Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Le mouchoir de monsieur

Several weeks ago there was a thread which asked everyone here to identify their favorite reveiwers
    and we all gave our choices myself included and there was some general consensus as to who the best of the
    best were. But thinking about it later I was upset with myself that I'd forgotten to mention Le Mouchoir de Monsieur, as I think a couple of other basenoters more aware than myself did, and so I'm giving him a special mention here now because I think he so deserves it. I don't know of any other reviewer who has given me as much pleasure and so much enjoyment as he has. Witty. Passionate. Crazy. Rambling. Ranting. Touching. Hysterical. Puking in Barney's washroom......well who hasn't? And the wonderful writing. And even though I often thought I might have to switch back to caffeinated just to get to the end of one of his seemingly endless reviews, I was never anything but entertained. I have tried fragrances I would never have tried only because he wrote about them. I'm still trying to scrub away most of them. And I know firsthand that he can take a joke on himself , insufferable as he might appear at first reading. And in this day and age that kind of civility is a gift in itself.

Dependent

Default Re: Le mouchoir de monsieur

nice shoutout. he's a lovable nutball

Props to him.

I didn't read the original thread, but I'd support that shout-out to MdM. His reviews are brilliant.

Basenotes Institution

All hail the monsieur! Where the hell is he?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Simplex Sigillum Veri

Popping in to add my roses of appreciation for Le Mouchoir de Monsieur. His reviews are fantastic! I think they are somewhat exhausting for him to write, or there would be more of them. Hopefully, he will write more reviews as he becomes inspired.

Would someone please share a link to his reviews? I've been looking for them online and on youtube, but can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance. Are the reviews in Basenotes posts?

Curly, I don't know whether LMdM has any youtube reviews. I think if you go onto his profile page (which you can access if you look up Le Mouchoir de Monsieur in the member list under the Comunity tab above, that you can find a link to his reviews there. He also has some very good reviews on Fragrantica. I don't know if all of his reviews are in both places.

Here's a link to his reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/40696

Thanks lilybelle & socalwoman!

Truly enjoy both his fragrance reviews and board posts.

Yay, lovely shout out
    Sometimes i'm overwhelmed by his writing, but it's quickly captivating once you get into it and he is, as you said, witty, charming and hillarious - a great personality here

It takes a little bit of thinking sometimes, to get the whole point of lMdM's posts, but it's always worth it. He's entertaining, he's honest, and he makes us think. Your reviews are ... well.. they are lMdM reviews and they've caused me to buy more treasures than I can put into a few words here. If you get a moment, come on back Le Mouchoir de Monsieur!