a dog and his man found a 6.6-pound ball of ambergris on a beach in Morecambe. Wish one of our Brit BN boys had pocketed the $180,000 vomit. You fellas have to start beach combing and looking down at the ground rather than up at the birds.

JR: "fieldfare," what a charming name. But, then again, we are using your language.

Flathorn: I'm shallow today in Bond No. 9 Mothers. It smells like mall -- or "mall fare" -- but better done. I seem to try to talk myself out of liking it, or interrogate myself, "Why are you reaching for that?" But I have no answer. Probably because the scent completely bypasses the thinky thing. Whadaya call it? Oh, yeah, the brain.

RHM: Sofie -- soo precious, soo precocious.

Robin: Congratulations to your daughter and you.

Lucasai: Scholarly congrats to you, too!

Elizrj: Happy shoveling.

Good afternoon from the thunder and hail of Yorkshire.

In OJ Orris Noire today. Good but hasn't blown me away as others from the range have.

Hope you're all well

Oh, so good to be back home!

Congrats to lucasai on the wonderful exam result! Very happy for you! And congrats as well to Robin's girl, such happy news!

Unpacking from a longer than expected weekend trip (so SICK of snowstorms!) in Coromandel. And yes, dying to try 1932! Sounds very pretty to me!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Douce Amere, the quiet oriental beauty on this noisy, read: stormy, evening. This has rocketed to my top favorites of the House of Lutens. So SICK of the winter half-year...

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    i am so curious about Chanel 1932 )....jasmine, vanilla ---is this like sweet jasmine like Samsara? ...am very curious to smell if it has synthetic vibe in it like Chanel 22 or is better
    Hmm. Wonder if I can sample this at Heathrow duty free on the 13th? I like Jasmine, I love vanilla but Chanel is hit and miss for me (I'm looking at you No 5)

Intrigued in Chopard Casmir.

Basenotes Plus

Congrats to all you deserving folk - how pitifully inadequate I feel by comparison

SotE - Eau de Patou.

Good Evening,

Right you are, Mrs.Q: I have to keep reminding myself I'm posting to the interweb, not wiring a telegram where spaces cost.
    Scentsucker - Selfridges London get 1932 on the 12th, other boutiques have to wait till the end of the month. Not sure about the one at duty free.
    Jon smells awesome and if Arwen_Elf stopped by, she'd no doubt agree.

Chanel Cuir de Russie (Exclusifs EdT) tonight.

Best to all.

A tiny dab on both radial pulsepoints of MDCI Peche Cardinale. What a gorgeous powerhouse this stuff is. I have only a 1ml sample, but it is going to last a while. ? Does anyone actually spray this?

SOTE

Basenotes Plus

Congrats to Robin & daughter #2 for the great news!

Lucasi, wonderful news for you too! Excellent work!

Thanks, Quarry! I'll let Sofie know. She's so excited right now, she's gotten her average up to a 91 in her most difficult class, English Honors.

I'm being very lazy today. I work tonight & need to go food shopping. Best get a move on.

SOTD: Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere (I too, want to try the 1932!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    In news from Great Britain ... I see that a dog and his man found a 6.6-pound ball of ambergris on a beach in Morecambe. Wish one of our Brit BN boys had pocketed the $180,000 vomit. You fellas have to start beach combing and looking down at the ground rather than up at the birds.
    LOL, Quarry! I always enjoy your humorous posts. Right now I have a big rock in garage to which magnets stick to, maybe one day I will discover that it's a meteorite and worth a fortune .

Lucas - Congratulations! I know all about pains and joys of studying, though I suspect your studies are a bit more exciting than mine.

Courtesy of a wonderful gentleman from Down Under it's CdG Vettiveru today. Very refreshing and very pleasant.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Great news there, Robin and lucasai! Happy for you both!

Mom was a little batty last night...middle of the night phone call, weird stuff, but today she seemed back to herself. I took over some homemede potato leek soup and we watched a DVD of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. We went to see this movie together at the theater when it first came out (1971).

SotD is L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007.

Didn't wear any scent today but reading sotd thread this evening made me hanker after a Chanel, so it's 31 Rue Cambon for me at the moment.

Well done Lucasai and Robin's daughter! Great news for you both.

Basenotes Institution

Hugs to all, I am having a maddening busy day so I cannot talk long - however you are all in my thoughts & I love reading everyone's little personal stories/comments.

SOTD is:

Play Red by Comme des Garcons (first time from a sample)

Cherry? I don't smell it. What I do smell is something mildly sweet and spicy. Weird (of course it is, it's a CdG) and not entirely sure how I feel about this yet. Indifferent, I suppose.

((bear hugs))
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Creed - Selection Verfe

Blog Entries

Good evening!

