Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 99Perfume?

Default Perfumeoutlet.net & 99perfume.com

Hi guys,

I was looking for Birberry Brit Sheer and found out these 2 websites, perfumeoutlet.net and 99perfume.com. Have anyone bought from them and are they authentic?

Btw, I've also seen Burberry Brit Sheer on scentiments.com, they have 1.7oz but the image is Burberry Brit, should I give it a try?

Thanks a bunch.

Default Re: Perfumeoutlet.net & 99perfume.com

Hi and welcome to Basenotes!

This thread may help you get started:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ight=99perfume

Also, check out the non-country-specific postings on the City Shopping Guide forum.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I would recommend Scentiments, but since they are showing a different picture, you might want to call to make sure it's the one you want. Many of us shop there. Other places I like are imaginationperfumery, parfum1, fragrancenet also gets good reviews and they often have discount codes going. Someone said scentiments has a 5% discount going right now, I'm not sure what the code is, but if I see it, I'll post.
    Last edited by beachroses; 9th December 2007 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks so much, TwoRoads and beachroses. I did not know there were non-country-specific postings on the City Shopping Guide forum because of the long list of countries, silly me!

Default 99perfume.com ? Any comments?

I wish to buy something from this website...

I was wondering if any members here have bought from them before and/or what have been their experience dealing with them.

Any help will be great.

Thanks

gupts

Default Re: 99perfume.com ? Any comments?

there was another thread about these guys recently. I can't be bothered to dig it up right now but in summary - this is a good company and comes with recommendations from me and others.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 29th January 2008 at 12:25 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I've dealt with them multiple times. Recommended. There are other sites with better prices though - Scentmonkey.com, BigDiscount.com

I have also bought from them with no problems...
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Blog Entries

:wave: Mattybumpkin (we are neighbors)

I've never had a problem with them either.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

They are great. Shipped to me in Sweden in less than 10 days, and I finally had the chance to get a hold of a few scents I had been looking for a long while.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Sur la Plage

I have never had a problem with them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Angry Abusive response from 99perfume .com!

Hi y'all

I live in the UK, but sometimes buy fragrances from the US.

I saw something I am looking for at 99perfume(.com) at a reasonable price; however their international shipping rates are very expensive compared to other companies I have used, which means that it simply is not worth my while to buy from them.

So - I sent a brief, polite email, asking if they might consider revising their rates, & suggesting that this might increase their international custom.

I got an email back which was extremely rude & nasty.

It was unsigned, but ended "Why are you wasting both of our time"?

How horrible & uneccessary is that?!

I feel rather upset, & find it rather wierd! (I was only giving feedback, which they can do with as they wish. There is nothing personal about it).

I don't know what kind of experience others have had with this company.

Needless to say I would not now touch them with a bargepole even if their shipping was free

Default Re: Abusive response from 99perfume .com!

I ordered some Guerlain Heritage early Wednesday morning, way before noon. They charged my card immediately, but no tracking info showed up on their site. I finally got an email Monday saying it had shipped. I know Thursday was a holiday, but according to their site they should have shipped Wednesday because I ordered before noon. Oh well, it ended up OK but it sounds like their service leaves much to be desired.
    Trying to make the world a better place, one sniff at a time

Sorry to hear that. They sound like assholes.

Wow, that's awful. Thank you for posting about it, though.

...another company to stay away from...

I had negative experiences with them also.

I purchased fragrances from them on 3 different occasions, always ordering a 1.7 oz. product. Each time, my credit card was charged right away, then I would receive a phone call from them (I gave them my cellular # when ordering) and they would say the 1.7 oz. was out of stock. BUT if I would just pay the difference of $__, they would ship me the next largest size. Keep in mind their website stated the 1.7 oz. bottles were IN stock.

I decided it was a ruse to get people to spend more, so I don't use them anymore.

I don't know how they manage it, but almost any search for a hard to find fragrance turns up their website or their sister websites, like Perfumecountry. In most cases, after ordering or upon further inquiry, one finds the hard to find fragrance one has ordered is "out of stock", but, of course, they then knew this all along and they have achieved their goal of having you visit their website.

The first time I ordered fragrances from Perfumecountry, six in all, every single one of them, I was informed
    once they began processing my order, was out of stock. It took them days to credit back my credit card. There's another gimmick that I noticed with the Perfumecountry website. There are some sites that offer a 10% coupon for Pefumecountry, but when you click on the link to take you to the site, the prices are actually higher than if you visit the site yourself so that the 10% discount is essentially invalidated. I am pretty sure about this; although, I can't remember how I discovered this or which websites offer this 10% coupon. I should have made more than a mental note to myself. If I come across this again, I will be sure to post about it.

I have now given up on both sites after a number of out of stock debacles and their complete indifference to sending me the wrong bottle even after I had emailed them about the bottle I was specifically after, which they assured me I would receive.

