Code of Conduct

Default "1000" de Jean Patou reformulated: your opinion.

Today I found a bottle of "1000" de Jean Patou EDT, branded Procter & Gamble, probably year 2005, so I can say it's reformulated for sure. It was an embarrassing moment, since the perfumery shop gave it away -last bottle- for a mere 15 euros (20 dollars).
    Jean Patou at that price, you can understand.....and it's not a fake. It's smells very good, but I'm not able to check it with vintage.
    I'd like to know your opinion about reformulation, and if it's acceptable.

Default Re: "1000" de Jean Patou reformulated: your opinion.

If you like it, then rock on man!

Proctor & Gamble bought Jean Patou in 2001. At the time that I bought my last bottle of 1000, the Jean Patou company website listed its range as "limited." I wrote to the company, and they told me that this meant it was discontinued. However, that same website showed the range and ingredients of their full, current line, and there were many perfumes listed there.

All this has changed. When I looked at the jeanpatou.com website now, it appeared to have been gutted; it no longer lists currently available fragrances, their concentrations, and their bottle sizes. (Someone else try it, please, just for a reality check. Maybe my flash player is outdated.)

If you go to the Proctor & Gamble US website, Jean Patou is not listed as a company. You will see 007, Art of Shaving, Christina Aguilara, Dolce and Gabbana, Dunhill, Escada, Gucci, Lacoste, Naomi Campbell, Old Spice, and Rochas. If you go to their French website, Jean Patou is not listed as a company. You will see Boss, Dolce and Gabbana, Escada, Gucci, Hugo, and Lacoste.

What does this imply about the future of Jean Patou fragrances? If anyone would care to research more of Proctor & Gamble's international sites, have at it. Here is the address of the listing:
    http://www.pg.com/en_US/worldwide_sites.shtml

I never thought it would come to this when I bought my last bottle of 1000. Certainly, an iconic perfume such as Joy will carry on, right? But where has the brand Jean Patou gone?

Hi,

Just checked JeanPatou.com and it is the same as it has been for the past few years. Lists JOY, Sublime, 1000 and Sira.

Even better, though, check this out:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Jean-P...-oz/prod17068/

Quote Originally Posted by therese19 View Post
    Hi,

Just checked JeanPatou.com and it is the same as it has been for the past few years. Lists JOY, Sublime, 1000 and Sira.

Even better, though, check this out:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Jean-P...-oz/prod17068/

That's excellent. Let me just quickly weigh in by saying that I've got both vintage and current '1000' in edt and the good news is the current hasn't been messed with. Ditto Sublime; even though Luca Turin says the current's been messed with - and it is a little different, as one might expect just because of restrictions, etc. over the years -- it's still at least 80% of what my vintage bottle smells like.

I absolutely love the original 1000 and only wish I could find some today. The current version is very watered down, and bears hardly any resemblance to the huge, gorgeous vintage IMHO.