Code of Conduct

Default Paco Rabanne - 1 Million INTENSE

No one has really brought this up yet, so I figured I might do a thread about it.

The infamous 1 Million by Paco Rabanne is getting it's second flanker (if I'm not mistaken) and it's a Intensified version on the original.

How strong do they really want 1 Million to be? It's already known for being one of the strongest fragrances do date, how come Paco releases a Intense version? The answer I believe is correct: the money. 1 Million is not only one of the strongest fragrances, it's also one of the top selling fragrance of all time! Of course they will release a flanker.

I just wonder how strong this Intense version will be. May God help us all!

Fragrantica artical: http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Paco...ense-3993.html

EDIT: I literally just saw that someone had already made a thread for this, so never mind.

Default Re: Paco Rabanne - 1 Million INTENSE

Still haven't seen it in the stores where I am yet.

Blog Entries

I'll sample this once it hits the US Market.... the regular 1 Million does nothing on my skin unless I feel warm or close to sweating.

The original is cool for me.

Already intense enough IMO.

I am still wondering when will this launched and if in North America

I think people really seem to misinterpret 'Intense' when linked to a fragrance, call it the DHI Effect if you will. Often the 'Intense' means more that it's darker or more woody. Take AdP Colonia Intensa for example, not particularly long-lasting, but much more woody and deep, less bright so to speak. Same with Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense.

Sorry to be a pedant, it's just rather silly to presume that 'Intense' is shorthand for 'massive longevity and silage'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    I think people really seem to misinterpret 'Intense' when linked to a fragrance, call it the DHI Effect if you will. Often the 'Intense' means more that it's darker or more woody. Take AdP Colonia Intensa for example, not particularly long-lasting, but much more woody and deep, less bright so to speak. Same with Rive Gauche Pour Homme Intense.

Sorry to be a pedant, it's just rather silly to presume that 'Intense' is shorthand for 'massive longevity and silage'.
    I think you are exactly right, bro.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Exactly. I think 1 Million "Intense" will be just what some people are looking for. It sounds like the biggest complaint about 1 Million is that it is too sweet. I think this verson will increase the leather / patchouli so it will be a less-sweet version of 1 Million, and make this a flanker for the older crowd perhaps.

Looks like the Mayans only miscalculated by one year. Not bad.

I agree Puig now owns Rabanne Fragrances along with Prada and we all know Prada Intense was just a reworking of the fragrance notes. In no way was Prada Intense a mega fragrance bomb instead the sweet notes of the original were toned down.

Well, for the sake of the world, I hope you're right!

Intense - yikes!!!

Have to ask for the intense version during my next extensive fragrance purchase/testing. Might not be the most pleasant, but still interesting.

Basenotes Junkie

I own and use 1 Million and it is quite mild on me. I think the whole sillage bomb/ "club scent" reputation was started by those who don't own it themselves but were exposed to a younger crowd who bathes in it (probably 10+ sprays). I personally love it and would welcome a darker less sweet version of 1 Million or a stronger more potent one. Can't wait to try it.

Anyone had the chance to try this yet? Seems to have just been released in the UK at least: http://www.johnlewis.com/paco-rabann...navAction=jump

I tried this on Thursday at Debenhams. Sprayed it on paper and my wrist. I thought the opening actually smelled pretty different than 1 Million, but still had some vibes of it. The drydown just dries down to the usual 1 Million smell, but this stuff projected like mad on me and lasted forever. If I didn't have 1 Million already, I would purchase this.

I tried it yesterday. Very, very similar to the original, but smells heavier, darker and dirtier. I detected more oud.

Also available to Escentual

Basenotes Plus

agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed.

I was born to shoot guns and smell good doin it!

Shane "The Bopper" Stagg

Spice bomb seems to be in the same family. Which is better?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I tried it today. I believe it is darkier and less synthetic fruity sweet. I get mostly floral sweet in the top notes. A more balanced scent for my taste, not sure if it is good clubbing scent anymore.

Tried it today.
    It's excellent.
    It isn't stronger than the original.

As much as I like the original there was a note in it that annoyed me a little - it always reminds me of a 'roast parsnip' smell.

That is gone in the Intense version. I really like it. It is the original made better. I will definitely buy a bottle once my original has been finished.

Roast parsnip? Haha! I honestly thought this was longer than the original, I applied it on my arm around 12pm and had a shower around 6pm when I got home and could still smell the thing quite strongly. Think the opening of it is different than the original too. I would have bought a bottle of this if I never bought a damn 200ml bottle of 1 million not too long ago (can't complain at £46 though). Still may buy a bottle soon enough anyway.

WOW! Let's wait for A*Men Intense as well... Maybe YSL will bring back M7 in an Intense version too!

I tried this again yesterday. I think it's genuinely *disgusting*.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I tried this again yesterday. I think it's genuinely *disgusting*.
    Hahahaha. Davidoff The Game disgusting?

Apparently, most of you will not see a notable difference between this and the regular one. As for me, the difference is vital: I hate 1 Million, though I tend to love 1 Million Intense.

In terms of Paco Rabanne "Intense" means fruitier and less synthetic version. What I dislike in the regular 1 Million is the dark headachy synthetic note (the same one presented in Armani Code Ultimate for example). In 1 Million Intense they eliminated this note making the scent fruitier, more "bubble-gum-y", closer to Spicebomb, La Nuit de L'Homme than ever. The sillage and longevity retain their power, that's nice news as well.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

It should be banned from clubs and just like no shorts