I would advise that no one shop with them or that they exercise extreme caution if they do. They seem to have a very disrespectful, antagonistic, and dismissive attitude towards their customers. I have never found their prices competitive; I have always found their hard to find bottles are out of stock. In the way they operate, they remind me very much of 1stperfume.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 3rd December 2009 at 03:19 AM.

Sorry, this is an accidental double post.
    Last edited by scentemental; 3rd December 2009 at 01:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the information. I've never used them but had them in a favorites folder for discounters. I just deleted them.

I've noticed in the past that price differences between sellers are often more than offset by the shipping and HANDLING charges.

Search the forums for past threads and I think you'll find quite a bit on these guys. They don't have a good reputation. The nasty email messages are evidently SOP for them as well.

Will definitely avoid that site altogether now. Thanks for the heads up guys.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    In the way they operate, they remind me very much of Parfum1.

scentemental
    Do you mean 1stperfume, maybe? I've never heard any bad reviews of Parfum1. I've purchased from them 6 or 7 times and never any problems.

That sucks, I hope you move past their rudeness and find happiness elsewhere!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Abusive response from 99perfume .com!

Okay...why don't we teach these @$$holes a lesson. Don't just delete them...let them know that there is a whole perfume community out there that does share information...and that as far as the people on this thread are concerned they are blacklisted. Send them an e-mail that gives a clear message that when you "F" with a customer it will come back to bite you!
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    Do you mean 1stperfume, maybe? I've never heard any bad reviews of Parfum1. I've purchased from them 6 or 7 times and never any problems.
    I, too, have had nothing but good experiences ordering from parfum1. Perhaps I've just been lucky. They appear to offer fairly good prices and frequently discount with promotions. 1stperfume is a known poor performer among most Basenoters, but until scentemental mentioned parfum1, I hadn't seen negatives on them. I hope scentemental will elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TricsMan View Post
    I, too, have had nothing but good experiences ordering from parfum1. Perhaps I've just been lucky. They appear to offer fairly good prices and frequently discount with promotions. 1stperfume is a known poor performer among most Basenoters, but until scentemental mentioned parfum1, I hadn't seen negatives on them. I hope scentemental will elaborate.
    Yes I do mean 1stperfume and NOT Parfum1. Thanks for noticing and pointing my error out jwpianoboe andTricsMan. I have corrected my initial post.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 3rd December 2009 at 03:24 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for sharing this terrible bit of customer service. I willl never use 99 perfume now .Besides there are so many good discounters online - 99perfume may as well just go away . No one needs abuse like that especially a paying customer .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by laral28 View Post
    Okay...why don't we teach these @$$holes a lesson. Don't just delete them...let them know that there is a whole perfume community out there that does share information...and that as far as the people on this thread are concerned they are blacklisted. Send them an e-mail that gives a clear message that when you "F" with a customer it will come back to bite you!
    laral28, here, here!

I recall that none other than Neiman-Marcus was sent a BN thread and the patron given immediate service to rectify the situation.

In the age of the Internet, companies must bow to the power of public opinion. I recall one singer/celebrity who had an enormous fansite which received gazillions of hits from many fans. The woman supposedly espoused an anti-fur campaign, then appeared in a magazine fashion spread wearing an animal fur coat. Bad, bad move, esp. when she was unapologetic about it. The fansite admin, an animal lover, took down the entire site with a short message on the woman supporting the cruel fur industry. All of the millions of fans using search engines for the celebrity saw the message. MAJOR PR disaster!! Don't screw with one's fans...or customers. Period.
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd December 2009 at 04:16 PM.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Wow thanks guys.

This is all very interesting.

@ECaruthers - your capitalisation of HANDLING charges made me laugh! Taxes & reasonable postage costs are fair enough - but sometimes ridiculous rip-off "HANDLING" charges are slapped on. What does this HANDLING entail?
    Gently caressing the parcel for an hour?

If I am thinking of ordering from a new company, I generally have a look in the "BIG list of online retailers" thread.

Maybe we could use a sticky for such companies - "Avoid these dodgy A***holes" ?

I hope that through a process of evolution (customer selection) nasty retailers like 99perfume will fizzle out.

Life is too short to be nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamundi View Post
    Wow thanks guys.

This is all very interesting.

@ECaruthers - your capitalisation of HANDLING charges made me laugh! Taxes & reasonable postage costs are fair enough - but sometimes ridiculous rip-off "HANDLING" charges are slapped on. What does this HANDLING entail?
    Gently caressing the parcel for an hour?

If I am thinking of ordering from a new company, I generally have a look in the "BIG list of online retailers" thread.

Maybe we could use a sticky for such companies - "Avoid these dodgy A***holes" ?

I hope that through a process of evolution (customer selection) nasty retailers like 99perfume will fizzle out.

Life is too short to be nasty.
    Handling charges: To be fair, there's packaging material and packing time involved. Then for a small company, time spent queuing up at the post office to send it (and in some US post offices, the queue can be considerable).

As a BNer selling something to each other, I probably will waive this "handling cost". But if I were running a mail order perfume business, I will factor that into my cost.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon