Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros - casual?

Hey guys,

I recently got my hands on a decant of YSL Body Kouros and tbh, my first impression was really bad. It was aggressively sweet with some disturbing undertones, I had to wash it off after 2 hours since the drydown wasn't really satisfying either. But something inside told me that this scent might reward me after all if I give it a few more days. There was something mysterious going on there during the drydown. And actually, I really do like this one now for being cozy, warming, charming and maybe even a tad seductive without being too much of a macho in its character if you know what I mean. But here's the thing...

I have no clue when I can wear this stuff and I don't see myself pulling this one off outside of my four walls. Some guys here like to use it on a night out, but I don't get that vibe from BK (DHI or Pure Malt are my weapons of choice for this case). Since my thoughts on this scent are somewhat ambivalent, I have difficulties judging its use and versatility.

Is it safe to wear BK at college (I'm in my mid-twenties)? I can imagine that this fragrance can be somewhat too edgy and offensive, but on the other hand, I see this one quite pleasing and 'friendly' as well. I'm afraid that BK is too loud or even sexy for just being casual. Nothing against smelling sexy, but at school, I don't wanna go for that in the first place.

So what are your thoughts and/or experiences?

Default Re: Body Kouros - casual?

IMO casual use is absolutely fine.

Casual if fine. WARNING: 2 Sprays...Repeat 2 sprays.

If you have some left in your decant, just give it a test drive at school, or going out, or whatever. That's what I've done with several fragrances that I didn't think would go well with people around me, (Absolue Poir le Soir, Muscs Koublai Kahn, HdP's Petroleum for example) and they ended up being received quite well, and I began to really enjoy them, and found them to be much more versatile than I would have initially thought.

Try it out a time or two in public, and you might find that it's much more suitable and comfortable than you currently perceive it to be.
    Last edited by Partario; 6th February 2013 at 02:09 AM.

If applied small quantities (2-3 sprays), quite suitable for casual wear.

I think it is great for casual wear.

Very.

"...my first impression was really bad. It was aggressively sweet with some disturbing undertones, I had to wash it off after 2 hours since the drydown wasn't really satisfying either. "

This. I know exactly what you mean. Too sweet, nothing great in the drydown either. It sits in a shoebox in the closet with a couple other unfortunate blind buys that I refuse to wear again. There's just too many other satisfyng scents out there that blow BK away.