Code of Conduct

Default I just got Banged! My newest Obsession Marc Jacobs Bang

I want to share my new obsession, Marc Jacobs Bang! It's rare and wonderful when you find a new scent that you love instantly, and keeps you coming back, but this peppery vetiver does it for me.

So I bought it blind, it was on sale, I saw it and it called to me from the rack, the glorious and wonderful Bang! A peppery fragrance with a gorgeous dry down. It's everything I love in a bottle, vetiver, pink, black, white pepper a touch of citrus and some wood, just heavenly.

People do complain about longevity, but honestly, I don't have an issue, 5 sprays give me a full 6-8 hour workday worth of wear. it's hard to describe but it gives you a unique citrus pepper, like pepper gains infused into lemon rind, just gorgeous stuff. It smells expensive. It's sillage isn't beastly but I can definitely smell it on myself and my clothes, it's a fragrance for young those intimate with you, sexy, sophisticated, perfectly balanced I'm so impressed. Do skip the wretched followup Bang Bang though, completely different scent generic and dull "sport" scent marketed to the masses.

I highly recommend this, it's definitely one I'll always have in my collection. I pray it's never discontinued, I'd be heartbroken.

Default Re: I just got Banged! My newest Obsession Marc Jacobs Bang

An pretty good frag. Should have been named Pepperbomb. Excellent drydown.

Its my favorite pepper out there. Bad marketing on their part.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I also like the peppery vetiver dry down. Tried a couple of sprays from a friends bottle. Liked it. Had heard so many negative things about Bang, that I expected the worse. It is quite a nice fragrance. Bottle worthy for me.

What's going on here...Didn't you start this thread a few days ago?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/323...ng!?highlight=

Not trying to be rude, but didn't you create an identical thread two days ago?

Today:

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    I want to share my new obsession, Marc Jacobs Bang! It's rare and wonderful when you find a new scent that you love instantly, and keeps you coming back, but this peppery vetiver does it for me.

So I bought it blind, it was on sale, I saw it and it called to me from the rack, the glorious and wonderful Bang! A peppery fragrance with a gorgeous dry down. It's everything I love in a bottle, vetiver, pink, black, white pepper a touch of citrus and some wood, just heavenly.

People do complain about longevity, but honestly, I don't have an issue, 5 sprays give me a full 6-8 hour workday worth of wear.......
    Two days ago:

Viva la Bang! My new favorite, Marc Jacobs Bang!

So I bought it blind, it was on sale, I saw it and it called to me from the rack, the glorious and wonderful Bang! A peppery fragrance with a gorgeous dry down. It's everything I love in a bottle, pink, black, white pepper a touch of citrus and some wood, just heavenly.

People do complain about longevity, but honestly, I don't have an issue, 5 sprays give me a full 6-8 hour workday worth of wear........
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    What's going on here...Didn't you start this thread a few days ago?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/323...ng!?highlight=
    LOL! We were having the same thought at the exact same time.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

It smells like a knock-off of CdG 2 man to me.

I'm worried about this guy. Multiple Bang threads along with a TdH thread that basically called anyone who liked it pathetic. Just....

Anyways I think Bang is great!
    Last edited by ToughCool; 10th February 2013 at 02:58 AM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Never cared for this fragrance personally.

I could never wear 5 sprays of this.

Basenotes Plus

I fully concur - +1!

A great thread with humorous title, but the scent is serious. A wonderful scent full of peppercorns - pink, white & black...fresh ground from the pepper mill. Something to note as well - a scent that layers well with citrus fragrances, which adds dimensions to scents.

Definitely full-bottle worthy! Great juice.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I also like the peppery vetiver dry down. Tried a couple of sprays from a friends bottle. Liked it. Had heard so many negative things about Bang, that I expected the worse. It is quite a nice fragrance. Bottle worthy for me.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

So I bought it blind, it was on sale, I saw it and it called to me from the rack, the glorious and wonderful Bang! A peppery fragrance with a gorgeous dry down.
    So, how is that a blind buy......seeing it in a shop and trying it?

I do like Bang. Great longevity on me. The flanker Bang Bang is a dud though.