Code of Conduct

Default CREED Aventus and the misconception behind its longevity: Easy with the sprays!

First of all, what they say about it is true. This is by far the most complimented fragrance I have ever worn. I have never gotten as many unsolicited compliments as I have with Aventus. With that being said, be easy with the trigger.

My skin works well with CREED fragrances in terms of longevity; nothing too exceptional but slightly higher than average. When I first tested Aventus out I was very disappointed with the projection and longevity. After a long discussion on Basenotes and some holiday money, I decided to purchase a bottle.

I sprayed ONE full spray on my wrist and I was overwhelmed, I got 8-10 + hoursÖand most of the time it was still projecting! After messing around with quantity of sprays, I stuck with one to the neck and one spray to the wrist.

The biggest misconception with Aventus is its potency. It seems that the nose adapts very quickly to this scent. After the second time wearing it, I could no longer smell it after 30min. I decided to bump up the sprays to 2 on the neck and one on the wrist. Same story, within 30min I could barely smell it on myself.

Thanks to an unsolicited compliment from a female a week ago, I found out that more than 2+ sprays is way too much! The two girls asked me if I was the one who smelled so good, and wondered about how much I applied. It was 8 hours in and my 3 sprays were still forming a bubble around me. Granted the room was quite warm inside. The scent is very pleasing but I do not want to be the over-spraying guy.

I am actually very pleased that I will only use 1 Ė 1 Ĺ sprays considering how expensive it is. Before you bash itís longevity or the batch etcÖtest it out again and have someone else smell you 6-8 hours later.

Default Re: CREED Aventus and the misconception behind its longevity: Easy with the sprays!

You're right. The same holds true for Bleu de Chanel and Terre d'Hermes. 2-3 sprays and you're good.

Default Re: CREED Aventus and the misconception behind its longevity: Easy with the sprays!

I wore one spray on chest for a week. I never didn't not smell it. It was present for a full 12 hours, even after changing clothes. Too bad I don't like. Pineapple wore me out. Never got a word about it either. So I guess its your environment.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I wore one spray on chest for a week. I never didn't not smell it. It was present for a full 12 hours, even after changing clothes. Too bad I don't like. Pineapple wore me out. Never got a word about it either. So I guess its your environment.
    I've gotten more compliments on Aventus than anything else over the last 3 years. Random strangers, even. I'm a three spray guy. Evidently it's liquid gold on some of us. At least you had Cool Water! That one never worked for me.

A spray on each arm and one on the chest. I always get 12 hours of solid projection and then after its closer to the skin forever!

I always commented on threads about Aventus as being one of those frags you won't smell after a while but everyone else will.

Yup 1 spray does the trick. I find that the strangest thing about Creed fragrances is that they do not change at all, perhaps that's why it is hard to smell after a while.
    Fall/Winter Signature: Midnight in Paris EDP by Van Cleef & Arpels
    Spring/Summer Signature: Green Irish Tweed by Creed
    My Swap Thread

You haven't experienced Aventus properly until you've dipped yourself in a vat filled with it.

I will only make love with a woman if she is thoroughly coated with X02 batch.

Never have had a problem with this fragrance and longevity.

Blog Entries

Oh goody, another Aventus thread!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Haha, that's brilliant!
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

20 or more this morning..they call me "the bomb"!
    ...This used to be real estate.....Now it's only fields and trees......Where, where is the town now?
    It's nothing but flowers......

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I never didn't not smell it.
    Huh? Triple negative?

I know what you mean OP. I wear this to class sometimes, and I am always sure to go light on the trigger so that I don't choke anyone out. Sometimes it fades in and out for me, but I know not to reapply.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Oh goody, another Aventus thread!
    Oh goody, another pointless comment in an Aventus thread!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post

Oh goody, another pointless comment in an Aventus thread!
    I'm so sorry I dared to criticize Creed Aventus. I guess it is like criticizing someone's religion. It just isn't done in civilized company

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I'm so sorry I dared to criticize Creed Aventus. I guess it is like criticizing someone's religion. It just isn't done in civilized company
    You were obviously intrigued enough to comment...

The bad thing is I can't enjoy it as much as I'd want. It lasts a while and others around me notice it, but it sucks not being able to get off on it even when I bury my nose into my sprayed arm lets say like 3-4 hours into it. And this happens everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    but it sucks not being able to get off on it
    ummm think that aventus loving just reached a new level
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    You were obviously intrigued enough to comment...
    Touche! LOL I just love pulling the chain of Creed-Lovers...they squeal so loudly!! BTW I own and enjoy GIT and Aventus...

[IMG]http://***********************/instances/400x/25285891.jpg[/IMG]

The thing that annoys people, is perhaps not the number of threads on Aventus, but the insane amount of threads telling us the same things, over and over and over and over and over and over and over.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................. and over and over and over AGAIN.

We get it, there have been batch issues with it, people like it and give compliments, it is potent and people have problems with olfactory fatigue. I think that covers it
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    ummm think that aventus loving just reached a new level
    ...don't even get me started on what I'd do when Dior Homme Intense reaches my nostrils.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I've gotten more compliments on Aventus than anything else over the last 3 years. Random strangers, even. I'm a three spray guy. Evidently it's liquid gold on some of us. At least you had Cool Water! That one never worked for me.
    Yeah Chuck I was surprised. Because there are very few scents that I can really feel are projecting off of me and this was one...which I like if not overbearing. And in the train, on the sidewalks, in the elevators, at work, at home...not one peep. I can see here at this law firm because it is conservative and people may have "harassment" thoughts on the brain but still surprised. I wish I found one that projected like this, I liked more, and got me the looks I had with CW in the early 90s. I'd stop looking. What is funny is that the pineapple overwhelmed when I first tested it but I had to give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Huh? Triple negative?
    I know. When writing it I kept trying to change it but overall I just wanted to convey that is was "ever present"...hey, that worked better.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 7th February 2013 at 02:38 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I totally agree with the OP on his thoughts. Less is more with Aventus.

There are other frags that this practice strictly applies to them. Here they are :

- Bentley for men Intense
    - Bleu de chanel
    - LDGE

P.S : My intention was not to resurrect an Aventus thread, but to rather comment on the "less is more" theory instead !
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 20th November 2013 at 05:01 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

OP there are many threads dealing with this very topic:

Having said that, Aventus lasts a long time but it's completely generic after a while and for most of its life.
    Attached Images Attached Images

O.P. started the thread in February and hasn't visited it since (unless the controversy was still raging on Huddler), so we'll close it.

For the record, my testing of Aventus concluded that longevity is not an issue.