Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Wednesday 6th Feb 2013

Good morning all !. SotD is Xerjoff Fiore D'Ulivo.

Congratulations Herr easyfish !

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 6th February 2013 at 09:33 AM.

Default Re: SotD: Wednesday 6th Feb 2013

EASYFISH! Well done our lovely friend.

Morning Jon. I am joining you (from yesterday) in Ormond Jayne Montabaco from the Four Corners of the Earth series. Montabaco is Latin America, leather, suede, wood and tobacco with magnolia, jasmine and rose.

So, here goes. The top notes are; Air note, orange absolute, bergamot, juniper, clary sage, cardamom. The top notes are fabulous. The overall vibe being dry woody. We will see how it goes.

Well Quarry, you did ask!! (Sorry to bore the pants off those of you who couldn't care less ). Well the new pipework and boiler are installed, the bathroom was totally stripped out and the new one is in, the plastering is done, the travertine floor is down , the oak floor is in progress, the tiling is partially done, the sparky is in today, and we are doing the nice jobs, like painting. Is "Elephants Breath" just not the nicest name for a paint shade that you have ever heard?

Congrats to Herr easyfish!
    I'm reeking of Shalimar vintage Extrait, a hefty dose only appropriate for home use. It's the smokey vanilla thing I'm craving.
    Best to all or as G. puts it 'Happy hump day!"

Wide awake in the middle of the night and having some cocoa to try to get sleepy again. Will wear Noir Divin today, I think. Happy Hump Day to all!

Morning All,

Congrats on the posting milestone, Easyfish !
    Well done on the home-reno, Foustie. I have some DIY jobs that need doing if you should find yourself at a loose end.

Tabac Blond for the hump day.

Best to all.

........Bonjour! Thank you, good sirs, kind ladies!

.........Habit Rouge, vintage EDT (square bottle)

Goooood morning!

I'm wearing my sample of Creed Virgin Island Water. It's helping chase the winter blues away a little.

Serge Lutens Fourreau Noir for me

All hail easyfish! Congrats on 4000 posts!

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille for hump day deliciousness.

Basenotes Plus

Congrats to Easyfish on the posting milestone!

Aquolina Pink Sugar for me today, best to all.

image.jpg
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

G Nejman Emir

queen of the universe

Dealing with ornery 4th graders today. Ralph Hot in all it's breakfast-at-Dennys glory will pull me through.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Big congratulations to easyfish on his posting milestone, I am always enjoying your pictures and your commentary that both make me think of you as a very harmonious poster.

La Perla Prive. Things are not very easy at home for me -- again -- not quality life but I am coping.

Hello all. JHAG Citizen Queen.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Big congratulations to easyfish on his posting milestone, I am always enjoying your pictures and your commentary that both make me think of you as a very harmonious poster.

La Perla Prive. Things are not very easy at home for me -- again -- not quality life but I am coping.
    Ah sorry to hear this Twolf. Hope things get better for you very soon!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Opium Pour Homme edp

Blog Entries

SotD - Chergui by Serge Lutens (from yuyu15's decant, thanks!)

Hello everyone -

I'm back in Chanel 1932 for ballet this morning. Y'all have a great day!

(((Wolfie))) ...sigh, you sure do deserve a break. I hope one comes your way soon. xoxo (You smell wonderful, by the way. Now I'm looking forward to wearing mine soon ...it's been too long.)

Congratulations to easyfish on your fantastic milestone! Here's to you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Ah, TWolf, I am sorry you are having struggles and hope you have some relief soon...Please remember to take care of yourself, too.

Today Neil Morris City Rain. Bought this for the summer, and it is more summery but was just feeling a little floral today.

Smile Re: SotD: Wednesday 6th Feb 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone For this cold winthersday I`m in Hypnotic Poison. Second day in a row now. I`m sorry to hear you`re having a hard time ((Twolf )). Congrats to Easyfish !!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Returning to Creed Bois du Portugal this more seasonably mild SE Florida morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

happy is the bleu heart<3

Well, I'm off to the eye surgery center this morning for my cataract removal. I feel old. <big sigh> I'm wearing a tiny spritz of Cuir Lancome for the occasion.

hugs to all (especially Twolf!) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hugs to Twolf and shades!

SotD is Laura Ashley No. 1.

Basenotes Institution

Hope the surgery goes well S! ((bear hugs))
    Foustie, that is going to be the name of my next band, 'Elephants Breath', LOL

Samsara Eau de parfum by Guerlain (from a sample - thanks jj54)

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Shades, I hope things go smoothly for you.

((((Twolf))))

Foustie, I began typing "paint color elephan" and Google filled in the rest. Is that color located near the travertine? They would seem complimentary. Feathering one's nest is just so darned exciting. I've forgotten which frags PerfumeLady prefers, but I remember distinctly that she got a new metal roof last year. The other day I was revisiting Brielle's house in my mind (she put me up when I attended the Boston meet-up). I look forward to hearing about your hanging pictures and placing your beloved objets d'art. But, umm, what's a sparky?

Congratulations, EasyFish, on 4,000 posts.

I'm a big fan of your artful finds.

