Code of Conduct

Default The Smell of Weather Turning - Gorilla

I was looking through one of my boxes of scents, and came across a small spray of The Smell of Weather Turning by Gorilla Perfumes.

I must have had it for ages, but never used it. Anyway, I sprayed some on a paper split and was blown away, if you will excuse the pun.

It has notes of oak wood, peppermint oil, mint absolute, bay and chamomile. Despite having so much mint in it, it doesn't smell like toothpaste.

I am really impressed by it.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: The Smell of Weather Turning - Gorilla

Hmm never tried this one, but I like mint so your description has caught my interest. I will look for it next time I'm in Lush.

Sounds pretty good. Enjoy!

I didn't get the mint in it, but it's been awhile since i've smelled it, but I have Dirty. The Smell of Weather Turning actually reminded me of Hay or the smell of hay on a farm.

Good luck finding it jivehippo.

Thanks SJG

Silentrich, I just checked and it contains coumarin too. Yhat will explain the hay note that you get.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Another that I found disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Good luck finding it jivehippo.

Thanks SJG

Silentrich, I just checked and it contains coumarin too. Yhat will explain the hay note that you get.
    I'm excited about the new lineup. They've been up on their website for a bit now, but I'm not sure if they're in the stores yet. I really like how they changed those awful leaky 1 oz bottles and now have fragrances in bigger sizes.

Thanks for the thread mate, I have been curious about this line for a while but often end up forgetting about it. I see they now have this in Australia and Weather turning is there so will give this a go. Cheers
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    Thanks for the thread mate, I have been curious about this line for a while but often end up forgetting about it. I see they now have this in Australia and Weather turning is there so will give this a go. Cheers
    My pleasure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    My pleasure

Roja Dove

Hey hey, PB!

I forgot to ask you in the PM so I'll ask you here... Is this one from the new Gorilla range or the old, soon to be discontinued line?

I tried a few of the new ones recently, my favourite being The Devil's Nightcap (I forget the notes but definitely give it a whirl) but I don't remember TSOWT.

Yup, I'm gonna be the first to turn it into a Basenotes friendly acronym

Haha, VD, and what a marvelous acronym it is too

It's from the old range, not even sure now whether it's available in the shops or whether it's only mail order.

Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution

I wrote a thread about it last May, when like you Prince Barry, I stumbled upon it at the bottom of my sample pile and thought 'Oh, what the hell, let me see what this is all about'.

Now reading my comments on that thread, there is a slight ozonic/synthetic feel to it. Not too much but it keeps things edgy and interesting, sort of that same effect that I smell in Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle, but much different of course.

It's so affordable also.

The link to my thread is here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...y-Gorilla-Lush
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

An interesting concept, but not FBW for me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wrote a thread about it last May, when like you Prince Barry, I stumbled upon it at the bottom of my sample pile and thought 'Oh, what the hell, let me see what this is all about'.

Now reading my comments on that thread, there is a slight ozonic/synthetic feel to it. Not too much but it keeps things edgy and interesting, sort of that same effect that I smell in Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle, but much different of course.

It's so affordable also.

The link to my thread is here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...y-Gorilla-Lush
    Thanks Mike,the search facility must have been acting up yesterday because I didn't see your thread. I would have resurrected it if I had known.

Roja Dove