Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default What is your staple Spring and Summmer fragrance?

What is your staple Spring and Summmer fragrance?

Today was beautifully sunny in Vancouver, Canada, and that got me looking forward to spring and summer scents. I'm thinking of picking up Serge Lutens Un Lys for spring and Diptyque Philosykos for summer. What about you? Will you be purchasing something new or using an old favourite?

Default Re: What is your staple Spring and Summmer fragrance?

Too many to note. But the first few to come to mind is Millesime Imperial, Bergamatto Marino and Neroli Portifino.

Vintage Diorissimo, vintage Mme. Rochas, Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert Extreme, Jacomo Silences, and Clarins Eau Dynamisante are all spring/summer staples. I don't know what 2013 will bring!

queen of the universe

Weil de Weil for a bitter and bracing green with a huge dose of narcissus, described in the Bois de Jasmin blog as "the smell of a swamp in paradise" for one, Oscar de la Renta's Volupté for another, a delicious summery green by Sophia Grojsman—need I say more?
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

queen of the universe

Weil de Weil, a bitter and bracing green with a huge dose of narcissus, described in the Bois de Jasmin blog as "the smell of a swamp in paradise" for one, Oscar de la Renta's Volupté for another, a delicious summery green by Sophia Grojsman—need I say more?
    Last edited by jujy54; 10th February 2013 at 02:27 AM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

For spring; Diorissimo, Carnal Flower, Un Matin d'Orage & Narcisse Noir. l'd also love a bottle or decant of Carillon pour un Ange for this year.

For summer; Virgin lsland Water, lntense Tiare, Aloha Tiare, Jasmin Full, Brasil Dream & Sheer Stella. And l might need a bottle of Maui by MCMC Fragrances soon.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Member

Not in any order:
    Concentre D'Orange Verte, Eau D'Hadrian, Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Fleur De Liane, Eau Dynamisante, Eau Ressourcante, Escale A Portofino, Creed Original Vetiver, Ninfeo Mio, Songes, Premier Figuier, Chanel no.19, Acqua Di Parma Iris Nobile, Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Absolue.

These have been the hits for this spring/ summer season - now I'm looking forward to a lot of spicy oriental stuff for autumn/winter.

I kind of have a few that I'll be wearing more in the spring/summer, but I have worn them in the dead of winter at times when I've needed a pick-me-up:

Bvlgari au the blanc
    Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
    Acqu di parma mandorlo di sicilia
    Creed love in white
    Amouage Honour woman
    Hermes Osmanthus yunnan

- - - Updated - - -

And I have two more I'm planning to buy on my way to a beach holiday next week:

Chanel Cristalle eau verte
    Hermes Un Jardin sur de Nil

Short list, until I have more time to think about it:

Cristalle
    Silences
    Eau d'Hadrian
    Diorissimo (of course!)
    Carven Vetiver
    Cologne Imperiale by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

In no particular order: Annick Goutal's Fovaril, Eau de Ciel, Eau de Sud, Eau d'Hadrien edp & edt. The different company's Sublime Balkiss, Chanel's Beige, Cristalle Eau Vert, No 5 Eau Premeier, Guerlain's Chamade, Hermes' Eau des Mervielles & Eau Claire des Mervielles, L'Artisans' Mure et Musc, Mure et Musc Extreme, La Chasse aux Papillion Extreme, The Pour un été, Dzing!, Serge Lutens' Juex de Peau, Bois de Violette, cbihateperfume Violet Empire.

And lots of rose scents: Creed Fleur de the rose bulgari....

got to run......my daughter is sick at school

I'm thinking of getting mimosa LAP or AG for spring, have not decided yet which one of those.

Sycomore has been my all-season everyday scent since I started wearing it last summer. I love how fresh it feels in Spring and Summer, yet feels substantial enough in Fall and Winter. In warmer weather, most recently, I've found I like to alternate with Dyptique Oyedo. In years past, I've also really enjoyed Guerlain Pamplelune and Mandarine Basilic.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

here are some of mine...

