Code of Conduct

Default Bottle Style Preferences

Not sure if this is the right thread for this one, so I apologize in advance if I should have posted elsewhere. I'm considering hosting a split soon. The bottles that I like the most are these:

30mlBottle.jpg

But, they are 60ml bottles and I would be doing the split in 50ml quantities so the bottle would not be filled all the way to the top.

The 50ml bottles are a little thinner and taller. This is what they look like:

50mlBottle.jpg

I know it doesn't matter that much one way or another, but if I used the 60ml bottles I would not want anyone in the split questioning whether or not they got a full 50ml amount since the bottle won't be filled all the way. Obviously if I used the 50ml bottles they WOULD be filled to the top and there would be no question about it.

From your experience, do you think this would be a problem? Do you all prefer the shorter, fatter bottles or do you usually not mind if the taller, skinnier bottles are use in splits and decants? Thanks for any input.

Default Re: Bottle Style Preferences

I think esthetically if you are going to offer 50ml, it would look better in the 50ml bottles. Just my opinion.

I think people psychologically like to receive a full bottle.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

As a splitter, watch the bottle you use if sending USPS Priority Mail. I have found most 60ml bottles are thinner than the 50ml bottle and fits into the Small Flat Rate box better. Remember, bubble wrap is your friend, but takes up a lot of room. I prefer my boxes have no buldging, so I go with the 60ml bottle.

The other thing I like with the 60ml versus the 50's I have used, gives you more room to print a larger label.

If you are upfront when listing your split, you shouldn't have ant problems. I have done over 200 splits, and no one has complained about using a 60ml bottle. If I could find a 50ml bottle with the same approximate face as the 60 I am using, I would use those, as long as the cost were similar. Unfortunately, haven't found it yet.

Doesn't really bother me how they look, I think the most important thing is the sprayers.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think esthetically if you are going to offer 50ml, it would look better in the 50ml bottles. Just my opinion.
    Appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    I think people psychologically like to receive a full bottle.
    Thank you as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    As a splitter, watch the bottle you use if sending USPS Priority Mail. I have found most 60ml bottles are thinner than the 50ml bottle and fits into the Small Flat Rate box better. Remember, bubble wrap is your friend, but takes up a lot of room. I prefer my boxes have no buldging, so I go with the 60ml bottle.

The other thing I like with the 60ml versus the 50's I have used, gives you more room to print a larger label.

If you are upfront when listing your split, you shouldn't have ant problems. I have done over 200 splits, and no one has complained about using a 60ml bottle. If I could find a 50ml bottle with the same approximate face as the 60 I am using, I would use those, as long as the cost were similar. Unfortunately, haven't found it yet.
    Great info. Thank you very much for the heads up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Doesn't really bother me how they look, I think the most important thing is the sprayers.
    Thank you also. I have used this style bottle before that I received from somebody else and the sprayers seem very good.

Post Thanks / Like

My belated suggestion: yet another vote in favor of the thin, tall bottle.

I would go with the 50ml.