Code of Conduct

Question Egoiste Concentree....how does it compare ?

I am having a horrible experience at the moment. I have used the regular Egoiste in the past and have always been a little bit on the fence about it, (it being very strong vanilla and spices). I have a miniature bottle, (definitely vintage variety) and about an hour ago I put two tiny dabs on my neck. It has become a monster !......I feel nauseous.....it seems very cloying and overly strong. My stomach is churning....it's that bad !!!
    .......so tell me please, (lol) how pray is the concentree version ?
    Will it knock me clean out ? Or is it richer, smoother and less "brash" ?
    I must admit it seems to work that way with Tuscany. The Tuscany Forte is much smoother and richer....less harsh than the regular stuff. Is that how Egoiste concentree works ?
    I would be very grateful for your insight. The shop that has Egoiste Concentree does not have a tester, so I am relying on your guidance !
    Now I have to go and scrub this one off. It really is that bad.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Egoiste Concentree....how does it compare ?

I have not tried this version, I only have half a bottle of the vintage original.

I've just checked on Fragrantica and it says 'richer, darker and more opulent'. It gets very good reviews too.

Hope you managed to wash it off, it's the ones we don't like that always seem to resist being washed off.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I'm fortunate enough to have both of these, Egoiste & Egoiste Concentree (19 ml splash). The Concentree is absolutely a marvelous scent. To me, the basics are a darker orange-like citrus, subtle spice, with a creamy sandalwood evident from almost the get-go. Very smooth. I would not use the word 'brash' in any way to describe the Concentree other than 'polar opposite of'.

This is one of those scents on eBay that are commanding quite the hefty price. I can see why and I will cherish my little bottle... well, about as much as a grown man may cherish such things

edit: I would not hesitate for a second, get the Concentree. Many here would probably be more than happy to take it off your hands if it doesn't work out for you.

I prefer the concentree over the non-concentree also.

Thanks once again to you all for your help. I'm wondering if anyone else here finds the regular Egoiste edt so harsh and strong ?
    No offence is meant to fans of this fragrance. I always wanted to really love this one so I will keep trying.....and see if I fare better with the concentree version.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Sometimes the origjnal irritates myi sinuses, so I don't wear it very often.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I prefer the latest reformulation of the EDT, because it's not as heavy as the vintage and cologne concentree. Though, the EDT can still be overpowering when over-sprayed; that's why I only do 1/2 spray on each side of my neck whenever I wear it.

I would suggest trying the reformulation, which is a bit lighter. If the vintage choked you out, then the concentrée will probably make you pass out. OK probably not, but it is definitely harsher in the top notes (for me) than vintage edt, which I have also tried. It is such that I have to try not to smell it when I wear it for at least 30 minutes. But then at that point the concentrée becomes magical, and it is clear that the quality is a notch above vintage edt.
    So in short, in terms of quality:
    concentrée>vintage>reformulation
    but in terms of lightness and wearability, you may want to reverse that order.