Sous Le Vent
    Diorella
    Eau De Guerlain
    Helmut Lang EDC
    Derby
    Insensè
    Eau Du Governeur
    Je Suis Un Homme
    L'Eau De Tarocco
    Calamus
    Vetiver Pour Elle
    Vetiver Extraordinaire

...others...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Flying to Brazil overnight so I will be wearing my Spring/Summer frags tomorrow. Taking Aventus, Dior Homme Sport. and still thinking about one more to take.

My favorites are Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic.

I have only a few spring staples -- among them, Une Fleur de Cassie, Visa, and Bois de Violette. My olfactory cravings are so tied to weather and the feel of a given day that, living in Nebraska where the spring weather is wildly unpredictable, my spring fragrances are all over the map -- ambers, incense, spice, florals, leather ... you name it, I wear it in the spring.

Summer is more straightforward, but there are a bunch: Carnal Flower, Tubereuse Criminelle, A La Nuit, Sarrasins, Songes, Arqusite Aleksandr, Chergui, and (my most worn) Daim Blond.

In no particular order I'd say:
    L'eau de l'artisan
    Pamplemousse & Basilic (L'essence des Notes)
    Equus (Lalique)
    Sartoriale (Pal Zileri)
    Désir de Rochas
    Eau d'Ikar (Sisley)

On this cold and rainy day the choices make me wish summer was here. When warmer weather comes, my favs are:
    AG Songes (small doses)
    G Nahema
    E T Violet Eyes
    Essence of Jerusalem
    MPG Rose Muskisme
    CSP Aloha Tiare
    E Coudray Jacinthe & Rose
    G L'Heure Bleue

A few that get a lot of use:
    YSL Pour Homme (1971)
    Live Jazz
    Armani Eau Pour Homme

I like to celebrate spring with vivacious, breezy florals and stemmy greens ...Guerlain Chamade, vintage Vent Vert, Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie, Capucci Yendi, PR Metal, Ava Luxe Pivoine Rose, Gucci Envy, AA Flora Nymphéa, Chanel Bel Respiro, Penhaligon's Bluebell, Keiko Mecheri White Petals, AdP Magnolia Nobile, Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte ...all very nice any time, but especially wonderful when the sun is shining and everything's in bud ...actually, they're all great for summer too, but these are the ones I look forward to wearing after a long winter, once the earth starts to warm up and bloom again.

I generally save my jasmine-heavy or tropical florals for summer ...Songes, Givenchy Ysatis, Gucci Rush, Fragonard Belle de Soleil and those Alien flankers (Lemon Alien and Beach Alien, as some of y'all might recall) are all balmy-weather floral faves, as well as my old-time drugstore fave Fabergé Babe. And my favorite crisp and elegant, always fresh and green summer chypre is Molyneux Quartz, but Dior's masterpiece Dune is my single most important staple for the very hottest days of summer ...thankfully, there are lots of those around here.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Some of my favorites for spring and summer.

Spring: Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
    L'Artisan Parfumers La Chasse Aux Papillons
    Jo Malone Honeysuckle & Jasmine
    Cartier Baiser Vole
    Jo Malone Iris & Lady Moore
    L'Artisan Premier Figuier
    Hermes Caleche eau Delicate

Summer: Dior Escale a Portofino
    Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi
    Chanel Cristalle
    Saffron James Le'a
    Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess
    Bvlgari Omnia Coral
    Ormonde Jayne Frangipani Absolute

Hmmmm... In February my nose starts vearing to green, astringent chypres. My favourites which I need FBs of are OJ Tiare and PR Metal if only I can find it. Others include EL Jasmine White Moss, Diorella, Eau Sauvage, Sisley Eau de Soir and Eau de Campagne, Chanel Eau de Cologne, Beige, Cristalle EdP, No19.

When its hot or I'm on holiday somewhere hot I love Gaultier2, EL Youth Dew Amber Nude, Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete, Montale Intense Tiare, SL A La Nuit, Floris Madonna of the Almonds and the most beautiful Amouage Ubar.

Looking through everyone's contributions so far it seems we share some basic leanings in types of scents at these times of year