Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone had a Bond sample not smell like the juice in the full bottle?

So I just finished my Bond No.9 Riverside Drive sample (bon-bon, or whatever they call it), which I love (or maybe thought I did?), and then moved onto the bottle of it. It seems the sample lacked the initial blast of basil that many people on here likened to the sharpness of GIT's topnotes, because instead it started off with the smooth, clean barbershop vibe the middle notes are known for.

I'll probably start putting this on an hour or so before going out. For me, the basil is just too sharp at the beginning, but after about an hour it totally redeems itself.

Has anyone else had this problem with Bond's samples? I ordered their sampler pack directly from them, back when it was still offered.

Default Re: Has anyone had a Bond sample not smell like the juice in the full bottle?

No.

Default Re: Has anyone had a Bond sample not smell like the juice in the full bottle?

Have not had that problem. I had a few samples of Chez Bond. That one smells more like GIT IMO.

No but I have New Haarlems samples that are different colors though they smell the same

I've had this with several other samples and decants from different houses, but not yet from Bond. I think sometimes (not sure why) some fragrances' top notes get lost or suffer damage when decanted or applied directly from a vial, so your experience isn't out of the ordinary.

Had several dozen Bon-bons over the last year -- no difference in smell that I have found.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

I was thinking that maybe the atomizer was making a difference, so I sprayed some from the full bottle into the empty bon-bon, but no difference. Thinking now that since I had it shipped to Tennessee in August, maybe the heat had gotten to it.

I've found that samples sometimes do not smell like the original perfume.

Particularity decanted samples.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found that samples sometimes do not smell like the original perfume.

Particularity decanted samples.

for swap/sale:

I've noticed this with decanted samples (not talking about Bond in particular - just a general observation).

I've had no problems with Bond 9 samples but like some of the people have said it's happened with other brands.

Also don't think Riverside Drive smells like GIT. Not for me anyway and I have both. In fact I probably won't ever order RD again. Not for me.

They smell the same to me.

Basenotes Junkie

My decanted sample of Angel Men had nowhere near as strong of a tar note as my FB. It was almost non-existant in the sample. Luckily I have grown to really like the tarry opening of the FB I bought.