Code of Conduct

Default Pierre Cardin Cologne

I realise that the answer to this question is probably In the fragrance directory, but it's still down.

Does anybody know how the current version of Pierre Cardin Cologne compares to the original? Does it smell the same or has it been tweaked?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Pierre Cardin Cologne

I'd also be interested to hear comments on this one.

If it is the same one, I used to wear this as my signature scent many, many years ago (35+) - brilliant stuff then..... wonder what I'd feel about it now?

As far as I remember it does. It's interesting that this has been around for so long yet it seems to have maintained its integrity.

Basenotes Plus

Is this the same as Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur? I still have a bottle of the vintage - it's pretty amazing considering the price tag. I have not seen the recent ones though. Any pic?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the same as Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur? I still have a bottle of the vintage - it's pretty amazing considering the price tag. I have not seen the recent ones though. Any pic?

Had this back in the day. Was a good one back then.

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    I'd also be interested to hear comments on this one.

If it is the same one, I used to wear this as my signature scent many, many years ago (35+) - brilliant stuff then..... wonder what I'd feel about it now?
    I loved it. Used to get it from a Pierre Cardin boutique in Bradford.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I bought a small bottle a couple years ago and as far as I could tell, it was pretty much the same as what I wore in the '80s.

I tried the new one as a newbie, just a spray when I was in a dept. store, and though the longevity was poor. I suggest having patience and getting vintage on ebay. Look for one made by Tsumura.

I don't know about the vintage, but I think the current version is excellent although not as strong as I would like. Orlane's Derrick is similar and stronger (and dirt cheap).

I got a 8oz bottle of this on sale after the holidays at walgreens for like 9 bucks after taxes...It smells fantastic, not sure what original was like, but longevity for me is superb, and I have dry skin which makes most cologne longevity go bye bye. Just found a stick of this deodorant at my local tj maxx this week too only $3 !! I really enjoy having matching deodorants with my scents! Bottom line, yes I think you should add this to your collection, especially as cheap as it is.

Thanks guys.

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I realise that the answer to this question is probably In the fragrance directory, but it's still down.

Does anybody know how the current version of Pierre Cardin Cologne compares to the original? Does it smell the same or has it been tweaked?

Thanks in advance guys.
    I bought some recently in the local Carrefour hypermarket for only €18, (100ml edt). It's now made by Coty. I'm really glad to say that it has not changed one little bit. Still a sensational "barbershop" feel fragrance and at a great price.
    ......incredible silliage and longetivy !
    I also have Derrick, but personally see no similarities whatsoever.
    Last edited by david; 7th February 2013 at 03:29 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I bought some recently in the local Carrefour hypermarket for only €18, (100ml edt). It's now made by Coty. I'm really glad to say that it has not changed one little bit. Still a sensational "barbershop" feel fragrance and at a great price.
    ......incredible silliage and longetivy !
    I also have Derrick, but personally see no similarities whatsoever.
    Thanks for that David

Roja Dove