Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Rose Attar (TRO)..........TRO abbreviation of ???

Just wondering what does the TRO abbreviation on the Amouage rose attar(TRO) stand for? It can't be Taif Rose Oil as on the Zahras website I see they have three different roses.... Amouage rose TRO , Run al Ward and the very expensive Rose Taif. TRO version seems to be the most affordable even in 30mls. If anyone can help be most grateful.

Default Re: Amouage Rose Attar (TRO)..........TRO abbreviation of ???

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Just wondering what does the TRO abbreviation on the Amouage rose attar(TRO) stand for? It can't be Taif Rose Oil as on the Zahras website I see they have three different roses.... Amouage rose TRO , Run al Ward and the very expensive Rose Taif. TRO version seems to be the most affordable even in 30mls. If anyone can help be most grateful.
    I'd ask Zahra - I've googled TRO with no result before, but wasn't seriously into buying it at the time so didn't ask! Understandably, there are a few typos on that site.

As I understand it, my Rose one (from Les Senteurs) is R.damascena (Bulgarian) & it's the best damascena that I've ever tried. At the time, it was remarkable value.
    It does not resemble Taifi rose.
    I suspect (from the price/alternatives) that it's this one - these people also sell it:-

http://www.allaviolettaboutique.com/...2ml--5613.aspx

Surrati do an amazing Rose Taif (ward al Taifi) oil which costs about $30/6ml, not Amouage quality but stronger than the rose mentioned above and way better than AO Rose Istanbuli. It has that sparkly lemony touch of Taifi.

Good luck!
    Last edited by lpp; 9th February 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    I'd ask Zahra - I've googled TRO with no result before, but wasn't seriously into buying it at the time so didn't ask! Understandably, there are a few typos on that site.

As I understand it, my Rose one (from Les Senteurs) is R.damascena (Bulgarian) & it's the best damascena that I've ever tried. At the time, it was remarkable value.
    It does not resemble Taifi rose.
    I suspect (from the price/alternatives) that it's this one - these people also sell it:-

http://www.allaviolettaboutique.com/...2ml--5613.aspx

Surrati do an amazing Rose Taif (ward al Taifi) oil which costs about $30/6ml, not Amouage quality but stronger than the rose mentioned abov and way better than AO Rose Istanbuli. It has that sparkly lemony touch of Taifi.

Good luck!

Bless you for your recommendations, will check it out now. With regards to the TRO business I've seen it on the bottles and stock lists in a number of places I.e the boutique, Harrods, etc. Gonna buy it anyway as found it quite tenacious when I did try it.

Bless you for your recommendations, will check it out now. With regards to the TRO business I've seen it on the bottles and stock lists in a number of places I.e the boutique, Harrods, etc. Gonna buy it anyway as found it quite tenacious when I did try it.
    You're welcome!

Banned

i think this TRO simply stands for this (from wiki) :

Turkish rose oil is sold as “Rose Oil”, “Turkish Rose Otto” and "Rosa Damascena Attar

and just to add
    The city of Taif in Saudi Arabia is famous for the cultivation of this flower, which is called "Ward Taifi".

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post

Turkish rose oil is sold as “Rose Oil”, “Turkish Rose Otto” and "Rosa Damascena Attar

and just to add
    The city of Taif in Saudi Arabia is famous for the cultivation of this flower, which is called "Ward Taifi".

Ivanita thank you very much for taking time out for the research. Wished it was taifi but guess damascena will do. This oil is so tenacious and lovely, great for blending. Am going to get it anyway. PM me as soon as you get your Amouage goodies ;-) by the way interns of vero profumo I love Onda parfum.......its so dark bit warm and complex. Quite a strange one but love it.

and just to add
    Obvious, really!

Banned

Ivanita thank you very much for taking time out for the research. Wished it was taifi but guess damascena will do. This oil is so tenacious and lovely, great for blending. Am going to get it anyway. PM me as soon as you get your Amouage goodies ;-) by the way interns of vero profumo I love Onda parfum.......its so dark bit warm and complex. Quite a strange one but love it.

Hehe no worries i learned something too:-) i was thinking that damascena is much better rose then bulgarian lol....maybe it is that the one that comes from Turkey is better then from Bulgaria:-)

I will be waiting patiently now for my attars! Can t wait haha, i think i will love Tribute, will report back for sure,just hope all will be fine:-)

Lpp you ordered from Mo long time ago, i saw it:-)

Onda is so special fragrance, when i smell it i think of perfect shape of a sphere, or a ball:-) ..and of dark brown colour that goes lighter by mixing of some nice white feathers into it hhehe, yes gets warm.really an amazing old school perfume of modern age,and its bitter like digestive:-)

Wish you could have tried Majan.......its so gooooood. If you can try getting tayiba next. I think damascena is Bulgaria. I tried Bulgaria and Turkish oils from different sources and although was very pleasant was very fleeting. The Amouage oil was really tenacious and yummy. May be something mixed in there but it was good.f
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 14th February 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks for the info.

