Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Original Vertiver Vs Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Tobacco Vanille.

You really should try the Amouage Homage and Tribute Attars before making a blind purchase as the recent reformulations aren't that great and its not as good as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    You really should try the Amouage Homage and Tribute Attars before making a blind purchase as the recent reformulations aren't that great and its not as good as it used to be.
    How bad did they get dumbed down? I smelled a recent (I assume) bottle of Homage and Tribute and they were both pretty good.

Basenotes Member Carvalho Diablo's Avatar
    Pompadour Cosmetique Company, Baker Street

As others have said, two totally different scents.

Personally, I love OV. Fresh, green, juicy.

I literally scrubbed TFTV off me. It was SO completely overpoweringly sweet with vanilla that it made me baulk. Like bathing in a vat of fudge.
    ***My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world : those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.***

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Dude those are insanely good prices. Get the Homage! I would snap up one (or all three) at those prices no questions asked. Tribute is awesome too. You can get the Creed and the Tom Ford at much cheaper prices online any day. You'll never get a chance to snag those attars at such a fantastic price anywhere else though.

Haha, I'd pay your parents to pick those up for me if you didn't jump on them. Man, I should see if I can get my return flight to Japan rerouted through Dubai.

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO the attars last just as long as the TF, it will take you about the same amount of time to use them (or longer), and quality of scent wise trash almost everything TF has to offer (including TV).

That's a matter of opinion. I'll take Tobacco Vanille over nearly anything on the market a because that's a favorite of mine.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by MoPAT View Post
    Ok guys, BIG game change - and i know i probably sound like a really confused person, but the dubai duty free has the Amouage attars at the following prices:

Amouage Homage attar (12ml) - $230
    Amouage Tribute attar (12ml) - $214.72
    Amouage Asrar attar (12ml) - $133.06

I've heard fantastic things about Homage and Tribute, but are those reasonable prices?? After reading the various responses, and checking out the split-buy section, i'm definitely considering doing a split-buy for either Creed OV/ Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. It just seems like a shame to let my parents pass through all of that perfume without nabbing something from that treasure chest. What do you guys think ?
    As a response to your original question I would go for TV. I've been very underwhelmed by all the Creed fragrances I have tried.

They also have an amazing range of the Amouage fragrances, I think the 50mls were selling for about $160 the last time I was there. I would go for something like JXXV instead of the TV.

Since you already have Mugler Cologne, you should check out Tobacco Vanille. Decent scent. For the price you have for it in your thread, you might as well sample it first in Neiman Marcus, Saks or any of those high end stores. That way, you will know if you even like it.
    Currently wearing: Le Vetiver Itasca by Lubin