Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: No national nor international shipping of fragrances from July 15th 2013!

The situation hasnt changed so far as I know. I think a lot of people take the risk though but obviously its a gamble.

Default Re: No national nor international shipping of fragrances from July 15th 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    The situation hasnt changed so far as I know. I think a lot of people take the risk though but obviously its a gamble.
    Thanks, would be interested in hearing if people have managed to do it successfully (as you say some take the risk) and with which carrier.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Anyone from UK that's had success in shipping out fragrances??? If someone has, can you please share wither here or thru PM on how / which service was used? Thx.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    It's been quite a while since anyone posted an updated to the postage restrictions for fragrances been sent from the UK to international destinations.

Is there another way (yet) to do this or are UK Basenoters still not able to post abroad in any way? Just wondering if there is any new info...
    Does anyone in the UK know why it would be fine for someone in the US to purchase bottles of Liquor from UK websites and have them sent to the US (I do it all the time, just received about 5 liters, and they arrive usually in 5 days) but not fragrances, given that both are alcohol products? It seems strange, or am I missing something?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Does anyone in the UK know why it would be fine for someone in the US to purchase bottles of Liquor from UK websites and have them sent to the US (I do it all the time, just received about 5 liters, and they arrive usually in 5 days) but not fragrances, given that both are alcohol products? It seems strange, or am I missing something?
    I guess that due to the higher alcohol volume found in fragrances, they may be more flammable in case of an accident. Personally, I think this argument is rubbish. Years ago, I had a decant I ordered from Italy destroyed because Royal Mail declared it was dangerous goods and didn't have the ID8000 label on it... madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    I guess that due to the higher alcohol volume found in fragrances, they may be more flammable in case of an accident. Personally, I think this argument is rubbish. Years ago, I had a decant I ordered from Italy destroyed because Royal Mail declared it was dangerous goods and didn't have the ID8000 label on it... madness.
    But some of my purchases have been for products that are 180 Proof or 90% alcohol which is greater than most fragrances.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    But some of my purchases have been for products that are 180 Proof or 90% alcohol which is greater than most fragrances.
    I think 90% liquor or alcohol for personal consumption as opposed to industrial applications is a very rare thing here in the UK, and the rough generalisation that heavy spirits are around 40% still holds (the strongest whiskey in my collection is just a touch under 52%). But still, I've no idea why Royal Mail insist on labelling fragrance as hazardous

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    I think 90% liquor or alcohol for personal consumption as opposed to industrial applications is a very rare thing here in the UK, and the rough generalisation that heavy spirits are around 40% still holds (the strongest whiskey in my collection is just a touch under 52%).
    I should have clarified that many of the alcoholic spirits I purchase from the UK retailers are not made in the UK but in other countries (thus perhaps the higher percentage of alcohol) and not available to purchase in the US. The funny thing is that these packages from the UK arrive with hazardous stickers on them also.
    Last edited by hednic; 16th January 2018 at 03:31 AM.

There are ways for businesses to send perfume outside the UK but not the regular Joe Public. I suspect the alcohol situation is the same in that private individuals cant ship alcohol either. I dare say they (Royal Mail) have greater traceability for business customers and have more faith in them adequately packing the items.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    I suspect the alcohol situation is the same in that private individuals cant ship alcohol either. I dare say they (Royal Mail) have greater trace ability for business customers and have more faith in them adequately packing the items.
    I think you're right about this. Anyway, I'm happy at least to be able to buy spirits from the UK not available in the US and be shipped here with no problems whatsoever.

my question is.... HOW DO THEY DETECT WHATS INSIDE ????????????????????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by User92 View Post
    my question is.... HOW DO THEY DETECT WHATS INSIDE ????????????????????
    Have you never been through airport security & looked at the screen when they scan your hand luggage? lt's amazing how detailed those images are.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.