Code of Conduct

Default Another Acqua... Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale

I guess they just had the release party for this one yesterday. The nose is Alberto Morillas which is encouraging. On the top we have mint and lemon leaf; middle notes are geranium, rosemary, lavender and sea notes; base notes are patchouli, vetiver, musk and labdanum. But honestly, when will these companies learn that just slapping the word Acqua or Aqua on a bottle it's going to be popular... and then Ferragamo goes further and adds Essenziale.. didn't we just have Acqua Essenza?

I will try it, and I'm trying not to have any preconceived notions... but time will tell. Your thoughts?
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Default Re: Another Acqua... Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale

Sample alert!

Pass.

Bought this today to replace the bottle of Bleu de Chanel. Acqua is nothing less than a 90% copy of Bleu. The Chanel fragrance is extremely popular all over the world hence the attack of the clones was a matter of time.

Acqua imitates Bleu in every aspect virtually, from the citrusy opening to minty green dry down, being a bit less opulent and more linear. The sillage and longevity are both above average. A well done (and cheaper!) alternative!

By the way Acqua Essenziale to Bleu is the same thing as Versace Pour Homme to Allure Homme Sport. Both are created by Alberto Morillas.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Just included on my sampling list too.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Bought this today to replace the bottle of Bleu de Chanel. Acqua is nothing less than a 90% copy of Bleu. The Chanel fragrance is extremely popular all over the world hence the attack of the clones was a matter of time.

Acqua imitates Bleu in every aspect virtually, from the citrusy opening to minty green dry down, being a bit less opulent and more linear. The sillage and longevity are both above average. A well done (and cheaper!) alternative!

By the way Acqua Essenziale to Bleu is the same thing as Versace Pour Homme to Allure Homme Sport. Both are created by Alberto Morillas.

I'm Alberto Morillas didn't make Allure Homme Sport, do your homework. Chanel in house perfumer Jacques Polge did. Get it together

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    I'm Alberto Morillas didn't make Allure Homme Sport, do your homework. Chanel in house perfumer Jacques Polge did. Get it together
    I think he means that Morillas made both Acqua Essenziale and Versace PH (allegedly very similar to Chanel Bleu and AHS, respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I think he means that Morillas made both Acqua Essenziale and Versace PH (allegedly very similar to Chanel Bleu and AHS, respectively).
    Yes, I clearly meant that both Versace PH and SF Acqua Essenziale are creations of Alberto Morillas.

I just got a chance to try this and I'm not getting much Bleu de Chanel at all. There is a little similarity on the dry down with the labdanum, but it's a stretch to my nose.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I own 2 Ferragamos, they are good, but I seldom use them. Also F by Ferragamo was more rosy and woody when it came out, The recent bottle I bought and tested in stores, has a very watered down synthetic lavender note no rosey apple notes I feel. Attimo is like Gucci pour Gucci homme but not as interesting.

Not a fan of chanel bleu, so this will be a pass for me.

I do get the Bleu de chanel vibe (minus the woody part; Acqua is mostly the top and heart notes of Bleu). Its a good release for summer, certainly much better than all these Summer versions from different brands, that flood the market in the last 1-2 years.

This is not encouraging. Alberto Morillas also made Eau d'Italie's Acqua Decima, which I am looking forward to trying.

Am i the only one on earth that thinks Bleu de Chanel is overrated?

Does this smell like Polo Sport to anyone?

I get mostly Bleu de Chanel out of it as well. I like it and wore it often this past Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Does this smell like Polo Sport to anyone?
    Absolutely not.