Code of Conduct

Default Do You Share/Sell Your Fragrances?

Just curious how many perufmers here in the DIY thread sell or share their creations? I'm sure you've all been asked this before, but I think it would be very interesting to sample your wares whether the samples are free or I have to pay for them. I've dabbled for fun but have not really created anything that I would feel comfortable sharing with anyone else, although I use them myself. Thanks.

Default Re: Do You Share/Sell Your Fragrances?

I'm not sure it counts as DIY any more since I do this for a living now, but fairly obviously mine are for sale either under my own brand or under someone else's where I've done white-label work or been commissioned to produce the formula.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Yes, I have just started to sell online, and am seeking representation/distribution and retail outlets...

YAY, The Website went live to sell, this week!
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Im just starting out and have noticed marketing is so hard. I think i am just not reaching the right audience. When i talk to folks about fragrances all they tell me about is the designer names they hear on tv and in magazines. if it's not a name they dont know they are iffy to try it. The clients i am going after are die hard fragrance fanatics who are more into finding unique fragrances, and not main stream stuff. I am always open to swaps.

My girlfriend and I are studying and experimenting hard to try to start a stall in a local market. I dream of making a selection similar to L'Occitane, has anyone heard of them? Chris do you have any advice on different themes that people like, which we could start out with? Is it good to have quite a broad range, or do you go for some related sets? What do you find sells? What bottle size? Do people buy the long lasting fragrances?

I'd like to make a lavender one like yours, but is lavender absolute hard to come by? Would tincturing the heads be similar in terms of longevity?

- - - Updated - - -

Paul, just took a look at your online store. Looks so awesome! I hope you get some sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Bridgewater, it sounds like you need a selling card, what is special about your fragrance. Why should they wear it over something tried and true? Also, think hard about how you can get your perfume in front of the noses of people who want unique fragrances. I know Chris has some of his range in some arty local stores, sounds appropriate.

Sharing, yes. Even some of the formulations.
    Selling, no. I would take tremendous investments in time and money and i like the creative part much more than the selling part of perfumery ;-)

I like the creative part of blending fragrances too but I must sell some to support my habit

I'm selling too, locally as well as online from http://evocativeperfumes.com
    Not full time yet - one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgewater View Post
    Im just starting out and have noticed marketing is so hard. I think i am just not reaching the right audience. When i talk to folks about fragrances all they tell me about is the designer names they hear on tv and in magazines. if it's not a name they dont know they are iffy to try it. The clients i am going after are die hard fragrance fanatics who are more into finding unique fragrances, and not main stream stuff. I am always open to swaps.
    I think BN is a great place to get your name out there through swaps etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Yes, I have just started to sell online, and am seeking representation/distribution and retail outlets...

YAY, The Website went live to sell, this week!
    Just visited your website - very nice. I may have missed this on the site, but are your frags EDP or EDT? Thanks.