Code of Conduct

Default Anyone else like Hypnotic Poison EDT better than the Elixir version?

Just curious. I fear it may be further evidence of my unrefined newbie palate, but I think I like the EDT better. I loved the idea of a richer, longer-lasting version of the EDT and I was soooooooo excited to find a bottle of the Elixir for sale. And it is very nice, but there's something in it that tickles my nose in an unpleasant way. It's subtle, but annoying enough that I find myself reaching for my mini of the EDT over my full bottle of the elixir. Kinda makes me wish I'd saved myself a bunch of money and just gone for the EDT.

Is it just me???
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Default Re: Anyone else like Hypnotic Poison EDT better than the Elixir version?

I'd love to try this as a guy who wears the EDT. I hear it's getting hard to find now. Where did you get it?

Default Re: Anyone else like Hypnotic Poison EDT better than the Elixir version?

Well, if your elixir needs a new home..I know a good one, mine. hehe. I love the elixir. Maybe you aren't a fan of licorice or the spiciness of it?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Yes, I'm not seeing it for sale anywhere any more. I bought it last August from this seller on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details...g_detailsAbout. I'd never heard of them before but they had good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by alexwagner View Post
    I'd love to try this as a guy who wears the EDT. I hear it's getting hard to find now. Where did you get it?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Well, if your elixir needs a new home..I know a good one, mine. hehe. I love the elixir. Maybe you aren't a fan of licorice or the spiciness of it?
    Yeah, it might be the licorice. Or star anise. I'm not a big fan of either.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I want to try Hypnotic Poison, but I think that the elixir would be better for my skin type. I have dry skin and frags don't last long on me, especially edt's.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!