Hehe no worries i learned something too:-) i was thinking that damascena is much better rose then bulgarian lol....maybe it is that the one that comes from Turkey is better then from Bulgaria:-)

I will be waiting patiently now for my attars! Can t wait haha, i think i will love Tribute, will report back for sure,just hope all will be fine:-)

Lpp you ordered from Mo long time ago, i saw it:-)

Onda is so special fragrance, when i smell it i think of perfect shape of a sphere, or a ball:-) ..and of dark brown colour that goes lighter by mixing of some nice white feathers into it hhehe, yes gets warm.really an amazing old school perfume of modern age,and its bitter like digestive:-)
    We never stop learning - that's part of the fun!

Hope you enjoy your Amouage rose oil! If it's the same as mine ....we put a few drops in a rose kulfi we made & it was lovely!

The Bulgarians & Turks both grow damascena - R. damascena trigintipetala 'Kazanlik' is amazing, just planted another one.
    http://www.classicroses.co.uk/products/roses/kazanlik/
    If you smell a fresh bloom of 'Kazanlik', it really smells like Taif oil! - since smelling the flower I've always wondered if their production methods around Taif are superior? I know it's regarded as a slightly different cultivar, but maybe there's more to it than that & climate.

Interesting paper about the Taif rose:-
    http://www.academicjournals.org/ajb/...%20et%20al.pdf
    Mass propagation - can't wait for that one!

Yes, Mo has been sourcing Amouage for a long time, but better not compliment him too much
    edit:O.K., so that looks ambiguous - based on my experience I would happily buy again.

Onda description is very good!
    Last edited by lpp; 14th February 2013 at 11:33 AM.

....we put a few drops in a rose kulfi we made & it was lovely!
    Wow I never thought of that! I've always used rose water - I guess that makes it a gourmand!

Needs to be a real good attar! So 'niche gourmand' oh dear..
    It's 'cos I couldn't find a decent rose petal jam.....

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this a while back:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWjI4toDN3w

and this is good too!
    http://www.saudicaves.com/saudi/roses.html

Just imagine!
    Last edited by lpp; 14th February 2013 at 12:28 PM.

Lol! Ipp now you got me salivating.....I loooooove kulfi but pistachio gotta be my fave

@sultanpasha
    Being a greedy sort, I'll have a half portion of each please!

U bought the TRO?

Lol! I willThink for myself two spoonful should suffice.....unless I want to be looking like a divinely smelling looompah oooompah! :-P

hehe - pls let us know what your rose oil is like when it arrives.
    Glad I stocked up a bit on attar last year right now!

I was wondering what TRO meant too. I have the Amouage Rose Attar (TRO).

Thanks for the info!

What's it like? - Still think mine (old white box) is Bulgarian.
    Wasn't described as TRO' when purchased, just 'rose' & appears more Bulgarian to me.

I LOVE Amouage attars...Tribute and Homage have a nice rose base. I bought a bottle of Tribute, now saving my pennies for Homage

Ipp I'm still waiting for Harrods to receive their shipment so that I may get my rose and other stuff. It's now been four long awaited weeks........patience is running very low....... As soon as I get it will comment. However from what I could remember when I tried it it was really tenacious and strong and certain aspects lasted overnight and that is what pleased me. It was just a plain rose which lacked the tartiness and and sharpness of Taif but after an hour got really intense and that intensity lasted for a good 5 hours after that there is a sweet woody earthy aura. This sweetness then becomes a skin scent which lasted overnight. Left my clothes nice and rosy for couple of days after :-P A friend of mine who also is a veteran bnoter commented on its unusual qualities.

- - - Updated - - -

There are so many Amouage attars to explore, but regrettably they have made availability so difficult its beyond ridiculous. If you can get an old batch of the Homage(white box or a red wooden one with Homage written on it) do so, as the reformulated post 2011 batches are not as great as the original formulation.

What's it like? - Still think mine (old white box) is Bulgarian.
    Wasn't described as TRO' when purchased, just 'rose' & appears more Bulgarian to me.
    Mine came in the black box. At first it is a fresh rose, very long lasting. I like it best after it has been on for several hours- it is creamier then. It's like it has aged from young and dewy to a more sophisticated, subdued rose.

@ MorganFay
    Thank you for clarifying!
    Mine doesn't last long, definitely think Bulgarian as it doesn't have the 'fresh' bit & is very 'calming' - think that they are different beasties

@sultanpasha - thanks - horrible waiting - from my understanding European orders do seem to be overdue...
    My old 'white box' Homage stash is something to be deeply ashamed of
    Last edited by lpp; 4th March 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Ipp what do you mean? You were disappointed with your older white box version? =-O

- - - Updated - - -

Ipp what do you mean? You were disappointed with your older white box version? =-O

Hehe, sultanpasha, no, adore it - just embarrassed re. the number of boxes stashed here
    Last edited by lpp; 5th March 2013 at 02:34 PM.