Code of Conduct

Default Not another DHI thread . . .

Long time lurker here. I figure I'll probably take a lot of flak for this, but DHI (new formulation) is wayyy too feminine for me. Not at all to say that I dislike it, but that I personally cannot pull it off.

That said, it is exactly the type of scent I would love to notice on a woman. Anyone else feel this way?

Default Re: Not another DHI thread . . .

Yes. I own it, but DHI (and especially DH) has a very feminine association (the women's makeup smell).

I recognize it as a excellent composition and a work of art, and I do enjoy it, but I am a little reluctant to wear it most places.

Not at all.

It's one of the best I own.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I am not the type of person who particularly likes to wear female fragrances, but I do admire and wear both DH and DHI.

I get compliments from women when I wear it and I'm not a feminine looking guy, but if you don't feel comfortable wearing it then test the waters some other time.

It's among my best 3 scents...

Blind bought it after trying and getting Dior Homme and I can't say it's too 'feminine' for me. I've enjoyed wearing it and have received some compliments from women as well.

One of the best.... no denying it. I had to own both DH and DHI so that I could turn the volume up and down.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I enjoy it quite a bit. I don't find it difficult to pull off at all like a lot of other scents that are in the masculine genre. DHI is not an overtly feminine fragrance like it is made out to be here on Basenotes. It is a definite compliment getter from the ladies.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Have you tried giving it a full wearing?

Personally think it's a very nice scent.

IMHO I think the more masculine you are the easier it is to pull this one off. It has an odd reversal about it.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

IMHO I think the more masculine you are the easier it is to pull this one off. It has an odd reversal about it.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Never found it feminine personally, but I haven't smelled the reformulation with the pear in it yet.

Sound Scents

I don't feel comfortable wearing it and can't say the scent does anything for me in general, but I would not like smelling it on a woman either. Just not really a fan I guess due to the iris which is a nemesis of mine.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Guerlainista

I think both DH and DHI are on the feminine side of unisex. They are sweet, soft, powdery gourmands with nothing too butch to balance that out. Having said that, I really like the treatment of the iris in them, and I enjoy wearing them greatly. All of this is subjective of course, but I just don't get how anyone can smell something like this and think its a full-on masculine.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I think both DH and DHI are on the feminine side of unisex. They are sweet, soft, powdery gourmands with nothing too butch to balance that out. Having said that, I really like the treatment of the iris in them, and I enjoy wearing them greatly. All of this is subjective of course, but I just don't get how anyone can smell something like this and think its a full-on masculine.
    Dior Homme EDT might be powdery (barely on my skin) but Dior Homme Intense never does on my skin.

I think its all in the mind for me, i.e. if they were both categorised as 'feminine' I might have a problem. Being they are both 'masculines', I have always been happy to wear them.