Giving Mona di Orio's Tubereuse a fair trial. Its top notes are challengingly stinky-good, not quite horsey or fecal, but slightly like rotting compost with sweet fruit. Those notes fade pretty quickly, but they're kind of a hoot. When DH or DD encounter me later, I think they may furrow their brows. No, it's not Mom's usual, but Mom gets bored, and she can travel the scent trail less traveled every once in a while. Today, that's a sweet, buttery floral.

Good afternoon.

SotD is wonderful Une Fleur de Cassie from a sample I was jealously keeping, only to find it half evaporated!!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Roberto- oooohh, you smell so goooood

(((Twolf)))

Good luck with your surgery, shadesofblue. Cuir can be so comforting...

Iodine - I know your pain. May I join you?

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien EdT. Have a wonderful one, everyone!

Congratulations, Easyfish!

Shades, good luck with the cataract surgery. Speedy recovery!

Twolf, I’m always sending good wishes your way. Things will turn around soon.

Foustie, I enjoy reading about the house re-do, too. It’s exciting.

SotD is Eau de Joy. B-belle didn’t like yesterday’s Mania. I think it was the incensey quality that turned him off. At least it didn’t make him cranky like some chypres do. He likes florals – tuberose, jasmine. I’m buttering him up by wearing Joy today. I will have to find a new tuberose fragrance, too, one of these days.

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone! It's snowing this morning, must have gotten 3 inches already,
    and doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon.

Congrats, Easyfish on reaching 4,000 posts!!!

(((( Twolf and Shadesofbleu))))

Wearing Thierry Mugler Alien.

Wishing all a good day!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Well, I'm off to the eye surgery center this morning for my cataract removal

I see no good reason not to indulge with the dangerously addictive OJ Tsarina again this evening.

Thinking of you, Wolfie.

Blog Entries

Yay, hump day!

Congrats to easyfish, hugs to Twolf, & good luck vibes to shades.

Kilwia & mike, you both smell fab!

Q, a "sparky" is an electrician.

SOTD was Archives 69 by ELd'O, from a now-finished sample. l don't normally do fruit, but something about this fruity, peppery, light incense is very pleasant, & it strikes me as a nice summer incense. lf only it were summer.

This evening l'm sampling Montale's Dark Aoud; dark medicine cabinet, more like!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Oh I am in heaven!! A very generous
    perfumista over on POL just sent me a
    huge amount of samples and a small bottle of
    Samsara in return for some that I sent to him.

I am testing Hermes Voyage EDT and finding it very
    interesting.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Congrats to easyfish! Your presence here adds brightness and joy, I always look forward to your posts!

Foustie, "Elephant's breath" sounds like it must be a lovely pale grey color. Will give you a wonderful canvas upon which to decorate. I'm liking your choices very much, come help me with my place any time! And Quarry is almost right, we did get a new metal roof (in black, I'm a black and white kinda gal, do love those neutrals!) but it was just finished up last week. Only got started in early December as all our construction crews have been behind due to the severely nasty summer storms we had. Waiting for a pretty day to get you a pic, Quarry! I think you'll be proud. Next up, gutters and shutters. Give me your tired and poor house re-modeling complaints folks, I have years of it ahead of me still. I will understand!

Big squeezy hugs to Twolf for comfort and to shades for good luck!

Well, Evangeline, I've now gotten myself stuck not just on Chanel but on 31 Rue Cambon in particular. Thought about you each time I got one of those fabulous puffs of sillage yesterday and giggled! I don't know if "Chanel rut" is an oxymoron but I'd have to be some kind of moron to have these beauties sitting here unworn, wouldn't I?

31 Rue Cambon again today!
    The nose wants what it wants!

A kiss for Wolfie *blow*
    No elephant paint, but Eau d'Elphant ce soir... aka Dzing! again.
    Best to all

Basenotes Plus

Larimar applying his SotE today

Hello all. Wow! - so many of my favourite frags on the thread today - 31 Rue Cambon, Hypnotic Poison, Cuir Lancome, Habit Rouge, Voyage - it smells great in here.

30Roses - is that the new No 1 or vintage? I have the new but have never smelt the older version so don't know how they compare.

Very many hugs for Twolf and Shades - wishing you both well.
    Congratulations easyfish!

Traversee du Bosphore for me today.

Wearing CBIHP's Smoky Tobacco today.

Hehe, Jon! Worse things could happen... Have you ever seen an elephant pee or shall we say flood the place?

Hi, all. I traveled for work a few days last week and came down with the flu. I was in bed (literally) for 3 days. I haven't been that sick since I was a kid. My goodness. I'm up and working from home now, but I probably won't venture back to the office until Friday. I hope all of you have been able to avoid it this year.

Congratulations to easyfish on 4,000!

Hugs and thoughts of peace and healing to Twolf and shades.

Today is only my second day back in fragrance since getting knocked for six. Yesterday's SotD was Organza Indecence, today is Sonoma Scent Studio Fig Tree. I heard robins yesterday and today. It seems too early, but the trees are starting to show buds, so the birds probably have it right. Hoping for rain to go with this spring weather.

Donna, Citizen Queen was my first REAL perfume purchase. Still love love it.

