Code of Conduct

Cool Anyone try Armani Eau de Nuit?

New release and based on the notes I'm curious what this one's like. The only Armani I've liked is Mania...so we'll see

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137797.html

Default Re: Anyone try Armani Eau de Nuit?

Interesting. Wonder if it is overtly synthetic.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Haven't tried it yet. Want to though.
    Currently wearing: Le Vetiver Itasca by Lubin

Haven't seen it in the States yet.

I've tried it and like it. Will buy a bottle of it. I like the tobacco phase especially in its development.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Armani Eau Pour Homme (vtg) (Roger Pellegrino, 1984)
    Monsieur de Givenchy (1959)
    Chanel Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jacques Polge, 2014)
    CK Eternity for men (vtg) (Carlos Benaim, 1990)
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Jacques Cavallier, 2003)
    Creed Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    New release and based on the notes I'm curious what this one's like. The only Armani I've liked is Mania...so we'll see

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137797.html
    I bought this when i was in Spain last week and i absolutely love it. It smells like a mix of Paco's One Million and DG Gentlemen. Love it!!!

I love it! My favourite new fragrance for quite some time. Has a bit of Dior Homme vibe early on. Seems to last well too (although I have aonly tested on my wrist a couple of times in store. It was exclusive to Harrods in UK, but it arrived in Fenwicks today.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Tried once, the drydown is absolutely identical to Bulgari Black. Bince this is discontinued, you can buy Armani if you loved that "rubber" note.

There is small rubber note but not so clearly smelling than in Bvlgari Black.

Armani Nuit also lacks vanilla (+) which BB has, again Nuit has pepper and iris (++), these make it a better frag for me.
    (Marcel Rochas)

Current Top 7:

Basenotes Institution

Didn't know this has a rubber note. Interesting...
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Equipage Granium by Herms

Imo there is a small nuance in some development phase. But to my nose the drydown is quite different from Bvlgari Black.
    (Marcel Rochas)

Current Top 7:

Quote Originally Posted by Andr Moreau View Post
    Tried once, the drydown is absolutely identical to Bulgari Black.
    Lol. It's a whole completely different powdery-tobacco-ambery drydown with a nearly unperceivable whiff of rubber. "Slightly similar" to be generous. It is way more similar to Dior Homme for instance.

Anyway I just got a sample of this Nuit flanker and it seems really nice!
    Last edited by Colin Maillard; 14th May 2015 at 11:57 AM.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Niche, vintage & discontinued stuff - Creed Royal English Leather in!> Sale thread & Swap thread

Tried it a few times and although I like it for its pleasant smoothness (in fact, closer to a discreet daytime fragrance rather than for evening/nighttime wear to my nose), still considering the regular Eau pour Homme significantly better

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    "Slightly similar" to be generous. It is way more similar to Dior Homme for instance.

Anyway I just got a sample of this Nuit flanker and it seems really nice!
    This, and I really like this Armani very much but not as much as Dior Homme/DHI...
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

One that I have and Love!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    One that I have and Love!!!
    Likewise.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

I prefer the fresher Eau de aromes. Mind you, the whole series is a little weak, demanding lots of sprays.
    Top 5
    1. Monsillage Aviation Club
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Pluriel
    3. Chanel Pour Monsieur
    4. Tom Ford Oud Wood
    5. Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    Currently wearing: goste / L'goste by Chanel

This is the weakest link in the chain I believe,

Something about it that doesn't sit right with me, not a memorable or pleasant fragrance.

Only sprayed 4 times and going to sell 1 50ml bottle.
    Currently wearing: Ferrari Uomo by Ferrari

Yes, I have sniffed Armani Eau De Nuit out at a profumeria.. It is a very nice fragrance, but it is also very mild.. Eau de Nuit opens up similar to Dior Homme due to the use of iris.. Dior Homme is an iris/cocao combo while Eau de Nuit is more of iris/tonka combo.. The iris adds that classy touch to the fragrance, while the spices and tonka sweeten the fragrance up and add some sex appeal.. For those that appreciate sweet fragrances I definitely think Eau de Nuit is a good choice! It is a pretty sweet fragrance but it is sweet done right in my opinion.. Keep in mind however that Eau de Nuit is a mild/subtle fragrance somewhat like Dolce & Gabbana The One in the performance department, very well done, but subtle.. The Armani Eau line is well done and put together in my opinion.. If you are looking for something less sweet and more masculine with more of a punch the new Armani Eau de Cedre is absolutely amazing! This new Eau de Cedre is in my opinion the best release of this year so far! It is a velvety green blend of spices, suede, and a nice cedarwood..

Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    Yes, I have sniffed Armani Eau De Nuit out at a profumeria.. It is a very nice fragrance, but it is also very mild.. Eau de Nuit opens up similar to Dior Homme due to the use of iris.. Dior Homme is an iris/cocao combo while Eau de Nuit is more of iris/tonka combo.. The iris adds that classy touch to the fragrance, while the spices and tonka sweeten the fragrance up and add some sex appeal.. For those that appreciate sweet fragrances I definitely think Eau de Nuit is a good choice! It is a pretty sweet fragrance but it is sweet done right in my opinion.. Keep in mind however that Eau de Nuit is a mild/subtle fragrance somewhat like Dolce & Gabbana The One in the performance department, very well done, but subtle.. The Armani Eau line is well done and put together in my opinion.. If you are looking for something less sweet and more masculine with more of a punch the new Armani Eau de Cedre is absolutely amazing! This new Eau de Cedre is in my opinion the best release of this year so far! It is a velvety green blend of spices, suede, and a nice cedarwood..
    Only in the online "fragrance community" so many fragrances are unjustifiably called "light", "subtle" or mild". Not a big fan of it but to me EdNuit is absolutely not a "light" one. It's not Interlude Man or Bogart Silver Scent, and it's perfect like that, but it's not a light one and its "performances" are more than adequate. And definitively not like The One (Which I also don't have a problem with the performances as it's a long lasting one on me, got me comments 12 hours later, and a close encounter low projection and silage which is great to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeys View Post
    Only in the online "fragrance community" so many fragrances are unjustifiably called "light", "subtle" or mild". Not a big fan of it but to me EdNuit is absolutely not a "light" one. It's not Interlude Man or Bogart Silver Scent, and it's perfect like that, but it's not a light one and its "performances" are more than adequate. And definitively not like The One (Which I also don't have a problem with the performances as it's a long lasting one on me, got me comments 12 hours later, and a close encounter low projection and silage which is great to me)
    Well I think that depends on the person and what some are used to.. I am not one of those guys who has to have "powerhouse" performance to enjoy a fragrance and their are plenty of those in the fragrance community.. But comparing Eau de Nuit to the average modern day fragrance I would definitely call it light.. It is probably not as light as Dolce & Gabbana The One but I do get a similar performance from the two of them.. Now maybe you are used to these type of scents or you have magical skin but I can not for the life of me get Dolce & Gabbana The One to last really more than two or three hours on my skin.. I can spray it 10 times, within 25 minutes it is already nearly a skin scent and than after that is very hard to detect before it fades away and disappears.. I think most people who wear The One have would agree with me but than there are those out there like yourself who swear that it performs fine for them.. Than again there are some fragrances which perform fine if not very well on my skin for example Dolce & Gabbana Intenso that some on here call "light" also..

great juice more similar to Dior Homme Intense!