Code of Conduct

Default Super cheap bargain basement fragrance recommendations please

Have spent way too much on fragrances recently and money is tight, can anyone recommend me some super super cheap fragrances, when I say super cheap i mean 10 notes or less for 50ml , I have Brut, Old spice and Tabac already , im sure there must be some bargain basement gems out there

Default Re: Super cheap bargain basement fragrance recommendations please

Solara Homme by Lomani.

Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men is a very nice woodsy oriental, and a perennial at discount outlets.

Check out Ted Lapidus Altamir. Very nice cinnamon and slight orange blossom. Close to D&G the one minus the longevity problems.

Blog Entries

Bogart Pour Homme by Jacques Bogart
    Colors for Men by Benetton
    Zirh Ikon by Zirh

You don't say where you live.
    In northern Britain in the last few weeks I have found Lanvin Homme Sport, Giorgio Red and Quorum for £6 - £8 in a shop called Home and Bargain.

Yardley Citrus and Woods. See Odysseusms review! Can be had for under a tenner.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Yardley Citrus and Woods. See Odysseusms review! Can be had for under a tenner.
    and it's not bad either......

Lush Dirty

Lomani pour Homme, Quorum, Quorum Silver, Pino Silvestre, Grey Flannel, Jaguar pH, Cerruti 1881, Montana Parfum d'Homme,
    Oscar de la Renta pour Lui and Oscar, Animale Animale, Mirato Malizia Vetyver, Giorgio Beverly Hills pH and Red, Ted Lapidus pH,
    One Man Show and OMS Gold, Sung Homme, Worth, Uomo?, Lanvin L'Homme and Sport, Oxygen, Azzaro pH, Visit, Tommy Bahama, Open...so many....

Thank you for the recommendations ,some good suggestions, i forgot to mention but i tend to like old school scents , powdery is good as is spicy

@Martinijo , I have Quorum , is a fantastic fragrance , really really good , will have to keep an eye out for the others you mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by shoulderpet View Post
    Thank you for the recommendations ,some good suggestions, i forgot to mention but i tend to like old school scents , powdery is good as is spicy

@Martinijo , I have Quorum , is a fantastic fragrance , really really good , will have to keep an eye out for the others you mentioned
    In that case maybe look out for Daniel Hechter Caractere. Great old school scent you can get dirt cheap on line. I forgot to mention it earlier. Only the aftershave version seems to be available but it's plenty strong enough.

Thank you for the recommendations ,some good suggestions, i forgot to mention but i tend to like old school scents , powdery is good as spicy
    Jovan Sex Appeal

citrus & wood by yardley!

The Original 24 fragrance can be found for £10 in Asda stores. It's generic as hell but some love it. Not a patch on the Gold version.

Usher VIP, Cool Water, Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Lomani pour Homme, Quorum, Quorum Silver, Pino Silvestre, Grey Flannel, Jaguar pH, Cerruti 1881, Montana Parfum d'Homme,
    Oscar de la Renta pour Lui and Oscar, Animale Animale, Mirato Malizia Vetyver, Giorgio Beverly Hills pH and Red, Ted Lapidus pH,
    One Man Show and OMS Gold, Sung Homme, Worth, Uomo?, Lanvin L'Homme and Sport, Oxygen, Azzaro pH, Visit, Tommy Bahama, Open...so many....
    I know these are all well priced but I don't think more than two of them are available for less than £10 for 50ml (or ten dollars, whatever the OP meant)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Usher VIP, Cool Water, Kenneth Cole Reaction
    You won't find any of those for £10 in the UK. Probably double that for CW and Reaction.

Azzaro Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    In that case maybe look out for Daniel Hechter Caractere. Great old school scent you can get dirt cheap on line. I forgot to mention it earlier. Only the aftershave version seems to be available but it's plenty strong enough.
    Thanks , have just googled it , looks good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You won't find any of those for £10 in the UK. Probably double that for CW and Reaction.
    Yes, UK is horrendously expensive, lots of fragrances that are dirt cheap elsewhere we pay a fortune for

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Bogart Pour Homme by Jacques Bogart
    Colors for Men by Benetton
    Zirh Ikon by Zirh

+1 for Ikon. A good incense fragrance that is very inexpensive. I would also try Pinaud Clubman if you like barbershop scents. It smells similar to Brut but is much more refined. Jovan Sex Appeal is nice but has longevity problems. One of my favorite cheapies is Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris which is basically a Le Male copy - but I like it better than Le Male.

Axe / Lynx Vice
    Axe / Lynx Alaska

both as body spray
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I know these are all well priced but I don't think more than two of them are available for less than £10 for 50ml (or ten dollars, whatever the OP meant)
    Just thought of the cheapest ones I have really, not entirely sure how much they all were at the time.

One that's available for very little money is Canali Style (four stars in Turin's book. On BN it seems to be less celebrated) but even at less than £10 for 50ml I'm too sceptical now when it comes to the really cheap, newer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Just thought of the cheapest ones I have really, not entirely sure how much they all were at the time.

One that's available for very little money is Canali Style (four stars in Turin's book. On BN it seems to be less celebrated) but even at less than £10 for 50ml I'm too sceptical now when it comes to the really cheap, newer stuff.
    I'd rather get a part used bottle second hand on ebay. A full bottle is too much anyway when you have over 30 scents. I'll never finish most of them.