Congrats to all those with good news & hugs to those who need them.

l heard a rumour that that Morecambe "ambergris" was a lump of lard that fell off a ship!

l've just drained my samples of Fifi Chachnil & Josef Statkus, one on each arm. Mmm, incensy, tobacco-y goodness!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Yes, B-belle and I both watched the Super Bowl, and yes it was a strange one this year, Quarry. I knew Baltimore would win, I don't know how.

Congratulations, Lucasai!

I wore L'Heure Bleue to my art class. It is one I don't have a personal history with, and I had hopes that it might be conducive to the artistic process, as certain types of music are. But it didn't make a difference. I can't seem to get to work in that class. There are too many distractions and I'm too aware of time passing.

Such interesting stories everyone has. I really enjoy reading you all. I don't always pick names out for comment, but I read them all with interest, nevertheless (I'm not the greatest forum-ista, just love fragrances, and am here to learn).

I wore the last of my J Lo Glow yesterday and the love affair is over. I'm so glad - it's like having a tawdry affair with someone you really don't like, but they still manage to get to you. I won't be visiting that one again .

I'm back to woods today - CdG Hinoki. It's such a natural woody recreation with its own personality.

Being stuck in town for 3 weeks has made me start craving natural smells. The Pineapple Express that hit southcentral AK a while back caused huge overflow problems on the lake I land my plane on at my homestead. I don't dare land on it yet with skis, unless I feel like nosing up (or worse), so I'm sitting tight in town, enjoying its amenities and pluses (eating out is nice!).

Hello again!

It's gone now so I can't double-check, but I'm not so sure about my initial jasmine-vanilla impression regarding Chanel 1932 ...well, not sure about the vanilla, that is ...could be tonka or something else slightly sweet and creamy ...or slightly resinous? Lol, I suppose I need to pay more attention to it next time. I really can't come up with another fragrance to compare it to iivanita, aside from initial knee-jerk and very fleeting reactions that I can't even recall clearly now, but it's not like Samsara, which is definitely more of a sandalwoody oriental than a jasminey floral to my way of smelling, but I think there is some smooth sandalwood in 1932 as well ...along with some rose and iris that I didn't mention before. One thing I can say for certain is it's already growing on me, as expected, and I'm looking forward to wearing it again and discovering what other facets have yet to reveal themselves.

But now for something completely different, I'm in Ava Luxe's tender and graceful Nude Musk for the afternoon ...my current favorite soft and non-animalic, "your skin but better" musk.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I wore L'Heure Bleue to my art class. It is one I don't have a personal history with, and I had hopes that it might be conducive to the artistic process, as certain types of music are. But it didn't make a difference. I can't seem to get to work in that class. There are too many distractions and I'm too aware of time passing.
    What fun, lilybelle! What medium are you working in? I can be like that too, easily distracted particularly when others are around. If you're allowed, I recommend bringing your own music to listen to, via headphones/earbuds of course. It really helps me to focus on what's in front of me - maybe it could work for you, too.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 4th February 2013 at 09:24 PM.

WEaring Borghese La Carezza d'Amore.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE...vintage Magie Noire. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with anything else, this is so intoxicating.

What fun, lilybelle! What medium are you working in? I can be like that too, easily distracted particularly when others are around. If you're allowed, I recommend bringing your own music to listen to, via headphones/earbuds of course. It really helps me to focus on what's in front of me - maybe it could work for you, too. [/QUOTE]

I'm taking a class in mixed media collage. That's a good idea about the earphones/buds.

iivanita I forgot to mention that you smelled divine!!! I must say I have no idea what Homage smells like but I heard only amazing things.

New Chanel? Jasmine? Iris, rose? Did someone said bacon? Nyam, nyam, nyam...

Celebrating a new one that just showed up in my mailbox - Caron Narcisse Noir modern EdT. And I respectfully disagree with Madame Sanchez - you still can ruin man's life properly in this.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Old Formula Chanel No. 19 EDP
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

happy is the bleu heart<3

Yes, Ms Quarry, I was watching the Superbowl and dreaming of the day MY team plays in it. Last night, I was rooting for 49ravener's to make Mr Shades some money ... and they did! He plays those games where you buy a square and hope that the score matches your square. Well, it did in the 3rd quarter and it plaid "close" in the 1st ... DH walked away with $1300!

I'm wearing Herve Leger today. It's been a total bummer of a day and I'm just going to head to bed and cuddle with my dog, Cali ...
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 5th February 2013 at 01:35 AM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

SOTD: Castile by Penhaligon's.

I wore Hermes Kelly Caleche today. Tonight I'm going to bed wearing Caleche soir de parfum.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."