I am wearing Strip by AgentP. I fell in love with it a year or so ago, and was crushed to hear it was discontinued. After scouring everywhere (ebay, internet, marshalls, etc) for it, I gave up. Then I found someone selling it on ebay a couple weeks ago. SCORE!

CONGRATS Easyfish!!

Sounds horrible, ExtremeK. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Amouage Basmah Attar

Been in SL Vitriol Oeillet (?sp) very different from SLs usual stonking big fruity spicy orientals yet carnation lends itself to that style so well. Actually I really enjoyed it today, closer to the smell of garden pinks and simply floral. Hated this the first time I tested, will give it the best of three.

My best to all

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE:

Midnight In Paris, edp.

My Creed love in white arrived, so of course I immediately spritzed myself this evening.

Very fresh, very appropriate for spring. My husband is completely in love with it. Lasted only about 4 hours though, before needing a refresh. Still, I can see this coming out for spring time brunches and being a real crowd pleaser.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Well, Evangeline, I've now gotten myself stuck not just on Chanel but on 31 Rue Cambon in particular. Thought about you each time I got one of those fabulous puffs of sillage yesterday and giggled! I don't know if "Chanel rut" is an oxymoron but I'd have to be some kind of moron to have these beauties sitting here unworn, wouldn't I? ...31 Rue Cambon again today!
    Well, if it is a rut it's one I'm delighted to be sharing with you ...I really don't know how I've resisted that 31RC so far, but I do know you smell simply divine! I'm still in Chanel too, a beautiful cloud of No5. I started with the heavenly bath soap, then some moisture mist, next came a few dabs of 70s parfum, and I completed it with a generous spritz of 70s edc ...you're right, it's a very luxurious rut.

Thinking of you (((shades))), and sending more hugs your way. I hope everything went very well!

Eek, ExtremeK - so glad you're over that! I'll probably jinx myself for saying so, but I haven't had the flu in almost twelve years. I just can't imagine how I'd cope if I had to take to my bed (alone, that is ) for one whole day, much less three. And air travel seems to be the fastest way to get it, so I'm doubly lucky in that regard. I credit lots of vitamin C and green tea ...but I'm knocking wood anyway.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all -
    Sorry I have not been around here much, but it's good to see you all!

Today my SOTD was JoAnne Bassett's natural perfume creation for the Midsummer Night's Dream project, called Dark Mistress or Night Queen.

Cheers!

Poor ExremeK!! I know quite a few people here who have been sick with the flu. A friend just cancelled a date with me today because her husband has it now. I'm glad you're on the mend. This one has been a rough one.

Waving hello to Matildaben...

I'm wearing some vintage Revlon Jontue tonight. It smells so good!

Next week Lent begins, and I will not be around much. I will miss you! Sending you all love and kisses.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bowling Green tonight

- - - Updated - - -

Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    30Roses - is that the new No 1 or vintage? I have the new but have never smelt the older version so don't know how they compare.
    It's the original one. I was married wearing this scent!

I've read the notes on the new one and they don't sound anything at all like the old one-- I think they are not intended to smell similar.

I've just read that the new bottle looks the same as the old. If so, this is bad news, as it will be hard to distinguish the original from the new formulations.

Notes of the new formulation, from the Laura Ashley blog:

"Taking inspiration from the beloved 80’s original (we still receive tweets today from women who adored the fragrance) it has been reinvented for 2012 by prolific perfumer Azzi Glasser (the carefully trained nose behind an accolade of scents- Nicole Fahri and Jasper Conran just to name drop a few!). For today’s interpretation Azzi has used the finest ingredients to create an evocative scent with top notes of cassis, victorian plum, violet leaves, marshmallow and green water stem. Heart notes of wild bluebell, purple rose, white gardenia and chamomile provide a beautiful floral aroma, whilst base notes of sandalwood, patchouli oil and creamy musk, complement the blend perfectly."
    http://blog.lauraashley.com/in-the-w...no1-fragrance/

Notes of the original:

Here's what the leaflet inside the box of the original Laura Asjhley No 1 says about the perfume notes:

"Laura Ashley No. 1: At the insistence of Bernard Ashley, only the very finest essences of Moroccan rose, Italian iris, and French jasmine are combined to give this fragrance a predominantly floral note--first impressions on spraying the skin are of fresh green jacinthe and delicate orange blossom. Aromatic, herbal tones, such as cedarwood, basil and cinnamon mix with this floral base providing a lasting but subtle perfume. Noss
    [sic], oak and alpine lichens add a sweeter musky touch to this fresh, light and feminine scent."

I've also seen the notes listed this way:

Top notes: peach, hyacinth, bergamot, gardenia, galbanum
    Heart notes: narcissus, rose, jasmine, orchid, clove, carnation
    Base notes: sandalwood, musk, vanilla, cyclamen

and Fragrantica has this list:

peach, bergamot, orange blossom, gardenia, galbanum, narcissus, rose, jasmine, orchid, love, carnation, cinnamon, basil, sandalwood, musk, vanilla, cyclamen and oakmoss.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 7th February 2013 at 04:24 AM.

V&R Antidote