Code of Conduct

Default Perfume for my Mom

She has been trying to find a good one lately and since there are discounts on perfumes due to valentine's day, I decided to find a good cologne for my mom so that my dad can buy it as a gift. 45 years old lady who wants a perfume which is neither too fresh nor too sweet. Just name the ones that you think can suit a woman in her age and I'll try them out.

Thanks.

Default Re: Perfume for my Mom

Thierry Mugler Angel.

Chanel No 5 remains a classic, sparkly, clean, but not excessively fresh, nor particularly sweet. If she likes something deeper, more ambery and more intense, you can try Aromatics Elixir by Clinque or Knowing by Estee Lauder.

cacio

Thanks. I'll try to get my hands on them next time I go to the shop.

Consider:
    CK Euphoria
    Thierry Mugler Alien
    CK Obsession Night
    Versace Crystal Noir
    Givenchy Ange ou Etrange
    Estee Lauder Pleasures

Basenotes Plus

Bottega Veneta and Chanel #5 Eau Premiere would be good to try.

I second the Bottega Veneta recommendation. You might also try some Hermes-the Eau des Merveilles line (and the latest one, Ambre des Merveilles, though this might swing too sweet for your mom's tastes) is light, but not particularly "fresh," to me at least. Kelly Caleche is light/leather/floral, which might be worth checking out too. (Also, what a great idea to help your father find a Valentine's day gift!)

Quote Originally Posted by quixoticcynic View Post
    I second the Bottega Veneta recommendation. You might also try some Hermes-the Eau des Merveilles line (and the latest one, Ambre des Merveilles, though this might swing too sweet for your mom's tastes) is light, but not particularly "fresh," to me at least. Kelly Caleche is light/leather/floral, which might be worth checking out too. (Also, what a great idea to help your father find a Valentine's day gift!)
    Thank you all for help, I appreciate.

@quixoticcynic I am sure that my father has sth in his mind for the valentine's day but since my mom needs a new perfume, I thought he could buy it as a bonus gift

Bottega Veneta all the way. It is on the expensive side but it is wonderful, versatile and is well worth the money invested.