Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Dependent Possum-Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Near Gettysburg
    Posts
    1,846
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by reveillee View Post
    I was reading your montale reviews on your website a couple days back Trebor. It was very depressing and made me worried quite a bit about discovering Montale. What do you consider your favorite oud scent that is reasonably priced?
    Everyone has different tastes...There are many of us on BN that enjoy Montale fragrances...Get a sampling from Luckyscent or PerfumedCourt and try for yourself.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

  2. #32
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,556

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    But you're missing at least 8-10 Montales...
    I'm trying to fill in the remaining gaps little by little!

  3. #33

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by reveillee View Post
    I was reading your montale reviews on your website a couple days back Trebor. It was very depressing and made me worried quite a bit about discovering Montale. What do you consider your favorite oud scent that is reasonably priced?
    There are at least 20 decent Montales to choose from but this house has released nearly one hundred fragrances, so their impact has been greatly diluted.

    I used to own Black Aoud, Aoud Lime, Aoud Queen Roses and Aoud Flowers before I grew sick and tired of oud fragrances. I also found Red Aoud too cloying but think that Royal Aoud and Attar are also worth investigating.

    I only own Blue Amber and Sweet Oriental Dream now.

  4. #34
    Dependent thatmakesscents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Left Coast , USA
    Posts
    1,543

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    I just purchased DARK AOUD last night...my first Montale. This morning I am wondering if I made a mistake "it's heavy" but something kept making me sniff my sample over and over again.

  5. #35
    Dependent Possum-Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Near Gettysburg
    Posts
    1,846
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I just purchased DARK AOUD last night...my first Montale. This morning I am wondering if I made a mistake "it's heavy" but something kept making me sniff my sample over and over again.
    Give it time, it is addicting.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

  6. #36
    Basenotes Plus
    Dernier_Cri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    480

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Never cared for Black Aoud.
    Do like Dark Aoud very much.

  7. #37
    Dependent chili_willi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,226

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Full Incense is easily my favorite and Red Vetyver is the runner up. Of the rest of the roughly 30 samples I tried some were boring, and many more were just plain bad. I really don't "get" their Aouds in general. Full Incense is, to this point, the only one I would consider for a full bottle.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  8. #38
    Power Where You Need It
    alfarom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,514

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Way too many disappointing frags in this range. I actually like a very few of them expecially considering the huge amount of fragrances they released so far but, my prize for the worst fragrance they delivered goes to Wood and Spices. This stuff is offensive


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  9. #39
    Freedom Factory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Between Madrid, BCN and London
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Full Incense is easily my favorite and Red Vetyver is the runner up...
    I love these two too!
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Homme by Prada

  10. #40

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    I have one sample from Montale - Cuir d'Arabie. Loathed it at first. I thought it stank. Then after months I tried it again and found myself disliking but wanting to try it every now and then. Now I love it!

    I have rejected most Montale's by sniffing them at the store. I just ordered a boat load of Montale samples so I can sample over a period of time and really see if I like or dislike it. Hope I am not disappointed.

  11. #41
    Power Where You Need It
    alfarom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,514

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I have one sample from Montale - Cuir d'Arabie.
    This is still their best by far, IMO.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  12. #42
    Dependent Possum-Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Near Gettysburg
    Posts
    1,846
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Most Disappointing Montale Scents

    Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I have one sample from Montale - Cuir d'Arabie. Loathed it at first. I thought it stank. Then after months I tried it again and found myself disliking but wanting to try it every now and then. Now I love it!

    I have rejected most Montale's by sniffing them at the store. I just ordered a boat load of Montale samples so I can sample over a period of time and really see if I like or dislike it. Hope I am not disappointed.
    Yes, when I first tried it I thought "Awful" like manure. but as time went on, I liked it more, and finally I bought a full bottle.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Similar Threads

  1. GIT - A3211NO1 - Disappointing.
    By Sniffa in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 31st March 2013, 03:05 PM
  2. Disappointing Creeds
    By CologneFan85 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10th February 2013, 09:45 PM
  3. Montale Scents & more...
    By narcus in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th August 2006, 04:27 AM
  4. Most Disappointing Fragrance Award
    By Dennis in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 16th January 2006, 05:25 AM
  5. Anyone tried the Montale scents ?
    By rjrober22 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 3rd October 2005, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000