I want to buy only one, so which one you recommend?
Canadians: I would like to trade for a decant of The 3rd Man by Caron. PM me.
Angeliques Sous La Pluie, at least there was some effort put into that composition. If you like angelica then this is just about the holy grail.
I've not tried Molecule 01, but I love the smell of ASLP.
But no kidding, when people say it's weak and does not last long, they aren't kidding. You'd have to be OK with the idea of paying Malle prices for something that's that fleeting, so I would not buy blind without realizing what you are getting into.
Or not, as it were.
Yeah, Angeliques Sous La Pluie is a masterpiece for about 10 minutes, then it gets extremely weak. It does last a couple of hours but it is unlikely to be noticed by anybody who isn't sniffing you thoroughly. I was kinda heartbroken when I decided to sell my bottle because of that issue as I totally love the spectacular beginning.
Seeing how easy something quite similar can be homemade, Molecule 01 is not worth the price imo.
Last edited by Nasenmann; 6th February 2013 at 09:56 PM.
Angeliques Sous La Pluie
Knowing what I know, or think I know, I'd just make my own Molecule 01. Wait, I've done that.
I sample/tested Angelique a couple summers back and jotted the folloiwng notes: sharp italian herbs moving quickly into pepper, then pretty much gone: nice while it lasted, but prohibitively fleeting; not a pursuit.
Sorry for the no-vote.
I enjoy M01 better. The ASLP is a nice soapy scent with a wet stone accord in the innards. While I like it, it wasn't FBW for me.
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Angeliques Sous La Pluie gets my vote.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Angeliques Sous La Pluie
I recently purchased 50mls of Bois D'Orage, Angelica plays a part, but I believe in this I have found my signature scent. I cannot recommend this highly enough,.