Code of Conduct

Default The new age of Drugstore Fragrances

Does anyone think we are headed into a new era of drugstore frangrances. I know that many of our grandfarthers and farthers used fragrances such as Brut, Old Spice and Aqua Velva Musk. But, with the recent relases of new Old Spice Colognes from the Wild Collection and the releases of more and more men's grooming products like face lotions, wash, creams etc..........from brands like Axe, Dove, and Nivea do you think we'll see more things like After Shaves/Cologen (ex. how Aqua Velva Musk is market as AfterShave/Cologne) or even thinks like Brut Splash-On (which is marketed seperate from the cologne and aftershave) I'm just wondering do you think we may see more and more of these type products?

Default Re: The new age of Drugstore Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Does anyone think we are headed into a new era of drugstore fragrances. I'm just wondering do you think we may see more and more of these type products?
    No and I hope not.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing this return as it would mean more inexpensive scents to buy without the guilt of spending a day's wages for one bottle. There are some decent drugstore scents on the market currently and a few more would be a welcome thing in my book.

There's enough room for everyone in the fragrance market.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I for one wouldn't mind seeing this return as it would mean more inexpensive scents to buy without the guilt of spending a day's wages for one bottle. There are some decent drugstore scents on the market currently and a few more would be a welcome thing in my book.
    Your comment above is an example of why I think there might be a new age of drugstore fragrances. I see more and more people who are willing to buy $150 shoes $100 shirts and pants $10-$20 face creams $7 face washes $20 razor cartridges $5 deodorant etc...........but when it is time for a fragrance they reach for $3-5 bodyspray? Obviously they don't see a need to spend $50 and up on a fragrance. I think that type of buyer could be who the new age drugstore fragrance is aimed at. In some ways bodysprays already represent this but, I'm thinking we may see more companies go the cologne route.

Actually, I would not mind seeing more of them marketed, retailed on a larger scale. In spite of certain social constraints or at least a certain degree of prejudice, social acceptability etc., not all of them are all together bad, plus, I am certain a sustainable market for them would indeed exist.

maybe apple should come out with fragrances the collection could be called "i smell"

- - - Updated - - -

i did crack open a bottle of BRUT in wegmans tonight and smelled it when no one was looking..smelled exactly like it did 20 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

i did see another version of old spice edc called "fresh" thee there were other bodywash's called "materhorn, toadhorn, and foghorn...or something of that sense
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Hope not, but hey - each with his own!. People are different, tastes are different, goods they are willing to buy are different.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |