Code of Conduct

Default Scent most like Curve

I think L'Homme somewhat smells the same, and D&G smells like a more expensive version. I also heard that hanae mori HiM smells the same too. What do you guys suggest?

Default Re: Scent most like Curve

Curve starts with a bright fresh blast, a little citrus too. It's not too sweet or bubble gummy like 1 million. In the dry down I get some woods, but not strong like Polo pine, but in a nice clean way. In my opinion, it is a scent that is much better than it's price tag.

I can't think of anything that is exactly like it. Some have compared it to GIT, but that's not a fair comparison. They are different. Others have compared it to cool water, but I have never smelled cool water.

I think Curve just might be the most misunderstood scent of all time. I own 2 bottles: one is the old Claiborne version and one is the recent EA version (though they smell remarkably similar). I've worn it for many years and as recently as this week.

Curve is mossy. It doesn't smell anything like l'homme, D&G PH, or HiM - each of which I enjoy, particularly HiM.

I'm not going to suggest it's the greatest fragrance ever made. Oh, god no. But it gets me a ridiculous amount of compliments and nothing else smells like it, which is pretty noteworthy considering the sea of sameness that is so common in men's scents. For the price, it's almost impossible to beat.

Curve often gets a bad rap from people who know the name but haven't smelled it in years and make the mistake of thinking it smells like Fierce or smells like Platinum Egoiste or who knows what else. I think a lot of the Curve flankers have a same-ness about them (sort-of), and many Claiborne scents have a drydown that is similar to Curve. Clearly, there's a Claiborne base at play. But Curve is a unique scent. Nothing else smells like it.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Curve is a very unique cologne. Synthetic, but a true compliment magnet on the right person. Alas, I was not that person and it failed on my skin. I've known people from 16 to 60 who rock it extremely well and get compliments galore. VIVA CURVE!!

Quite unpleasant IMO.

Very simple scent but also very unique.

I'd say Bond no. 9 Riverside Drive is like a niche version of Curve. Great scent that fans of fresh scents should check out.

CologneFan85

Classic already

Banned
    Blog Entries

nothing.uncomparable and great if applied right

To my nose Mont Blanc Legend is "similar."

Fierce has the same feel to it, but Curve is one of those fragrances that's so chemically synthetic that you could compare it more to some concoction made in a high school chem lab. With that being said I still and will always like the smell of Curve.

Ck eternity. It is nothing like l'homme or hanae mori or dg.

Curve smells like a knockoff Chanel platinum egoiste....cheap and synthetic
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Curve and Eternity are very similar in my opinion. Green, mossy, and annoying.

I would say Lucky You is pretty close in the opening, so is Adidas Moves and Versace pH.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Basenotes Junkie

The only two I repeatedly hear it being compared to are A&F Feirce and Chanels' Platinum Egoiste. Haven't smelled either so I personally can't comment on the similarities. I do own Curve though, and like to wear it every once in a while when I just want to smell nice. CAN"T BEAT THE PRICE.

A&F Fierce smells a lot like Curve. I think True Religion smells similar but better.

no comparison, Curve is unique and the fact the high end brands like A&F and Mont Blanc are making pale imitations is evidence that Claiborne accidentally made a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    no comparison, Curve is unique and the fact the high end brands like A&F and Mont Blanc are making pale imitations is evidence that Claiborne accidentally made a masterpiece.
    A masterpiece indeed. Possibly the most underrated popular frag.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock